nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, NewYorker14 said:

I am so nervous for this interview. How did you guys prepare for the interview? What should I expect? Can you all please share any helpful advise, info, tips anything at all to help me calm my nerves and be prepare for the interview?

I traveled  out of the US earlier this month, what proof do I show of that?

I worked a seasonal job my 1st year here for like 3 months but I did not put that on the application because I thought it was just 3 months it wouldn't matter but now I am regretting that, what proof should I take for that?

I did work study at my college and I did not put that either, what proof should I take for that? 

Do I need to walk with pay stubs? Or anything else that is not on the interview letter? 

What was the interview like for you guys?

PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Noone asked me for proofs for my jobs and travels! They don't even have time for it! They have to get through ALL the questions on your application + some basic questions + your civics/english test + possibly extra q-s for your ROC within half an hour. Unless there is something sketchy about your case, noone will ask for anything! All they asked me for was MY passport (not even my husbands) and I forced my tax papers on him (he didn't even want it). Others report that they asked for taxes + updated leases (if you rent) + passports.... Nothing else. If you didn't put down your work study, don't mention it either, only what's on your application. Give short answers. They don't have time for your life story. And don't worry. It will be easy and fine! (Obviously you can take airline tix and paystubs are proof if you want to.)

On 6/26/2019 at 10:09 AM, NewYorker14 said:

Me tooooooooo! How did you prepare for the interview? Can you share any advise with me? What should I expect? I am so nervous. 

Just study the civics, don't be nervous! It's totally normal but relax. What time is your appointment?I went in early because it might be mad traffic in the city. I'd rather wait inside the  building than hang around outside and miss the appt. I just bought whatever they stated on the interview letter. I had my green card and passport with me. My IO asked for my SS Card and i told her it's not with me and it was not a problem. She basically asked the same questions we answered in our application form. Then civics questions started. She  basically started questioning me without any prelude so it kinda threw me off. She also verified my travels and my occupation. For my employers/schools, it wasn't filled out in her part so i suggest print out a copy of the application form just in case some of the answers will not show up in your IO's end. The IO will let youknow if you passed or failed. If you passed, she will ask you if you want to wait for your oath ceremony notice which they give out same day by batch or send it by mail assuming you don't have a name change. If you opted in for it, you're gonna sign a name change form and your oath will be mailed to you. 

Spoiler

PD: May 24, 2012

09.12.2013 NOA 2 (email)

09.17.2013 NOA 2 Hard copy

09.26.2013 Case received by NVC

10.08.2013 Case number and IIN

10.09.2013 DS-261 sent

10.10.2013 AOS bill invoice received; In Process

10.10.2013 Case expedited. Shipped to USEM Manila

10.12.2013 AOS "Paid"

10.22.2013 Physical case at USEM; DS260 sent

10.23.2013 Medical Day 1; Received email waiving my interview schedule

10.24.2013 Medical Day 2

10.25.2013 Interview Date, Approved

10.30.2013 Visa received! Best birthday gift ever! 

11.06.2013 Attended PDOS

11.20.2013 POE at Guam 

11.26.2013 SSN Card Received by mail

01.15.2014 Green Card received! Finally! 

Spoiler

N400

10.28.2018 Application submitted, NOA1

11.03.2018 Biometrics scheduled

11.23.2018 Biometrics done

03.26.2019 Interview scheduled

05.01.2019 Interview done, approved

06.20.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Got my passport today. It only took a week. The journey has finally end. I’m so thankful for this group. Hope everyone will get naturalization sooner. 

Got my passport a few days ago. Moving over to the i-130 section, have applied for my mom. See you guys over there if any pf you decide to bring family members. Ciao! Am available via private message if anyone needs help with anything :)

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

8 hours ago, nompish said:

Got my passport a few days ago. Moving over to the i-130 section, have applied for my mom. See you guys over there if any pf you decide to bring family members. Ciao! Am available via private message if anyone needs help with anything :)

I'll be doing the same for my parents in Cape Town :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

My wife applied in Oct 20, 2018. Is anybody still waiting for the interview? It should be soon?

anyway to get this expedited? Her mom has cancer and she wants to bring her to the us for better treatment. Thank you in advance for any reply!

6 hours ago, mdx81 said:

My wife applied in Oct 20, 2018. Is anybody still waiting for the interview? It should be soon?

anyway to get this expedited? Her mom has cancer and she wants to bring her to the us for better treatment. Thank you in advance for any reply!

Unfortunately not. You will have to wait. 

In the meantime her mum can apply for a B1 Visa to visit for treatment? Of course she can only stay 6 months max in a year. 

10 hours ago, mdx81 said:

Yes me and I applied Oct 1. Still have Nov as estimated completion date.

3 hours ago, ordjnb said:

Unfortunately not. You will have to wait. 

In the meantime her mum can apply for a B1 Visa to visit for treatment? Of course she can only stay 6 months max in a year. 

Yes she can get B2 medical visit visa. 

even if she naturalized right now it would still take around a year before i130 for her mom was processed.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I applied my N400 October 2018.  I already did my biometrics.  No interview date yet.  

Question, I have an expired passport from my native country.  Should I get a new one?  Or an expired passport will do? 

Thanks in advance!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, skywalkerjedi said:

I applied my N400 October 2018.  I already did my biometrics.  No interview date yet.  

Question, I have an expired passport from my native country.  Should I get a new one?  Or an expired passport will do? 

Thanks in advance!

I have an expired passport too when I went to my interview. The officer looked at it and there was no issue. Don't worry about it. 

On 7/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, nompish said:

Did you expedite yours? 
You are brave soul for continuing on with more immigration stuff. I'm done for life. :D Good look to your mom, I hope it goes smoothly!

16 hours ago, Butterfly83 said:

Did you expedite yours? 
You are brave soul for continuing on with more immigration stuff. I'm done for life. :D Good look to your mom, I hope it goes smoothly!

Yes, did expedite cos am traveling to England soon and didn't wanna risk the 4-8 weeks one. Lol! i know right ...but i miss my mom so much and as a widow she has nothing holding her @home and she doesn't mind living here with me. 

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Does anyone know how often they conduct Judicial Oath ceremonies in NY? I live in Qns. Has anyone on here requested a name change on their N400 application? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.