Kyle&Ana

OCTOBER 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,551 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, sheksahim said:

Most of october filers got their RFE already. so I dont see any more October filers getting RFE

You never know. If the USCIS never opened someone's case from October it is hard to predict if they will get rfe or not. August k1 fillers from  most people who remain at the end about half of them received rfe. I think you can get rfe at any time because different officers reviews different cases. Some are slower some are faster. If one's case remain at the end they still can get rfe. I remember in one case from December 2017 a person end up sueing USCIS just for a decision. She got RFE and she waited another 30 days for a response. 

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

You never know. If the USCIS never opened someone's case from October it is hard to predict if they will get rfe or not. August k1 fillers from  most people who remain at the end about half of them received rfe. I think you can get rfe at any time because different officers reviews different cases. Some are slower some are faster. If one's case remain at the end they still can get rfe. I remember in one case from December 2017 a person end up sueing USCIS just for a decision. She got RFE and she waited another 30 days for a response. 

if thats the case, i'm happy I got my RFE already lol

3 hours ago, sheksahim said:

Guys its better than receiving RFE lol it suscks

No quite the contrary a RFE is not always a bad thing as most can be answered with little effort from  the petitioner, a RFE at least let's you know your case has or is being looked at with 100% certainty. I would have given my right arm for one during my 299 day wait. Most  RFEs solve within 2 to 3 weeks then you are approved provided you followed instructions.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I'm still checking in here and cheering for you guys! When I first joined the October thread I thought I'll be seeing all of you going to NVC thread before November case's even get looked at but uscis is working in mysterious ways... April is your month tho! I wanna see some raining approvals! 🤞🤞🤞

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
13 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

Nothing over here yet :(

Day 172 tomorrow 

April is your month 🙂 I hope the first day of April brings you a great news which you are waiting for so long 🙏my best wishes are always with you 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 8:51 AM, Greenbaum said:

I'm wondering why you say that it will 2-3 months after approval? Once you have an approval and your case number you are then in the drivers seat to complete your interview. I'd add more tips for you but you haven't completed your profile. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Hi, if I understood correctly, once we receive our case number, it's on us to schedule the interview? I thought so too that the interview and receiving the visa is about 2-3 months after NOA2.  I guess it depends on the availability of the embassy? Also, sorry if it's posted somewhere, is there a checklist that we can go by to prepare now while waiting for NOA2 in order to minimize the time to having the visa in hand!

1 minute ago, KPMB said:

Hi, if I understood correctly, once we receive our case number, it's on us to schedule the interview? Depends on the embassy and their rules. See the last link to determine the steps that you should be taking for the embassy in France.

I thought so too that the interview and receiving the visa is about 2-3 months after NOA2.  I guess it depends on the availability of the embassy? Yes. Some you can get in the next week others are 4 months out for booking an interview.

Also, sorry if it's posted somewhere, is there a checklist that we can go by to prepare now while waiting for NOA2 in order to minimize the time to having the visa in hand! See below for what you will need for the interview.

https://fr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/PRS-Paris.pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g3Kap3mdru6wVgE95v0aLDs7kCvUk3BP/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Thank you!!!

Do you have an interview preparation instruction for Germany? Sorry, should've updated the country earlier. 

I've got the embassy checklist (https://de.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/) but perhaps it's not as comprehensive.

7 minutes ago, KPMB said:

Thank you!!!

Do you have an interview preparation instruction for Germany? Sorry, should've updated the country earlier. 

I've got the embassy checklist (https://de.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/) but perhaps it's not as comprehensive.

Only because you live in Raleigh (pssst where I live) :D

Information to prepare for the interview
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/de/index.html?firstTime=No
Information from the embassy website
https://de.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/
P3 letter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WeDdaex3ExDndFVHrQxdXWSMrrsuvIK5/view?usp=sharing and https://de.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/Instructions-for-IV-and-K-Visa-Applicants-1.pdf
Additional information
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wop8bIKTDfrixAjYxHktS9bkfEeRi1oh/view?usp=sharing

NOTE: The I-134 requires a "wet" signature.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Quick question I am a lil confused  🤔 do they k1 visas submit any documents to the NVC?  Or just wait till NVC received cases and assign a case number, pay the fee  and then when it says case is ready on their website,  we go ahead and schedule interview?

3 minutes ago, Samfar 92 said:

Quick question I am a lil confused  🤔 do they k1 visas submit any documents to the NVC?  Or just wait till NVC received cases and assign a case number, pay the fee  and then when it says case is ready on their website,  we go ahead and schedule interview?

Nothing ever gets submitted to the NVC. NVC's role in all this is to only assign the case number to your file. Follow the information and links I just gave above your post for additional instructions and what to do.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Nothing ever gets submitted to the NVC. NVC's role in all this is to only assign the case number to your file. Follow the information and links I just gave above your post for additional instructions and what to do.

Ok Thank you 🙂

I make a inquiry about case outside of normal process they responding saying  my case is currently being adjudicated but who’s knows how long this will take I’m on 188 days now since my Noa1 😪😪

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.