saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

593 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
26 minutes ago, saladboye said:

Of course not him personally

His office I mean. Whoever is in charge of constituents services.

That’s wat i thought, Cruz can’t be cruising that way for sure..

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So somebody called me from a private number, looks like making a lot of noise worked,

Unfortunately I'm not sure who exactly called as I was in a loud restaurant with poor network.

What I did hear is they requested the case from CSC and they will call me back after the 4th of July.

51 minutes ago, saladboye said:

So somebody called me from a private number, looks like making a lot of noise worked,

Unfortunately I'm not sure who exactly called as I was in a loud restaurant with poor network.

What I did hear is they requested the case from CSC and they will call me back after the 4th of July.

What do you think that means? Are they going to transfer your file to another office ? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, evenyc said:

What do you think that means? Are they going to transfer your file to another office ? 

I wish I could say. the network was bad. All I heard was she requested my file from the CSC office and they should have it by 4th July.

I made some noise by faxing CSC (Thanks to @bishnup providing the number), asking help from my senators (got same response takes 5 months) and congressman (They are worked in first in first out basis from the date of upgrade, but do not have a time frame) and also Ombudsman (But Ombudsman seem to be working on cases from Oct 2018 so I doubt it is them.)

I'll report back if I have an update.

3 hours ago, saladboye said:

I wish I could say. the network was bad. All I heard was she requested my file from the CSC office and they should have it by 4th July.

I made some noise by faxing CSC (Thanks to @bishnup providing the number), asking help from my senators (got same response takes 5 months) and congressman (They are worked in first in first out basis from the date of upgrade, but do not have a time frame) and also Ombudsman (But Ombudsman seem to be working on cases from Oct 2018 so I doubt it is them.)

I'll report back if I have an update.

wow strange and no one in this group has got any update for last 3 months after upgrading

On 6/18/2019 at 2:38 AM, J()hn said:

I don’t have approval yet. My PD is August 07, 2017 and upgrade in March 27, 2019. We just have to wait. 

My brother PD was May 2016. He upgraded his i130 May 2019. Got his approval yesterday. 

Mine was about 1 yr later of PD. Still waiting 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

-PD September 2018

-Naturalized November 2018

-Sent upgrade letter to CSC and Phoenix Lockbox (not recommended) on November 2018

-Didnt get a reply from them. 

-Called early January, apparently they did not receive the upgrade request. Rep put in upgrade request for me via phone. (Fastest and most effective method)

-January 21 - Upgrade Approved. Received email saying notice of action could now take 5 months from upgrade date.

-March 26 - i130 Petition Approved

-May 10 - NVC Case creation

-May 16 - CC

-June 17 - IL

*-July 23 - Interview 🤞

17 hours ago, stech786 said:

My brother PD was May 2016. He upgraded his i130 May 2019. Got his approval yesterday. 

Mine was about 1 yr later of PD. Still waiting 

Correction. His PD was May 2017

it make sense he was in Line for 2 yrs. 

@alpha97 it’s seem two months wait for you. From Jan to Mar. interesting. Mine should come one soon now

Glad ppl are sharing their PD. That’s the factor here. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
1 hour ago, stech786 said:

@alpha97 it’s seem two months wait for you. From Jan to Mar. interesting. Mine should come one soon now

Yeah just be patient guys. Some cases are faster than others and most are typically completed within 5 months unless more evidence is required. 

10 hours ago, stech786 said:

Maybe i will get the 2nd notice after 3 months

On 05/29/2019, I became a US citizen, and than I called to upgrade my case from F2A to CR1. After 2 weeks later, USCIS sent me the email below. The problem is I haven't given them any "certificate citizen" and "I797" yet, but this email said that USCIS already updated my case and my petition has moved to a new visa category. Can you guys help me, please. Thank you so much!

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

On 05/29/2019, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I130, Petition for Alien Relative, to notify us that you have naturalized and are requesting an upgrade in the status of your petition. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

What Our Records Show
We have updated your relative petition to reflect that you are now a U.S. citizen. As a result, your petition has moved to a new visa category for an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. This category does not have numerical restrictions, and a visa is immediately available from the U.S. Department of State. 

Your case will be placed in line for processing and you should receive a notice of action* within five months.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Edited by bnbui

1 hour ago, bnbui said:

On 05/29/2019, I became a US citizen, and than I called to upgrade my case from F2A to CR1. After 2 weeks later, USCIS sent me the email below. The problem is I haven't given them any "certificate citizen" and "I797" yet, but this email said that USCIS already updated my case and my petition has moved to a new visa category. Can you guys help me, please. Thank you so much!

On 05/29/2019, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I130, Petition for Alien Relative, to notify us that you have naturalized and are requesting an upgrade in the status of your petition. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

What Our Records Show
We have updated your relative petition to reflect that you are now a U.S. citizen. As a result, your petition has moved to a new visa category for an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. This category does not have numerical restrictions, and a visa is immediately available from the U.S. Department of State. 

Your case will be placed in line for processing and you should receive a notice of action* within five months.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

They can probably look you up on their naturalization database based on your A number. 

10 hours ago, bnbui said:

What Our Records Show

You called them thats pretty much the info they need. They can look you up by DOB and SSN to verify your claim. No need to send proof anymore. I did the same. Just a phone call made that upgrade.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/29/2019 at 11:48 PM, Asquare88 said:

Hello all 

Following is my spouse timeline and waiting for i130 approval..

•  F2A PD - 20/02/2018
  • Service Center - California
  • Naturalization date - 15/03/2019
  • Upgrade Date - 22/03/2019
  • Upgrade Processed - 02/05/2019

Why is your so quick? I've been waiting more than a month. I had my oath taking on April 29. I contacted my lawyer to upgrade my petition and called USCIS few weeks later. They said to wait until the end of the month. Im so frustrated. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, BerhaeLee said:

They said to wait until the end of the month. Im so frustrated

Who is they ? Lawyer or USCIS?

You can do it yourself over phone or chat. Barely takes 7 days to process upgrade. Mine took like 3 days when I did it via online chat.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.