Sonata Arctica

Anyone Know What This Means?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am attaching a file with this thread, of the NVC Process flowchart. Does anyone know what the red broken lines mean?

These lines weren't there a couple of days ago. As you can see, the lines running from the 'NVC reviews Case' to Affidavit of Support and the one to the 'Submit IV Application' are lighter red, and the one running to the 'Submit Civil Documents' is darker red. Ideas?

Thanks.

NVC Process Pic.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

this is the order things will be done

after they review the I 864 and the ds 260 they ask for supporting documents like 3 years tax   retunrs,  the beneficiary police report thus the red line to indicate you will be sending supporting documents for the online forms I 864 and ds 260 you filled out

Edited by kris&me

Timeline
1 minute ago, kris&me said:

after they review the I 864 and the ds 260 they ask for supporting documents like 3 years tax   retunrs,  the beneficiary police report thus the red line to indicate you will be sending supporting documents for the online forms I 864 and ds 260 you filled out

Maybe I didnt make myself clearer...all the same, thank you for replying so quickly.

I know the process  and the steps involved. All the documents were already submitted some time ago. BTW, you CANNOT submit documents in piecemeal. I was told to submit everything in one shot and that's what I did, right after submitting the DS260. My question is about the red broken lines - why have they appeared now? And what is the difference between the lighter and the darker ones?

The bottom one isn't darker, just looks like the two lines stacked on top of one another.

Did you get asked to resubmit documents? 

12/26/17 - NOA1

06/27/18 - NOA2 (+183 days)

07/11/18 - Case sent to NVC (+14 days)

07/18/18 - NVC Received (+7 days)

08/10/18 - NVC Case Number (+23 days)

09/06/18 - All Docs Submitted (+27 days)

09/19/18 - Case Complete at NVC (+13 days)

10/18/18 -  Interview appointment letter received (+29 days)

11/20/18 - Interview Date (+33 days) - APPROVED!

11/26/18 - Visa Received 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, redvines said:

The bottom one isn't darker, just looks like the two lines stacked on top of one another.

Did you get asked to resubmit documents? 

No, not yet.

I just logged in and they don't have the flowchart in the online portal after case complete, so I can't help with a comparison. I would suggest call NVC.

12/26/17 - NOA1

06/27/18 - NOA2 (+183 days)

07/11/18 - Case sent to NVC (+14 days)

07/18/18 - NVC Received (+7 days)

08/10/18 - NVC Case Number (+23 days)

09/06/18 - All Docs Submitted (+27 days)

09/19/18 - Case Complete at NVC (+13 days)

10/18/18 -  Interview appointment letter received (+29 days)

11/20/18 - Interview Date (+33 days) - APPROVED!

11/26/18 - Visa Received 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, kris&me said:

This is not correct.  All documentation including tax returns etc. are submitted at the same time, not AFTER reviewing the DS 260 and I-864, unless you FAILED to submit what you should have.  

The broken line means these things happen at the same time, not separately.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 2:07 AM, Sonata Arctica said:

I am attaching a file with this thread, of the NVC Process flowchart. Does anyone know what the red broken lines mean?

These lines weren't there a couple of days ago. As you can see, the lines running from the 'NVC reviews Case' to Affidavit of Support and the one to the 'Submit IV Application' are lighter red, and the one running to the 'Submit Civil Documents' is darker red. Ideas?

Thanks.

NVC Process Pic.JPG

Have you got the answer of these dotted lines? Why are these dotted lines here? I have these lines too in my chart. Please help 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i kinda have the same dotted lines , 3 of my Documents attached on US state dept site was rejected cause of tilted position and now i have uploaded the pdf versions , now i am waiting for the response , any idea how long does it takes ? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, RimshaButt said:

I am also having the same red line. Please anyone here help me. Why this dotted line? 

This question has already been answered above.  The dotted line means these things can happen at the same time, or concurrently.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack post and reply to said post removed.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I have the same flowchart with the red lines but my documents got all accepted. I wrote to NVC before I noticed this flowchart and they answered me that: "NVC received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The application is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant's visa application." So I hope it's fine, although my docs got accepted Spt 17 and didn't hear a thing from them yet :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.