2,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just checked the app and my status changed to “Case was approved” !!!! 

Nebraska LIN case. 

Filed: 10/29/2018

Moved and changed address in April. 

Biometrics appt: 07/02/2019

Case was Approved: 08/22/2019

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
19 minutes ago, lntdenver said:

Nebraska LIN case. 

Congratulations! We have the same timeline! Hoping for an approval soon too!

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

4 hours ago, lntdenver said:

Nebraska LIN case. 

Congrats!

Just checked my e-mail (11:26pm) and received one from USCIS saying:

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On August 22, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LINxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

There are no updates to either USCIS websites.  No SMS, too.

Good luck to those who are still waiting!  Yours will be approved soon!!! 

Edited by TuesdayBL

AOS, EAD, AP

06/18/2016 - I-130, AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/20/2016 - Package received

06/30/2016 - (4) Text notifications received; online status available

07/03/2016 - (4) NOA1s received w/ notice date of 06/29/16

07/11/2016 - Biometrics appointment notice received (appointment date: 07/18/2016)

07/18/2016 - Done with biometrics in 15-20mins.

08/03/2016 - Received text message that I-485 online status changed (RFIE received)

08/08/2016 - RFIE (yellow paper) hard copy for I-485 received

09/23/2016 - RFIE Response sent

09/27/2016 - NBC received RFIE response (I-485 online status changed)

10/10/2016 - Filed SR for EAD & AP to update status (day 112 from RD)

10/14/2016 - Online status for I-485 updated to "Interview is Scheduled" for 11/16/16.

10/17/2016 - Received Interview Notice (dated 10/12/16)

10/22/2016 - Received hard copy of response to SR stating EAD will be processed w/in 90 days of evidence receipt (dated 10/19/16).

10/25/2016 - Online status for EAD changed to "New Card is Being Produced" and AP status changed to "Case Approved"

10/31/2016 - I-797 hard copy for EAD & AP received

11/04/2016 - EAD online status changed to "Card was Mailed to Me" (text notification received)

11/08/2016 - Combo card received (text message received)

11/16/2016 - Interviewed at 8:35am and got approved on the spot. Online status updated to "New Card is Being Produced" and I-130 updated to "Case Approved."

11/22/2016 - Received NOA2 (I-797) hard copy for both I-130 and I-485.

11/23/2016 - Text message received/Status changed - "Card was mailed to me"

11/26/2016 - Green card received.

ROC

07/23/2018 - NOA for 120 Day Reminder Notice to Apply I-751 received in the mail

10/25/2018 - Sent I-751 application to Texas SC (with G-1145)

10/28/2018 - USCIS received ROC application

11/02/2018 - Receipt number received from USCIS thru text and case sent to Nebraska office.

1 hour ago, TuesdayBL said:

Just checked my e-mail (11:26pm) and received one from USCIS saying:

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On August 22, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LINxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

There are no updates to either USCIS websites.  No SMS, too.

Good luck to those who are still waiting!  Yours will be approved soon!!! 

Congrats!!!

I'm really kicking myself now for completely forgetting to include the e-notification forms. I guess we may just have to see what shows up in the mail? Though that’s sorta fun, like waiting for university acceptance letters all over again!

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

6 hours ago, MorganandMichael said:

Congrats!!!

I'm really kicking myself now for completely forgetting to include the e-notification forms. I guess we may just have to see what shows up in the mail? Though that’s sorta fun, like waiting for university acceptance letters all over again!

Thanks!  Yup, you just gotta check your status online every now and then.  Keep the faith & good luck! *hugs*

AOS, EAD, AP

06/18/2016 - I-130, AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/20/2016 - Package received

06/30/2016 - (4) Text notifications received; online status available

07/03/2016 - (4) NOA1s received w/ notice date of 06/29/16

07/11/2016 - Biometrics appointment notice received (appointment date: 07/18/2016)

07/18/2016 - Done with biometrics in 15-20mins.

08/03/2016 - Received text message that I-485 online status changed (RFIE received)

08/08/2016 - RFIE (yellow paper) hard copy for I-485 received

09/23/2016 - RFIE Response sent

09/27/2016 - NBC received RFIE response (I-485 online status changed)

10/10/2016 - Filed SR for EAD & AP to update status (day 112 from RD)

10/14/2016 - Online status for I-485 updated to "Interview is Scheduled" for 11/16/16.

10/17/2016 - Received Interview Notice (dated 10/12/16)

10/22/2016 - Received hard copy of response to SR stating EAD will be processed w/in 90 days of evidence receipt (dated 10/19/16).

10/25/2016 - Online status for EAD changed to "New Card is Being Produced" and AP status changed to "Case Approved"

10/31/2016 - I-797 hard copy for EAD & AP received

11/04/2016 - EAD online status changed to "Card was Mailed to Me" (text notification received)

11/08/2016 - Combo card received (text message received)

11/16/2016 - Interviewed at 8:35am and got approved on the spot. Online status updated to "New Card is Being Produced" and I-130 updated to "Case Approved."

11/22/2016 - Received NOA2 (I-797) hard copy for both I-130 and I-485.

11/23/2016 - Text message received/Status changed - "Card was mailed to me"

11/26/2016 - Green card received.

ROC

07/23/2018 - NOA for 120 Day Reminder Notice to Apply I-751 received in the mail

10/25/2018 - Sent I-751 application to Texas SC (with G-1145)

10/28/2018 - USCIS received ROC application

11/02/2018 - Receipt number received from USCIS thru text and case sent to Nebraska office.

congratulations to all the filers. May your next step is easier and better.

Anyone from Vermont service center approved here or other months filers? Any muslim approved?

My husband's bio was done back in december.

I have a question: we just moved and our residing location is different, should we call and let them know and if yes will that put us back in line? anyone who has done that, could you please tell us your experience?

Thanks

rooj

Edited by rooji

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, rooji said:

congratulations to all the filers. May your next step is easier and better.

Anyone from Vermont service center approved here or other months filers? Any muslim approved?

My husband's bio was done back in december.

I have a question: we just moved and our residing location is different, should we call and let them know and if yes will that put us back in line? anyone who has done that, could you please tell us your experience?

Thanks

rooj

What has being Muslim to do with it?? 

When you move the immigrant has 10 days to notify USCIS and sponsor also has to do it. 

He can do it online and sponsor has to sent in a form. 

So yes you have to let them know also if they sent you something so it goes to the new address. 

1 hour ago, Georgia16 said:

What has being Muslim to do with it?? 

When you move the immigrant has 10 days to notify USCIS and sponsor also has to do it. 

He can do it online and sponsor has to sent in a form. 

So yes you have to let them know also if they sent you something so it goes to the new address. 

Not sure if you noticed it or not, but lately being a Muslim in America is tougher than most immigrants. I know for a fact that it has taken longer to approve Muslims and especially those whose name resembles that of a common muslim name. that is the reason I am asking if any Muslim person has been approved recently or no. Before Trump was elected, my husband's approval to come to usa happened pretty quickly, while those who applied during his time had to wait a long time.

the thing is our current address is our temporary address and all our mail goes to our permanent address. It is the listed address for all of our bank account and everything. My parents reside on that address which is why regardless we notify USCIS or not, our mailing address will be our current address.

But I want to know is that will we be at the end of line or our case will stay that way?

I tried called USCIS to make the change, however I cannot get a hold of anyone as I wanted to get a status on the case. Not the automated status but rather an actual person to talk to.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, rooji said:

Not sure if you noticed it or not, but lately being a Muslim in America is tougher than most immigrants. I know for a fact that it has taken longer to approve Muslims and especially those whose name resembles that of a common muslim name. that is the reason I am asking if any Muslim person has been approved recently or no. Before Trump was elected, my husband's approval to come to usa happened pretty quickly, while those who applied during his time had to wait a long time.

the thing is our current address is our temporary address and all our mail goes to our permanent address. It is the listed address for all of our bank account and everything. My parents reside on that address which is why regardless we notify USCIS or not, our mailing address will be our current address.

But I want to know is that will we be at the end of line or our case will stay that way?

I tried called USCIS to make the change, however I cannot get a hold of anyone as I wanted to get a status on the case. Not the automated status but rather an actual person to talk to.

That is getting a visa yes that are longer back ground check. But we are talking ROC here there is no difference.

You still have to notify them of the address change. You can keep the old one as your mailing address that is fine.

What do you mean by extra processing time? Did you move states? It will still keep your case in the same service center as you have now. 

All it can effect (and that can be both ways) is if you get an interview and one office have longer or shorter wait times for that. 

Also remember that if you moved out of state or out of an offices district then you have to live the new place 3 months before you can apply for USC.

35 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

That is getting a visa yes that are longer back ground check. But we are talking ROC here there is no difference.

You still have to notify them of the address change. You can keep the old one as your mailing address that is fine.

What do you mean by extra processing time? Did you move states? It will still keep your case in the same service center as you have now. 

All it can effect (and that can be both ways) is if you get an interview and one office have longer or shorter wait times for that. 

Also remember that if you moved out of state or out of an offices district then you have to live the new place 3 months before you can apply for USC.

Actually I was watching a video from a lawyer and I talked to my friend and my sister in law. My sister in law went through the same process as my husband and when she did her removal, her card came quite quickly. My friend did the same and her husband's took a long time. she had to request for extension twice. the difference between the two cases was the administration. My sister in law did when Obama administration was in charge and my friend did when Trump was in charge. the video did talk about how with trump administration, cases are taking longer in general but the most affected are the ones whose background is either muslim (specific country) and South american countries (not all).

Honestly, even I know that each case is different but with Trump administration I am sure those who fall within the two categories I mentioned, are the most affected. as it is every time we entered US, my husband's name matches those who are flagged since his name is very common among the flagged. (I looked up the names myself once when I was trying to mail him something).

As for my moving, I have not moved out of state. I reside in the same state and same city, just different house. The only reason I am asking is that whenever someone makes a change and often people have mentioned here, their queue in line moves in the bottom. I don't personally believe that, in fact I am starting to think that once you inform of a change, the look into your file then otherwise it is sitting there in "forgotten" files (not necessarily forgotten but long pending). It has happened in the past to me and my family when we were going through the process after 9/11.

I am only talking about my person and people I know and their experiences.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, rooji said:

Actually I was watching a video from a lawyer and I talked to my friend and my sister in law. My sister in law went through the same process as my husband and when she did her removal, her card came quite quickly. My friend did the same and her husband's took a long time. she had to request for extension twice. the difference between the two cases was the administration. My sister in law did when Obama administration was in charge and my friend did when Trump was in charge. the video did talk about how with trump administration, cases are taking longer in general but the most affected are the ones whose background is either muslim (specific country) and South american countries (not all).

Honestly, even I know that each case is different but with Trump administration I am sure those who fall within the two categories I mentioned, are the most affected. as it is every time we entered US, my husband's name matches those who are flagged since his name is very common among the flagged. (I looked up the names myself once when I was trying to mail him something).

As for my moving, I have not moved out of state. I reside in the same state and same city, just different house. The only reason I am asking is that whenever someone makes a change and often people have mentioned here, their queue in line moves in the bottom. I don't personally believe that, in fact I am starting to think that once you inform of a change, the look into your file then otherwise it is sitting there in "forgotten" files (not necessarily forgotten but long pending). It has happened in the past to me and my family when we were going through the process after 9/11.

I am only talking about my person and people I know and their experiences.

We will definitely have to disagree with that one and leave it by that.

As to changing your address within the same city will not change anything for your case so you will be fine there.

Edited by Georgia16

16 hours ago, MorganandMichael said:

Congrats!!!

The e-notification form g1145

is just for the receipt notice noa1.

if you want to get notifications by email or text you’ll have to sign up for an account either on the new or old case status websites and choose to be notified electronically if there are any changes 

Edited by p-ana

1 minute ago, p-ana said:

The e-notification form g1145

is just for the receipt notice noa1.

if you want to get notifications by email or sms you’ll have to sign up for an account either on the new or old case status websites and choose to be notified electronically if there are any changes 

Oh, interesting. I just figured it would work like it did with the I-129f and update on both receipt and approval.

I’ll see if my husband signed up for an account or not.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.