saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

593 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Airman said:

Yes sir, interview was on Feb 4. My Spouse arrived here on 23rd Feb.

Damn

So to summarize,

I-130 PD: 10/27/2017

Naturalization: 04/18/2018

Upgrade Request Processed: 04/25/2018

I-130 Approved: 09/17/2018

NVC Date: ??/??/??

Embassy Interview: 02/04/2019

Spouse US Touchdown: 02/23/2019

Thats good, but too long between approval and interview date for me. unless you took a while to schedule the interview. Any more insights if you can share , we all over here will appreciate it.

3 hours ago, saladboye said:

Thats good, but too long between approval and interview date for me. unless you took a while to schedule the interview. Any more insights if you can share , we all over here will appreciate it.

You have to realize it takes a good bit of time to transfer the paperwork and schedule interviews. NVC is overworked with tens if not hundreds of thousands of petitions, and Mumbai, I reckon, must have among the highest immigrant visa interview volume on the planet. For about a year or so now, Mumbai is the sole US Post adjudicating IVs for Indian residents. The sheer workload volume is a factor in the lag between approvals and interview. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
7 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

You have to realize it takes a good bit of time to transfer the paperwork and schedule interviews. NVC is overworked with tens if not hundreds of thousands of petitions, and Mumbai, I reckon, must have among the highest immigrant visa interview volume on the planet. For about a year or so now, Mumbai is the sole US Post adjudicating IVs for Indian residents. The sheer workload volume is a factor in the lag between approvals and interview. 

Didn't know that.

Either way, I just got notified that my oath is scheduled. So making sure everything is ready to go as soon as I-130 approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

NVC date was Oct 30 2018. Took 6 weeks from USCIC approval date to NVC receipt. 

No, i didn't reschedule interview, it was regular process. When my case was upgraded from F2A to IR1 > it took exact 5 months for 130 to be approved. I was hoping it would take less to be approved 130 once case was under Ir1. 

It was quite a long journey but finally she is here and life is good. 

I wish you all the best buddy.

1 hour ago, Airman said:

NVC date was Oct 30 2018. Took 6 weeks from USCIC approval date to NVC receipt. 

No, i didn't reschedule interview, it was regular process. When my case was upgraded from F2A to IR1 > it took exact 5 months for 130 to be approved. I was hoping it would take less to be approved 130 once case was under Ir1. 

It was quite a long journey but finally she is here and life is good. 

I wish you all the best buddy.

it doesn't make sense that some ppl get it approved so quick once you upgrade and in some cases it still takes around 5 months for i130 .

However, you are lucky, everything worked out for you. I am happy for you!!

I wish you all the best for coming future as well !!!

Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for i130 F2A soon. My estimated naturalization date is 02/2020. Does the F2A -> IR1 upgrade change the service center at all? Is it always maximum 5 months after upgrading that the i130 gets approved? I noticed people already had their i130's pending for for 7-8 months before they upgraded and got i130 within 5 months.. was just wondering how the timeline works. regardless, i130 under 1 year with CSC possible if i130 PD is 06/2019 and upgrade request is 02/2020?

Edited by txdoc

Timeline
11 hours ago, txdoc said:

Hi Guys,

I am about to apply for i130 F2A soon. My estimated naturalization date is 02/2020. Does the F2A -> IR1 upgrade change the service center at all? Is it always maximum 5 months after upgrading that the i130 gets approved? I noticed people already had their i130's pending for for 7-8 months before they upgraded and got i130 within 5 months.. was just wondering how the timeline works. regardless, i130 under 1 year with CSC possible if i130 PD is 06/2019 and upgrade request is 02/2020?

Thing is your PD stays current. Meaning after upgrade your PD is still the original.  BUT USCIS doesn't provide guidelines or timelines in such situation and you are at their mercy.

Timeline

Okay tracking progress is getting difficult/cumbersome.

Please provide the following so I can update the table frequently and post here:

For easy Copy Pasta:

• F2A PD - 
  • Service Center - 
  • Naturalization Date - 
  • Upgrade Request - 
  • Upgrade Processed - 
  • NVC or USCIS  - 
  • I-130 Approval Date - 
  • NVC Letter - 
  • Interview Date - 

Explanation:

• F2A PD - The PD or NOC1 received when filed under F2A
  • Service Center - Which Service center, most F2A should be CSC.
  • Naturalization Date - Date you became citizen.
  • Upgrade Request - Date you sent proof of citizenship and requested USCIS/NVC that they upgrade the I-130 Petition from F2A to IR/CR category
  • Upgrade Processed - If you received notice that upgrade was processed and wait for approval
  • NVC or USCIS  - If you had to send the request to USCIS  (case pending approval) or NVC (case approved, waiting visa availability)
  • I-130 Approval Date - Date I-130 was approved
  • NVC Letter - Date NVC sent letter to fill out more details.
  • Interview Date - Date of interview.

Here is the current data I have tallied, if you are following the thread and want to adds yours, reply with above details or update the table yourself.

Username F2A PD Service Center Naturalization Date Upgrade Request Upgrade Processed NVC or USCIS I130 ApprovalDate NVC Letter NVC Interview
Airman 10/27/2017 California 4/18/2018 --/--/---- 4/25/2018 USCIS 9/18/2018 --/--/---- 43500
saladboye Jun-1 California 4/18/2019 4/22/2019 --/--/---- USCIS --/--/---- --/--/---- --/--/----
Mahiv 10/18/2019       1/19/2019 USCIS      
Ammy 11/3/2017     2/13/2019 3/19/2019   3/19/2019    

To get the fancy, table I paste it in Google Sheets, update there and paste back in the new reply. better fill the empty table if you can.

6 hours ago, saladboye said:

Okay tracking progress is getting difficult/cumbersome.

Please provide the following so I can update the table frequently and post here:

For easy Copy Pasta:

Explanation:

• F2A PD - The PD or NOC1 received when filed under F2A
  • Service Center - Which Service center, most F2A should be CSC.
  • Naturalization Date - Date you became citizen.
  • Upgrade Request - Date you sent proof of citizenship and requested USCIS/NVC that they upgrade the I-130 Petition from F2A to IR/CR category
  • Upgrade Processed - If you received notice that upgrade was processed and wait for approval
  • NVC or USCIS  - If you had to send the request to USCIS  (case pending approval) or NVC (case approved, waiting visa availability)
  • I-130 Approval Date - Date I-130 was approved
  • NVC Letter - Date NVC sent letter to fill out more details.
  • Interview Date - Date of interview.

Here is the current data I have tallied, if you are following the thread and want to adds yours, reply with above details or update the table yourself.

Username F2A PD Service Center Naturalization Date Upgrade Request Upgrade Processed NVC or USCIS I130 ApprovalDate NVC Letter NVC Interview
Airman 10/27/2017 California 4/18/2018 --/--/---- 4/25/2018 USCIS 9/18/2018 --/--/---- 43500
saladboye Jun-1 California 4/18/2019 4/22/2019 --/--/---- USCIS --/--/---- --/--/---- --/--/----
Mahiv 10/18/2019       1/19/2019 USCIS      
Ammy 11/3/2017     2/13/2019 3/19/2019   3/19/2019    
A&U 7/12/18 California 5/15/19 ~            

To get the fancy, table I paste it in Google Sheets, update there and paste back in the new reply. better fill the empty table if you can.

Guys what documents are required for upgrading petition?

1 - Cover Letter describing situation
2 - Copy of Naturalization Certificate

3 - Copy of I-797C

Is there anything else?

And what mailing address do you guys use for Upgrading i130 at CSC? I assume I-797C has a PO Box address.
But id prefer Fedex and UPS delivery. Anything Specific you put in Attn: field? floor/Room number etc?

Dont think they have a fax number

Timeline
1 hour ago, A&U said:

Guys what documents are required for upgrading petition?

1 - Cover Letter describing situation
2 - Copy of Naturalization Certificate

3 - Copy of I-797C

Is there anything else?

And what mailing address do you guys use for Upgrading i130 at CSC? I assume I-797C has a PO Box address.
But id prefer Fedex and UPS delivery. Anything Specific you put in Attn: field? floor/Room number etc?

Dont think they have a fax number

I have read that if you call, they provide a number to fax it but I never found it.

I plan to upgrade my petition tomorrow and wait for RFE mail next week and follow instructions on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.