nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Thanks! That would be tricky to write on a touch screen using a stylus, let alone a fingertip!

8 minutes ago, jefferyd said:

George Washington was the first President.

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Yeah, the waiting isn't much fun. 

I'd have a look at your current status (has your case been transferred? That's normally a good sign) and also check the lead times for your local office. That will give you a bit of an idea of what to expect, though it's not an exact science. You can also check where your local office is at in terms of processing N400s.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:59 PM, barbieestep said:

Hi y'all! Today is exactly my 3rd month after I had my biometrics last Nov. 13, 2018. I'm starting to feel angst waiting :) Though i know its normal to wait for this kind of situation. For the meantime, I keep on studying so I will be totally prepared. Do I need to follow up on my status or just wait? Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

On 2/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, Nikolas2017 said:

I went to immigration this morning. I specifically went with the wife and was waiting at the door where are officers usually call people for an interview. and my idea was successful. I met my officer who interviewed me. and he said. what they will do again interview together with my wife. because I first came to the interview alone and without a wife . because they didn't call her and my name was all in the letter. and my wife said that today. then I asked if the officer had given my case to the supervisor . but the officer said that there is not given since Tampa is not in place for two weeks of the supervisor .and wait for the letter and there we will tell you what to do. that was today. 

LESSON LEARNED: For all N-400 applicants through marriage to a US Citizen, go with your spouse to the interview! After waiting this long for thr interview opportunity, it will suck if the reason why you can't be approved is because you did not come with your spouse. It's very dreadful to have to come back in for a 2nd appointment over something that could have been avoided in the first place!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am a Nov 2017 ROC filer. I have had no updates on the GC app at all. No transfer, No RFE

I applied for N-400 on Feb 14th. Got a notice today that my biometrics has been scheduled. I believe my local office would be NYC. How do you find out what local office is it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Knockturn Alley said:

LESSON LEARNED: For all N-400 applicants through marriage to a US Citizen, go with your spouse to the interview! After waiting this long for thr interview opportunity, it will suck if the reason why you can't be approved is because you did not come with your spouse. It's very dreadful to have to come back in for a 2nd appointment over something that could have been avoided in the first place!

I’m not sure I 100% agree with this. I mean obviously it can’t hurt, but I’m positive that his was originally supposed to be a joint interview for i751. If you’ve already received your extension, and your N400 is only for citizenship, then you do not need to take your spouse. 

Anyone else here agree or disagree? 

My i751 was granted, so my interview next month is only for N400. The interview letter said nothing about spouse. So I wasn’t planning on making her take a day off of work to come with me.

5 hours ago, a.t.j24 said:

I’m not sure I 100% agree with this. I mean obviously it can’t hurt, but I’m positive that his was originally supposed to be a joint interview for i751. If you’ve already received your extension, and your N400 is only for citizenship, then you do not need to take your spouse. 

Anyone else here agree or disagree? 

My i751 was granted, so my interview next month is only for N400. The interview letter said nothing about spouse. So I wasn’t planning on making her take a day off of work to come with me.

Sorry! Yes the combo interview was what I meant to say! Better to be on the safe side and go with ur spouse for the I-751 part of the interview. Not saying it's a strict rule because I'm definitely not an IO, but you never know the kind of officer you might get.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, Knockturn Alley said:

The interview itself was easy. Had to wait 2 hours after my scheduled time, to finally be called, so you might want to go WAY earlier than ur appointment time. Heard they don't bother if you're that early. Wish someone had told me before the day. The office was packed so I don't know if my 02/04 was like a mass interview day for applicants. Interviewer was nice and easy going. I think they put up a stern personality out in the lobby but when they take you into their office they're very friendly. Went with my wife, and they might need you to go with ur spouse for the I-751 part if yours is a combi interview. Civics questions were very easy. One war fought in the 1900s, How long do Representatives serve? What month we vote for Prez? What year was Dec of Indep signed?, Governor of your state now, etc. Once you get 6 questions right, then you've passed the civics part. She had me read a written sentence, and then had me write on a notepad while she read a sentence to me. Very elementary so it was awesome. And then she gave me the N-652 that I had passed but they couldnt approve because of a major system problem. So I'm hoping they can rectify it before the next oath ceremony on March 15th

https://www.flmd.uscourts.gov/naturalization-ceremonies

That's the link for oath ceremonies in the Tampa Bay area.

did you have any update on your case,  I has done interview on 02/04  same yours in Tampa, I aslo went with my husband, they has been scheduled me for Oath taking next Friday 02/22, I hope you will get update soon and will get same Oath date , so try to check your case time by time

Edited by trangnguyen

1 hour ago, trangnguyen said:

did you have any update on your case,  I has done interview on 02/04  same yours in Tampa, I aslo went with my husband, they has been scheduled me for Oath taking next Friday 02/22, I hope you will get update soon and will get same Oath date , so try to check your case time by time

Hi trangnguyen! No update yet. Still says Interview is Scheduled! Still staying positive though!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Knockturn Alley said:

Hi trangnguyen! No update yet. Still says Interview is Scheduled! Still staying positive though!

So how about your I-751 case status . Did it approved yet

11 minutes ago, trangnguyen said:

So how about your I-751 case status . Did it approved yet

Not yet. They were supposed to be approved at the same time at the interview

12 hours ago, Knockturn Alley said:

Was an i751 pending? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/9/2019 at 9:24 AM, a.t.j24 said:

Oh no way! I have my interview in just over a month! I hope their system gets fixed by then. Did he give you any indication as to when you will have to go back? That seems crazy. 

Can you tell me more about your interview in Tampa though please? I would love to hear more details so I know what I'm headed into. 

Thanks!

hello did you get news after interview? i wait 2 week and nothing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, Xfiles said:

Give them time dude there’s not even a week since that.! Give them at least a month. If u got the paper that u pass then you are good relax.! Dont spect a letter two days after 😂 

hello did you get news after interview? i wait 2 week and nothing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.