hashtagme

Expedite naturalization b/c military spouse overseas - questions

136 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2018 at 4:31 PM, Lenchick said:

Yes, I chose Fairfax following the recommendations from the old posts here. They really specialize very well on 319b cases and have oath ceremonies the same day.  They also personally contact to ask to choose the interview date. It was really convenient!

I chose fairfax too. We just saw yesterday that USCIS charged our credit card so I’m hoping that’s a good sign :) 

all paperwork goes to APO here so it takes a little longer to receive it, so I don’t have a case number or anything yet to follow up.

Crossing my fingers that everything gets approved.

So I got the confirmation letter today and when I pull up the case online, it says they sent me a letter for my biometrics appointment.

But i already included photographs and fingerprints which were taken on a military base in Germany, where I live and I included everything in the package I sent.. I have not gotten the letter yet but I’m wondering why they want me to do them again and where that appointment would be since im outside of the US.. *confusing*

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/26/2018 at 2:13 PM, hashtagme said:

So I got the confirmation letter today and when I pull up the case online, it says they sent me a letter for my biometrics appointment.

But i already included photographs and fingerprints which were taken on a military base in Germany, where I live and I included everything in the package I sent.. I have not gotten the letter yet but I’m wondering why they want me to do them again and where that appointment would be since im outside of the US.. *confusing*

Hi! How is your case? I only got a message, that my fingerprints were done, and no actions were needed. Same as you, it was taken at the base in Germany, sealed in envelope. I’ll tell you more, first time uscis returned my package, I missed one page in application, and fingerprints envelope was open , I didn’t do fingerprints one more time, just sent it as it was. And they were fine with that. So maybe you had to write them a message that you had already sent them everything. 

And last week I got notification that my interview was scheduled. So everything is quite fast, even as I chose Seattle.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aqualika said:

Hi! How is your case? I only got a message, that my fingerprints were done, and no actions were needed. Same as you, it was taken at the base in Germany, sealed in envelope. I’ll tell you more, first time uscis returned my package, I missed one page in application, and fingerprints envelope was open , I didn’t do fingerprints one more time, just sent it as it was. And they were fine with that. So maybe you had to write them a message that you had already sent them everything. 

And last week I got notification that my interview was scheduled. So everything is quite fast, even as I chose Seattle.

We are planning to apply this year via Germany as well. Quick question, though... I assumed that all mailed applications are being processed through Chicago? Why do you both have Albuquerque and Seattle? We lived in San Diego before - does that mean San Diego is our point of contact? Or is it a random decision taken by Chicago based on how much work each field office has currently on their desk? San Diego is notoriously busy being right at the border to Mexico.

And hashtag me - thank you for giving us updates. It helps a lot!

4 hours ago, Aqualika said:

Hello all

so i resent fingerprints, digitally done this time. They said they didn’t receive the first ones at the facility that is responsible for my case now. Which is in Missouri. Now I saw online that they rescheduled me for a bio interview (which basically means -when filing overseas- that something else was missing). We assume it’s the pictures that were with the first fingerprints. I guess they didn’t make it to Missouri either. I’ll have to wait for the letter to come to see what it really is. So far the case is moving quickly, its just unfortunate that not everything made it to where it needs to be. But we’re hoping the rest goes quickly too.

8 minutes ago, R&OC said:

We are planning to apply this year via Germany as well. Quick question, though... I assumed that all mailed applications are being processed through Chicago? Why do you both have Albuquerque and Seattle? We lived in San Diego before - does that mean San Diego is our point of contact? Or is it a random decision taken by Chicago based on how much work each field office has currently on their desk? San Diego is notoriously busy being right at the border to Mexico.

Hey ;) 

we were also  told that all N-400 go to Chicago- that’s where I sent mine too. They then sent it off to other locations who take on the case. I hope they’ll send it off to Fairfax in the end, which is where I want to have the interview and oath, because they’re doing it all in one day. Let’s cross fingers!

i hope it all goes well for everyone reading :)

ill update as soon as I have news 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
42 minutes ago, hashtagme said:

Hello all

so i resent fingerprints, digitally done this time. They said they didn’t receive the first ones at the facility that is responsible for my case now. Which is in Missouri. Now I saw online that they rescheduled me for a bio interview (which basically means -when filing overseas- that something else was missing). We assume it’s the pictures that were with the first fingerprints. I guess they didn’t make it to Missouri either. I’ll have to wait for the letter to come to see what it really is. So far the case is moving quickly, its just unfortunate that not everything made it to where it needs to be. But we’re hoping the rest goes quickly too.

Wish everything goes smooth! Finger crossed)))

50 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Fairfax office is familiar with such cases the most, and I know they can call you to schedule the interview date, and you can choose, they make same day ceremonies also. I chose Seattle, because I lived there and I’d rather stay with friends. You just have to put it in your application, I think its on the first page somewhere, and also I wrote cover letter, where I asked for Seattle location. Seattle is also busy, average processing time is 18 month now, and its still showes estimation of my case is Dec 2019, but they already called me for the interview, which I’m aslo suprised with. 

And, yeah, everything related with military you send to Chicago first. 

14 hours ago, hashtagme said:

Hey ;)

we were also  told that all N-400 go to Chicago- that’s where I sent mine too. They then sent it off to other locations who take on the case. I hope they’ll send it off to Fairfax in the end, which is where I want to have the interview and oath, because they’re doing it all in one day. Let’s cross fingers!

i hope it all goes well for everyone reading :)

ill update as soon as I have news 

First the application goes to a service center and then they send it to the location where you specified  you wanted to have an interview in your application. Why did you say you 'hope'? 

Edited by Lenchick

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, hashtagme said:

you have your online account right? You can write there and ask. My fingerprints didn't get through. I didn't have them redone. They just ask me to bring a police certificate for the interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So, if I can choose the service center, which one would you advise on? You mentioned Fairfax but what about Washington DC? Or any other that is advisable? I would be very happy not to choose San Diego as they are notoriously backlogged.

18 minutes ago, R&OC said:

So, if I can choose the service center, which one would you advise on? You mentioned Fairfax but what about Washington DC? Or any other that is advisable? I would be very happy not to choose San Diego as they are notoriously backlogged.

On the application you choose Washington DC - Washington field office and this is exactly where it's located in Fairfax 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, Lenchick said:

you have your online account right? You can write there and ask. My fingerprints didn't get through. I didn't have them redone. They just ask me to bring a police certificate for the interview. 

Where do I write them? I am registered online and can see my case status but can't find anything on how to contact them regarding my case. This is what happened now - for the second time they said I didn't send in any fingerprints. I did it twice now! I sent them with the original notice letter to the provided address. Why do they keep saying I didn't send them in? this is my final notice and I no idea how to contact them other than over phone but I've been on hold there now for 20 min already. I want to know what I'm doing wrong 😕 I am overseas therefore I am not going to an Biometrics interview, im supposed to send it all in, which I did. Im so confused..

13 hours ago, hashtagme said:

Where do I write them? I am registered online and can see my case status but can't find anything on how to contact them regarding my case. This is what happened now - for the second time they said I didn't send in any fingerprints. I did it twice now! I sent them with the original notice letter to the provided address. Why do they keep saying I didn't send them in? this is my final notice and I no idea how to contact them other than over phone but I've been on hold there now for 20 min already. I want to know what I'm doing wrong 😕 I am overseas therefore I am not going to an Biometrics interview, im supposed to send it all in, which I did. Im so confused..

Did you specify that you applied under 319b on the envelope and then on the application?

14 hours ago, hashtagme said:

it is not just a case status. You should receive a second letter after filing your application, where there would be a code and the instruction how to create an account. When you log into your account, you can see your documents that you sent and your scanned fingerprints should be also there. if you didn't specify on your application that you filed under 319b. Then they expect you to be for biometrics in the states. I hope you did specify.

So if you did create an account and log into it, then you should see "my account'' at the top right corner, you hover over it and see the dialogue window with inbox. See the screenshot attached.

uscis account inbox.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.