2,200 posts in this topic

Online Case Status Update: Received Naturalization Ceremony Notice!!!! 

Will be a citizen on March 6th, 2020!!!  YAAAY!!!

Can't wait...no actually, can wait...but barely. lol

Best to everyone, and THANKS VISAJOURNEY!

Suze1

2048006196_NoticeofNaturalizationOathCeremony.thumb.jpg.f454c2e5c6e85b9cee4e678c84097ff7.jpg

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

I recently came across this information and thought it would be interesting to share here.

It is another reason to NOT wait for the approval of the I-751 before applying for the citizenship. 

Did you know that, to be protected by law against discrimination based on national origin or citizenship status, a person has to apply for naturalization within six months of the date they first become eligible?

You can read about this here: https://www.justice.gov/crt/8-usc-1324b-unfair-immigration-related-employment-practices

Here is what the law says (see full text on link above): 

"8 U.S.C. § 1324B. UNFAIR IMMIGRATION-RELATED EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES

(a) Prohibition of discrimination based on national origin or citizenship status

(1) General rule

It is an unfair immigration-related employment practice for a person or other entity to discriminate against any individual (other than an unauthorized alien, as defined in section 1324a(h)(3) of this title) with respect to the hiring, or recruitment or referral for a fee, of the individual for employment or the discharging of the individual from employment--

(A) because of such individual's national origin, or

(B) in the case of a protected individual (as defined in paragraph (3)), because of such individual's citizenship status.

(2) Exceptions

Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

(A) a person or other entity that employs three or fewer employees,

(B) a person's or entity's discrimination because of an individual's national origin if the discrimination with respect to that person or entity and that individual is covered under section 703 of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C.A. § 2000e-2], or

(C) discrimination because of citizenship status which is otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulation, or executive order, or required by Federal, State, or local government contract, or which the Attorney General determines to be essential for an employer to do business with an agency or department of the Federal, State, or local government.

(3) “Protected individual” defined

As used in paragraph (1), the term “protected individual” means an individual who--

(A) is a citizen or national of the United States, or

(B) is an alien who is lawfully admitted for permanent residence, is granted the status of an alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence under section 1160(a) or 1255a(a)(1) of this title, is admitted as a refugee under section 1157 of this title, or is granted asylum under section 1158 of this title; but does not include (i) an alien who fails to apply for naturalization within six months of the date the alien first becomes eligible (by virtue of period of lawful permanent residence) to apply for naturalization or, if later, within six months after November 6, 1986, and (ii) an alien who has applied on a timely basis, but has not been naturalized as a citizen within 2 years after the date of the application, unless the alien can establish that the alien is actively pursuing naturalization, except that time consumed in the Service's processing the application shall not be counted toward the 2-year period.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It appears Texas are a bit slow, they said my estimated wait time will be 13months. That’s serious!!! Well, am still waiting on bio appointment letter

10 hours ago, prok said:

It appears Texas are a bit slow, they said my estimated wait time will be 13months. That’s serious!!! Well, am still waiting on bio appointment letter

Wow that’s serious indeed! Waiting time for N400? The longest wait I have seen so far was 208 days. I don’t know which service center. 

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Heads up everyone, the e-filing of N-400 is super fast. I filed online, paid the sum and the fifth day I got my notice letter and at the same time my status changed to biometric has been scheduled. It’s a bit surprising because it was within five days of filing! Well, I am waiting for the biometric letter to come in as well, I hope the interview will be schedule sooner than envisioned. I need information as regards the civic questions, will uscis send me a study material to get me prepare for the interview or what? I will appreciate an elaborate of the process. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, prok said:

Heads up everyone, the e-filing of N-400 is super fast. I filed online, paid the sum and the fifth day I got my notice letter and at the same time my status changed to biometric has been scheduled. It’s a bit surprising because it was within five days of filing! Well, I am waiting for the biometric letter to come in as well, I hope the interview will be schedule sooner than envisioned. I need information as regards the civic questions, will uscis send me a study material to get me prepare for the interview or what? I will appreciate an elaborate of the process. Thanks

They ask questions from this booklet. They will hand you a free hardcopy of this booklet when you appear at the biometric appointment.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office of Citizenship/Citizenship Resource Center Site/Publications/M-1122.pdf

San Antonio doesn't take 13 months for this process. It is taking about five to six months. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
51 minutes ago, kline19 said:

They ask questions from this booklet. They will hand you a free hardcopy of this booklet when you appear at the biometric appointment.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Office of Citizenship/Citizenship Resource Center Site/Publications/M-1122.pdf

San Antonio doesn't take 13 months for this process. It is taking about five to six months. 

Any change yet on your N400?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anifowose017 said:

Any change yet on your N400?

So far it is still "Interview Scheduled" stage. Hoping that the case will see some forward movement soon.

Timeline
2 hours ago, kline19 said:

Ok thanks

So just randomly decided to check the site and surprised that they scheduled the naturalization interview yesterday. Didnt get any type of notification which is weird. I usually get atleast a text message or email but nothing this time. Anyway, just happy my case is moving forward. 

Have pending I751 filed October 2018, dont know if its going to be a combo but really hoping for it. I'm based in the chicago area

N400

Filing - Nov 1st 2019

NOA - Nov 8th 2018

Bio app - Nov 14h 2019

I751 - pending filed October 2018, last action was finger prints redone in july 2019.

I am sadly part of the forgotten LIN batch that didnt get approved like everyone else around August and October.

Hope this helps someone in the same situation.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20200219-051625_Opera.jpg

4 hours ago, Zkot4ov said:

So just randomly decided to check the site and surprised that they scheduled the naturalization interview yesterday. Didnt get any type of notification which is weird. I usually get atleast a text message or email but nothing this time. Anyway, just happy my case is moving forward. 

Have pending I751 filed October 2018, dont know if its going to be a combo but really hoping for it. I'm based in the chicago area

N400

Filing - Nov 1st 2019

NOA - Nov 8th 2018

Bio app - Nov 14h 2019

I751 - pending filed October 2018, last action was finger prints redone in july 2019.

I am sadly part of the forgotten LIN batch that didnt get approved like everyone else around August and October.

Hope this helps someone in the same situation.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20200219-051625_Opera.jpg

I hope it’s a combo! I’m another one of the forgotten LINs husband isn’t interested in citizenship so unfortunately we can’t use that to try and push things along. We are planning on sending in a letter switching over to a divorce waiver soon, hoping that may have a similar effect.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

1 hour ago, MorganandMichael said:

I hope it’s a combo! I’m another one of the forgotten LINs husband isn’t interested in citizenship so unfortunately we can’t use that to try and push things along. We are planning on sending in a letter switching over to a divorce waiver soon, hoping that may have a similar effect.

Divorce waiver..... Sorry to hear that. 

Hi. We are still waiting too. LIN#.....:-)) Its been 15 months plus some. We hope we will get some news soon. But,.......... but we have said it everyday for past 4 months now. So we don`t know when the ROC will be over.

Have a good day!

Brunno...:-))

15 minutes ago, Brunno said:

Hi. We are still waiting too. LIN#.....:-)) Its been 15 months plus some. We hope we will get some news soon. But,.......... but we have said it everyday for past 4 months now. So we don`t know when the ROC will be over.

Have a good day!

Good luck Brunno!!

Did you apply for the citizenship also or just the ROC??

I am filing my N400, have worked online for it for 3 days, and now as I signed back in all my files that I had uploaded were gone.......

Has anyone else had this problem???

N400 timeline

02/21/2020 - Filed N400

02/22/2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled

02/28/2020 - paper NOA and Biometrics letter received

03/13/2020 - Biometrics appointment

03/06/2020 - Succesfull walk in Biometrics

10/23/2020 - Received appointment letter online 

12/03/2020 - Interview appointment 

12/10/2020 - Received notice that oath ceremony will be scheduled 

01/21/2021 - Uploaded statement about objection to bear arms

01/22/2021 - Received notice that invitation to oath ceremony has been sent

01/28/2020 - Received letter in the mail with invitation to oath ceremony

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

29 minutes ago, Soley said:

Good luck Brunno!!

Did you apply for the citizenship also or just the ROC??

I am filing my N400, have worked online for it for 3 days, and now as I signed back in all my files that I had uploaded were gone.......

Has anyone else had this problem???

Thank you Soley,

No, We did not apply for N400 yet. We were so excited that LIN #s are getting the approvals so fast ( since Oct.2019 ) that we thought we will get approved also.( this feeling we have for 4 months now). Also we have a baby and we don`t want to have combo interview and drag the baby with us. But if nothing will change till March,2020. We will apply for N400. It is our goal to became the citizen. We love the US and we like to live and stay here....:-))

This system is taking a big toll on us. The journey is way too long. But we do understand that one day this all will be behind us.

Have a nice day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.