saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

593 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I want to see some reports and timeline stats for petition upgrade from Spouse of an LPR to Spouse of a Citizen as I'm going to be doing that next month as I become citizen.

To anyone who filed a petition as LPR, then became citizens and upgraded petition, may you please share your stats:

F2A PD |Service Center|Naturalization Date|Upgrade Date|Upgrade Processed|NVC or USCIS|ApprovalDate|NVC Interview

Notes:

• F2A PD - Your PD at the time of filing as F2A
  • Service Center - Where the form is being processed
  • Naturalization date - Date/month you became citizen
  • Upgrade Date - Date you sent in your copy of N-600 and NOA1 for I-130
  • Upgrade Processed - Date you got notice from USCIS that the upgrade was processed
  • NVC or USCIS - 
    • if 130 was approved you sent the upgrade notification to NVC
    • if 130 was pending you send the upgrade notification to USCIS
  • ApprovalDate - Date of 1-130 Approval
  • NVC Interview - Interview date for your beneficiart

Timeline

Adding @Airman from another thread I found over here.

F2A PD    |Service Center|Naturalization Date|Upgrade Date|Upgrade Processed|NVC or USCIS|ApprovalDate|NVC Interview
10/27/2017|California    |04/18/2018         |--/--/----  |04/25/2018       | USCIS      | 09/18/2018 | --/--/---

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Lyes said:

@Airman any update?

Hi @Lyes, my upgrade update is posted just above your post by saladboye. As far as current update: I-130 was approved by USCIS on Sep 17, received by NVC on Oct 30 and currently waiting for case number to be created.

cheers !!

Edited by Airman

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Airman said:

Hi @Lyes, my upgrade update is posted just above your post by saladboye. As far as current update: I-130 was approved by USCIS on Sep 17, received by NVC on Oct 30 and currently waiting for case number to be created.

cheers !!

Thank you @Airman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I can add my timeline:

PD: JAN 12, 2018

SERVICE CENTER: CALIFORNIA

NATURALIZATION: JUL 12, 2018

UPGRADE REQUEST SENT: JUL 13, 2018

APPROVAL: AUG 28, 2018

RECEIVED BY NVC: OCT 24, 2018

CASE #: NOV 27, 2018

Edited by dreameryiji

Timeline
On 12/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, Ginwill said:

hi, my question is how to upgrade i-130 petition after you become a US citizen?

my petition is still pending at USCIS. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html

Look for section:

When I filed a petition for my relative I was a Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder). I recently became a U.S. citizen. How does this affect my family members?

Timeline
On 11/30/2018 at 12:39 AM, Airman said:

cheers !!

You got a case number or something yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/1/2018 at 12:26 PM, dreameryiji said:

I can add my timeline:

PD: JAN 12, 2018

SERVICE CENTER: CALIFORNIA

NATURALIZATION: JUL 12, 2018

UPGRADE REQUEST SENT: JUL 13, 2018

APPROVAL: AUG 28, 2018

RECEIVED BY NVC: OCT 24, 2018

CASE #: NOV 27, 2018

hi did you get email or mail when your upgrade was completed?

• 1 month later...
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Kun199 said:

I upgraded my case on 2/1 and it was upgraded on 2/7/19 and today i got a email saying my case was approved on 2/21/19

Nice this is good news, 

makes me feel a little better about my delayed oath extended my wife's timeline

15 hours ago, Kun199 said:

I upgraded my case on 2/1 and it was upgraded on 2/7/19 and today i got a email saying my case was approved on 2/21/19

Wow. This is great news! Congratulations to you! 

So I assume you sent i130 in F2A category to CSC back in April 2019, and it's been pending since then. In my case, our i130 was sent in Nov 2017 and still pending with CSC. Upgrade request sent on 2/13/2019. We haven't heard back on it yet :(

10 hours ago, Ammy said:

Wow. This is great news! Congratulations to you! 

So I assume you sent i130 in F2A category to CSC back in April 2019, and it's been pending since then. In my case, our i130 was sent in Nov 2017 and still pending with CSC. Upgrade request sent on 2/13/2019. We haven't heard back on it yet :(

Thank you .yes i sent it on green card on april 2018.so u should get a mail saying you case was upgraded and after that they should approve it like mine .Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.