2,200 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2019 at 7:21 AM, sos & ogs said:

Happy here! We received an email from USCIS that action had been taken on our application and to login to see details. I began praying super hard. Well, our prayers were answered. When I checked our status, the websites both said that we were approved,  the permanent card was mailed, and to call if haven’t received in a month to be sent a duplicate card. The next day we received the card in the mail. The next day. 

My my husband and I are beyond thrilled about how our processes have gone so smoothly and seemingly ahead of the typical time.

Thank you Visa Journey!!

Congrats!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 9/7/2019 at 9:21 AM, shorouq123 said:

I taped it on top of a bigger envelope.

I got my RFE on Friday. Could you please share what you sent?

4 minutes ago, Hahahahaha said:

I got my RFE on Friday. Could you please share what you sent?

In our case, we do not have children, bills together, a lease, a mortgage, etc. We do not pay rent since we live with his parents. We sent a cover letter stating what we were including and then a long letter explaining why we did not have children or property in the US together (we basically explained my husband's debt and bad credit made it a bad time to try to get a loan for stuff like that and that we were using this time to save and travel a bit). This is the cover letter we sent:

09/03/2019

USCIS Citizenship and Immigration Services

Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Re: Request for Evidence (I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I, XXXX, a United States Citizen, am submitting the response of Request for Evidence for my spouse, XXXX, a citizen of Argentina and a resident of the United States. Attached you will find the response you requested.

Some of the documents requested are not included in the package and an honest explanation is attached.

On October 26, we filed Form I-751 and we included the following documents:
-A copy of our state driver’s licenses
-A copy of XXXX’s green card and our marriage license
 -Joint tax returns from 2016 and 2017
-Quarterly statements of our joint bank account
-Quarterly statements of XXXX bill, under my mother’s name (XXXX) but with both our phone numbers
-A compilation of pictures from 2012 to 2018
-Proof of joint car insurance: a copy of joint car insurance ID cards with both names
-Proof of joint health insurance: a copy of XXXX’s claim details with both names
-An affidavit written by XXXX explaining our living situation and the lack of lease, mortgage or deed
-Copies of flight tickets (Argentina, Mexico, Europe) for trips we have taken together
-Other personal evidence, such as attendance to events (concerts, weddings, etc.) together, mail correspondence, etc.

Attached to this response, we are sending the following documents:

1) Notice of Action
Proof of cohabitation:
2) Copies of our most recent state driver’s licenses          
3) A copy of XXXX’s ID from Argentina, with address in the US
4) Articles of Organization of XXXX’s company, XXXX, indicating XXXX’s address in the US

Please, note that more documents mentioned below also show that we share the same address, such as our tax transcripts, auto insurance, bank statements, credit card statements, etc.

Proof of co-mingled finances:
5) XXXX’s American Express credit card: receipt for additional card member
6) XXXX’s secured credit card statements from November 2018 until current date, showing both names and same address
7) Purchase order from XXXX issued to XXXX
8) XXXX’s invoice for services provided to XXXX
9) 2017 joint tax returns
10) 2018 joint tax returns
11) A copy of our most recent bank statement documenting our joint account, showing both names and same address
12) Proof of joint health insurance: XXXX member ID cards (retrieved on 8/22/2019) and XXXX’s latest claims, showing current use
13) Proof of joint car insurance: XXXX ID cards that expire by 01/13/2020
14) XXXX Verification of Insurance with both names and same address
15) Proof of joint utility bill: XXXX latest statement (under XXXX’s mother’s name, but with both our phone numbers)
16) 3 letters showing joint responsibility for liabilities (2017 and 2019)
17) Letter from university with information on XXXX’s student debt, and a copy of XXXX’s credit report

Proof of planning for future together:
18) Proof of purchase of property in Argentina including XXXX and XXXX’s names (notarial record in Spanish)
19) Translation of notarial record into English
20) XXXX’s retirement account with XXXX: proof of beneficiary information including XXXX’s name (retrieved on 08/22/2019)

Shared life experiences:
21) Airbnb trip summary overview for trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
22) Plane tickets from Chicago to Puerto Vallarta
23) Airbnb trip summary overview for trip to Cancun, Mexico
24) Plane tickets from Chicago to Cancun
25) XXXX’s Affidavit Letter of Support
26) 21 pictures of trips, events, family gatherings, etc. from October 2018 until present
27) Explanations of missing documents requested

Sincerely,

XXXX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

nothing yet. We were late by 2 days on the Fingerprint due to being out of the country. They did take my wife and K2 for the finger print though. Since then nothing. Nebraska is the service center. Thought this was an open and shut case given that we have 2 children together and our finances are co-mingled as well the K2's last name was changed to my family name so we are all one big happy family. November 7th will my wifes 3rd year as GC. Thinking of applying for Citizenship then. Any drawbacks if I do it now?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
23 hours ago, cynpen said:

In our case, we do not have children, bills together, a lease, a mortgage, etc. We do not pay rent since we live with his parents. We sent a cover letter stating what we were including and then a long letter explaining why we did not have children or property in the US together (we basically explained my husband's debt and bad credit made it a bad time to try to get a loan for stuff like that and that we were using this time to save and travel a bit). This is the cover letter we sent:

09/03/2019

USCIS Citizenship and Immigration Services

Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Re: Request for Evidence (I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I, XXXX, a United States Citizen, am submitting the response of Request for Evidence for my spouse, XXXX, a citizen of Argentina and a resident of the United States. Attached you will find the response you requested.

Some of the documents requested are not included in the package and an honest explanation is attached.

On October 26, we filed Form I-751 and we included the following documents:
-A copy of our state driver’s licenses
-A copy of XXXX’s green card and our marriage license
 -Joint tax returns from 2016 and 2017
-Quarterly statements of our joint bank account
-Quarterly statements of XXXX bill, under my mother’s name (XXXX) but with both our phone numbers
-A compilation of pictures from 2012 to 2018
-Proof of joint car insurance: a copy of joint car insurance ID cards with both names
-Proof of joint health insurance: a copy of XXXX’s claim details with both names
-An affidavit written by XXXX explaining our living situation and the lack of lease, mortgage or deed
-Copies of flight tickets (Argentina, Mexico, Europe) for trips we have taken together
-Other personal evidence, such as attendance to events (concerts, weddings, etc.) together, mail correspondence, etc.

Attached to this response, we are sending the following documents:

1) Notice of Action
Proof of cohabitation:
2) Copies of our most recent state driver’s licenses          
3) A copy of XXXX’s ID from Argentina, with address in the US
4) Articles of Organization of XXXX’s company, XXXX, indicating XXXX’s address in the US

Please, note that more documents mentioned below also show that we share the same address, such as our tax transcripts, auto insurance, bank statements, credit card statements, etc.

Proof of co-mingled finances:
5) XXXX’s American Express credit card: receipt for additional card member
6) XXXX’s secured credit card statements from November 2018 until current date, showing both names and same address
7) Purchase order from XXXX issued to XXXX
😎 XXXX’s invoice for services provided to XXXX
9) 2017 joint tax returns
10) 2018 joint tax returns
11) A copy of our most recent bank statement documenting our joint account, showing both names and same address
12) Proof of joint health insurance: XXXX member ID cards (retrieved on 8/22/2019) and XXXX’s latest claims, showing current use
13) Proof of joint car insurance: XXXX ID cards that expire by 01/13/2020
14) XXXX Verification of Insurance with both names and same address
15) Proof of joint utility bill: XXXX latest statement (under XXXX’s mother’s name, but with both our phone numbers)
16) 3 letters showing joint responsibility for liabilities (2017 and 2019)
17) Letter from university with information on XXXX’s student debt, and a copy of XXXX’s credit report

Proof of planning for future together:
18) Proof of purchase of property in Argentina including XXXX and XXXX’s names (notarial record in Spanish)
19) Translation of notarial record into English
20) XXXX’s retirement account with XXXX: proof of beneficiary information including XXXX’s name (retrieved on 08/22/2019)

Shared life experiences:
21) Airbnb trip summary overview for trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
22) Plane tickets from Chicago to Puerto Vallarta
23) Airbnb trip summary overview for trip to Cancun, Mexico
24) Plane tickets from Chicago to Cancun
25) XXXX’s Affidavit Letter of Support
26) 21 pictures of trips, events, family gatherings, etc. from October 2018 until present
27) Explanations of missing documents requested

Sincerely,

XXXX

Thank you so much for sharing this!This is so helpful!  We are pretty much in the same boat here. We do't have any children, mortgage or car payment, because we are both in school, which makes it difficult to buy a house or have children.

2 hours ago, Hahahahaha said:

Thank you so much for sharing this!This is so helpful!  We are pretty much in the same boat here. We do't have any children, mortgage or car payment, because we are both in school, which makes it difficult to buy a house or have children.

Good luck! I got my green card approved just a couple days ago. I am sure you will be fine! Just send proof that you're both in school and explain the situation, they will understand. 

Hi! We created a  WAC timeline document and it includes a 2018 tab. I know you have a timeline going on in the October 2018 filers comments but if you share in the document, it would also make it more visible to filers from other months. Thanks! And wishing a speedier approval. 

@myao @CanToCal @Karla230515 @cablewyres @MorganandMichael @lucky91 @Letsdothisquick @kie08 @BRgirlUS @banter @Malauriea @noz

ROC I-751 Husband GC CR6 EXP 08/19
5/23/19 Mailed to AZ Lockbox (I-751, G-1145, Check, Supporting Evidence) USPS Priority

5/31/19 Received text of receipt with WAC case number

6/4/19 Received NOA in Mail (18 month GC extension)

12/9/19 Received biometrics appts (12/18)

12/29/19 Rescheduled biometrics appt (New date 1/28)

3/11/20 Online Update-New Card being produced

3/16/20 Case approved NOA dated 3/11 (card can take up to 60 days)

3/16/20 Online- Card was mailed

3/19/20 Received Card

WAC Filers Timeline Document

Spoiler AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131 Husband

Filed Concurrently I-130 (F1-Husband), AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131

11/18/2016 – mailed the application. ; 11/20/2016 – delivered application to Chicago.

Day 1 11/21/2016 - PD (Priority Date) date of I-130 ; Day 17 12/7/2016 – checks cashed.

Day 18-19 12/8-9/2016 – text/email notification that your application has been received.

Day 24 12/14/2016 NOA received I-797C for I-485, I-131, I-765 and I-797C for I-130 mail notification.

Day 29 12/19/2016– received biometrics appointment notification. Mark your calendar to attend.

Day 40 12/30/2016 – do the biometrics appointment. Scheduled Day 47 1/3/2017 but completed Day 43.

Day 61 1/20/2017 Online status change-We are ready to schedule your I-485 form for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice.

Day 93 2/21/2017 Online status change-Approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. We will mail your approval notice.//Approved your Form I-131 (Advance Parole), Application For USCIS Travel Document. We will mail your approval notice.

Day 95 2/23/2017 Online status change- We mailed your new card for (I-765), to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by March 25, 2017 please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you.

Day 96 2/24/2017 Received Approval letters in the mail for I-765 and I-131.Day 99 2/27/2017 Received EADw/AP in mail.

Day 232  7/10/17 – interview appointment notification: Appt scheduled 7/7 for 8/9. ; Day 262  – the interview (Northern Virginia)

Day 270  New Card Being Produced ; Day 275  Card Mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, lala52 said:

Hi! We created a  WAC timeline document and it includes a 2018 tab. I know you have a timeline going on in the October 2018 filers comments but if you share in the document, it would also make it more visible to filers from other months. Thanks! And wishing a speedier approval. 

@myao @CanToCal @Karla230515 @cablewyres @MorganandMichael @lucky91 @Letsdothisquick @kie08 @BRgirlUS @banter @Malauriea @noz

Thanks! I've updated my info as best I could without digging into my files. GC expired last December 2018. Got the 18 month extension. Traveled on it internationally with no issue. I'll be able to file my N400 before my 10 year GC even exists in my hands! How crazy. Best to everyone still on the journey!

5 hours ago, lala52 said:

Done. 

I added the column "Transferred to a different service center?" to the 2018 tab. It is very important to take this information into consideration. Many CSC cases are processed faster because they are transferred to Nebraska Service Center. A week ago I investigated why some CSC October 2018 filers were approved while most of us weren't, searching through the VisaJourney timelines, and I found out that all those cases were transferred to Nebraska. The latest not transferred cases from CSC recorded here on VisaJourney that were approved are from July 2018 (check their profiles here, here and here), which gives us a processing time of around 13 months.

1 hour ago, CanToCal said:

Thanks! I've updated my info as best I could without digging into my files. GC expired last December 2018. Got the 18 month extension. Traveled on it internationally with no issue. I'll be able to file my N400 before my 10 year GC even exists in my hands! How crazy. Best to everyone still on the journey!

Thanks for adding your info. Any info is better than none :-)  Crazy that the N400 process will overlap. 

6 minutes ago, BRgirlUS said:

Done. 

I added the column "Transferred to a different service center?" to the 2018 tab. It is very important to take this information into consideration. Many CSC cases are processed faster because they are transferred to Nebraska Service Center. A week ago I investigated why some CSC October 2018 filers were approved while most of us weren't, searching through the VisaJourney timelines, and I found out that all those cases were transferred to Nebraska. The latest not transferred cases from CSC recorded here on VisaJourney that were approved are from July 2018 (check their profiles here, here and here), which gives us a processing time of around 13 months.

Ah, thanks for adding that! I had added it to the 2019 tab and forgot to got back to the 2018 tab. I saw that pattern when I was looking at the August 2018 filers, too. Will check out July. Best.

ROC I-751 Husband GC CR6 EXP 08/19
5/23/19 Mailed to AZ Lockbox (I-751, G-1145, Check, Supporting Evidence) USPS Priority

5/31/19 Received text of receipt with WAC case number

6/4/19 Received NOA in Mail (18 month GC extension)

12/9/19 Received biometrics appts (12/18)

12/29/19 Rescheduled biometrics appt (New date 1/28)

3/11/20 Online Update-New Card being produced

3/16/20 Case approved NOA dated 3/11 (card can take up to 60 days)

3/16/20 Online- Card was mailed

3/19/20 Received Card

WAC Filers Timeline Document

Spoiler AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131 Husband

Filed Concurrently I-130 (F1-Husband), AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131

11/18/2016 – mailed the application. ; 11/20/2016 – delivered application to Chicago.

Day 1 11/21/2016 - PD (Priority Date) date of I-130 ; Day 17 12/7/2016 – checks cashed.

Day 18-19 12/8-9/2016 – text/email notification that your application has been received.

Day 24 12/14/2016 NOA received I-797C for I-485, I-131, I-765 and I-797C for I-130 mail notification.

Day 29 12/19/2016– received biometrics appointment notification. Mark your calendar to attend.

Day 40 12/30/2016 – do the biometrics appointment. Scheduled Day 47 1/3/2017 but completed Day 43.

Day 61 1/20/2017 Online status change-We are ready to schedule your I-485 form for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice.

Day 93 2/21/2017 Online status change-Approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. We will mail your approval notice.//Approved your Form I-131 (Advance Parole), Application For USCIS Travel Document. We will mail your approval notice.

Day 95 2/23/2017 Online status change- We mailed your new card for (I-765), to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by March 25, 2017 please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you.

Day 96 2/24/2017 Received Approval letters in the mail for I-765 and I-131.Day 99 2/27/2017 Received EADw/AP in mail.

Day 232  7/10/17 – interview appointment notification: Appt scheduled 7/7 for 8/9. ; Day 262  – the interview (Northern Virginia)

Day 270  New Card Being Produced ; Day 275  Card Mailed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

3rd Quarter (April 1, 2019 - June 30, 2019) report is available here:

Basically in the last three months there were:

I-751 forms Received: 46,297

I-751 forms Approved: 50,529

I-751 forms Denied: 1,920

I-751 forms Adjudicated: 52,449 (approved+denied)

There are still 237,899 pending applications as of June 30, 2019

Edited by alexpop13

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Finally go the approval as well. Praise God.

Woke up this morning with text and email that my case was updated to New Card Is Being Produced.

Both websites have been updated. 

NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED NEW WEBSITE.JPG

N-400/Naturalization application

Spoiler

·         10/30/2019 - Filed N-400 Online - Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed

·         10/31/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 available online

·         11/02/2019 - Status Changed to Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled

·         11/04/2019 - NOA 1 dated October 30 in the mail

·         11/04/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 available online

·         11/08/2019 - Biometrics Appointment notice dated November 1 in the mail

·         11/21/2019 - Biometrics Appointment

·         11/21/2019 - Status Changed to Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

·         12/30/2019 - Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled

·         12/31/2019 - Interview notice dated December 30 available online

·         01/06/2020 - Interview notice dated December 30 in the mail

·         02/06/2020 - Interview at local USCIS Office - APPROVED

·         02/06/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

·         02/12/2020 - Status Changed to Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

·         02/13/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 available online

·         02/18/2020 - Naturalization notice dated February 12 in the mail

·         03/11/2020 - Naturalization Ceremony - US CITIZEN!

·         03/11/2020 - Status Changed to Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued

US Passport application

·         03/11/2020 - Applied for US Passport at local USPS with expedite service

·         03/16/2020 - Received email that Application is In Process

·         03/17/2020 - Check was cashed

·         03/23/2020 - Received email that Application is Approved

·         03/26/2020 - Received the Passport Book in the mail

·         03/27/2020 - Received the Certificate of Naturalization in the mail

Hi,

I`ve been checking the cases around ours and slowly they are getting approved and cards are being delivered. Our case so far: nothing / crickets. After BIO done early in July. But it`ll come and we soon will have all of this behind us.

Guys: Happy Friday!...:-)))

Brunno

20 hours ago, alexpop13 said:

3rd Quarter (April 1, 2019 - June 30, 2019) report is available here:

Basically in the last three months there were:

I-751 forms Received: 46,297

I-751 forms Approved: 50,529

I-751 forms Denied: 1,920

I-751 forms Adjudicated: 52,449 (approved+denied)

There are still 237,899 pending applications as of June 30, 2019

Yes, I ve been watching this as well. Can you imagine to have roughly 240,000 cases pending? And each case has more than 100 pages? Plus more are coming EVERYDAY! ...not talking about other petitions. This is only I-571....:-))

At least it is a good thing that they are approving more cases now than a year ago.

Have a good day.

Brunno

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.