saladboye

F2A to IR-1 Upgrade Timeline Thread

593 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2019 at 12:15 AM, Kun199 said:

Thank you .yes i sent it on green card on april 2018.so u should get a mail saying you case was upgraded and after that they should approve it like mine .Good luck

Hey.. Sorry to bother you again with questions. But did you create a service request to move it faster? Also, could you please update your case here as it proceeds further? Asking this because real time updates of F2A to IR1 is very hard to find in VJ and other forums. Really appreciate your response. Good luck with your journey :)

11 hours ago, Ammy said:

Hey.. Sorry to bother you again with questions. But did you create a service request to move it faster? Also, could you please update your case here as it proceeds further? Asking this because real time updates of F2A to IR1 is very hard to find in VJ and other forums. Really appreciate your response. Good luck with your journey :)

No problem...yes i did call and made a service request and also sent a letter plus the copy of naturalization certificate .That service request went fast though .And they will send you a mail saying case was upgraded then hopefully they will approve it within a month.Mine was like 3 weeks after the upgrade they approved it.Good luck

11 hours ago, Kun199 said:

No problem...yes i did call and made a service request and also sent a letter plus the copy of naturalization certificate .That service request went fast though .And they will send you a mail saying case was upgraded then hopefully they will approve it within a month.Mine was like 3 weeks after the upgrade they approved it.Good luck

Thank you! I'm sure this not only helps me, but also many others who will come across this thread. Good luck to you too! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 11:56 PM, dreameryiji said:

I can add my timeline:

PD: JAN 12, 2018

SERVICE CENTER: CALIFORNIA

NATURALIZATION: JUL 12, 2018

UPGRADE REQUEST SENT: JUL 13, 2018

APPROVAL: AUG 28, 2018

RECEIVED BY NVC: OCT 24, 2018

CASE #: NOV 27, 2018

Hey.. Hope you got an interview by now?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ammy said:

Hey.. Hope you got an interview by now?

Yes we had an interview in January. But the case is still under administrative processing 😞 such a long journey

5 hours ago, dreameryiji said:

Yes we had an interview in January. But the case is still under administrative processing 😞 such a long journey

I'm so sorry to hear that. But, you are so close. Hang in there my friend. You will be with your dear one soon. Sincere prayers and wishes :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 3/8/2019 at 2:39 AM, Ammy said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. But, you are so close. Hang in there my friend. You will be with your dear one soon. Sincere prayers and wishes :)

Thanks so much for your prayers and wishes. I hope you reunite with your loved one in the near future! It's a long journey. but we will get there!

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Mahiv said:

@Ammy did you get an approval notice or an upgrade notice? I updated my application in January and received an upgrade notice in a week, which just said that my case now reflects that I am a US citizen and an action would be taken in 5 months. 

It is an approval notice. I didn't actually get an upgrade notice. It had been with USCIS for so long already.

PD : Nov 3rd 2017

Thank you guys, it is very helpful information as it is very hard to find F2A to IR1 upgrade cases over the visa journey and other platforms.

I am in the same boat about to done with neutralization in couple months and will be upgrading my wife case. it does seems like everybody get different responses/notices , some get direct approval notice and some gets upgrade notice. 

@Mahiv could you please tell your PD date for i130? did you apply i130 not long time ago thats why they gave you 5 months for next action? :( I will appreciate you response.thank you

@Ammy if at all possible, could you please keep us updated with the progress. that will be really helpful? thank you

45 minutes ago, vjmember1234 said:

Thank you guys, it is very helpful information as it is very hard to find F2A to IR1 upgrade cases over the visa journey and other platforms.

I am in the same boat about to done with neutralization in couple months and will be upgrading my wife case. it does seems like everybody get different responses/notices , some get direct approval notice and some gets upgrade notice. 

@Mahiv could you please tell your PD date for i130? did you apply i130 not long time ago thats why they gave you 5 months for next action? :( I will appreciate you response.thank you

@Ammy if at all possible, could you please keep us updated with the progress. that will be really helpful? thank you

My PD is October 2018 and upgraded in January 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Username F2A PD Service Center Naturalization Date Upgrade Request Upgrade Processed NVC or USCIS I130 ApprovalDate NVC Letter NVC Interview
Airman 10/27/2017 California 4/18/2018 --/--/---- 4/25/2018 USCIS 9/18/2018   --/--/----
saladboye Jun-1 California Pending            
Mahiv 10/18/2019       1/19/2019 USCIS      
Ammy 11/3/2017     2/13/2019 3/19/2019   3/19/2019    

I usually paste it in google sheets and then copy and paste here to get the richtext, 

2 hours ago, vjmember1234 said:

Yes, I most certainly will update my progress here. 

I cannot agree more that F2A to IR1 threads are hard to find and mostly inactive, which is why I came back here to post my approval news. Good luck to you with Naturalization and the subsequent immigration of your wife. This journey is long, but it has a fulfilling end. We will get there. God bless ☺️

55 minutes ago, Ammy said:

Yes, I most certainly will update my progress here. 

I cannot agree more that F2A to IR1 threads are hard to find and mostly inactive, which is why I came back here to post my approval news. Good luck to you with Naturalization and the subsequent immigration of your wife. This journey is long, but it has a fulfilling end. We will get there. God bless ☺️

thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.