Teacake

Confirmation that our I129F packet is okay?

12 posts in this topic

Just looking for confirmation from you knowledgeable members that me and my fiancé’s packet is okay (sufficient evidence , etc.). I’m the beneficiary and Australian, for reference. I apologise in advance for this being long, but we would really appreciate any help!

The order of all the documents:

* form g-1450 (credit card payment authorisation)

* form g-1145 (e-notification)

* cover letter

* form I-129f (original submission)

* two I-129f supplements, one showing my latest I-94 (as I’m currently in the US, set to depart in less than a week) and the other being our circumstances of in-person meetings (6 times meeting so far)

* an attachment providing evidence that Facebook (the website we met on) isn’t an IMB (just in case)

* passport style photos of the two of us (with “photo of ...” and date photo was taken on the back of each)

* front and back sides of petitioner’s BC

* evidence of in-person meeting in the last 2 years: boarding passes, passport stamps, international driving permit my fiancé got before visiting me in Australia, travel insurance certificate, hotel confirmation emails, 17 photos, tickets from various activities

* letters of intent from each of us

* evidence of an ongoing relationship: gift receipts (including engagement ring), copy of caricature drawn of the two of us, greeting cards, emails, Facebook posts, a few Skype call logs and IM chat logs

Every document is dated and signed. Does this sound okay? Are we missing anything?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Teacake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Just looking for confirmation from you knowledgeable members that me and my fiancé’s packet is okay (sufficient evidence , etc.). I’m the beneficiary and Australian, for reference. I apologise in advance for this being long, but we would really appreciate any help!

The order of all the documents:

* form g-1450 (credit card payment authorisation)

* form g-1145 (e-notification)

* cover letter

* form I-129f (original submission)

* two I-129f supplements, one showing my latest I-94 (as I’m currently in the US, set to depart in less than a week) and the other being our circumstances of in-person meetings (6 times meeting so far)

* an attachment providing evidence that Facebook (the website we met on) isn’t an IMB (just in case)

* passport style photos of the two of us (with “photo of ...” and date photo was taken on the back of each)

* front and back sides of petitioner’s BC

* evidence of in-person meeting in the last 2 years: boarding passes, passport stamps, international driving permit my fiancé got before visiting me in Australia, travel insurance certificate, hotel confirmation emails, 17 photos, tickets from various activities

* letters of intent from each of us

* evidence of an ongoing relationship: gift receipts (including engagement ring), copy of caricature drawn of the two of us, greeting cards, emails, Facebook posts, a few Skype call logs and IM chat logs

Every document is dated and signed. Does this sound okay? Are we missing anything?

Thank you in advance!

Only one i can see is missing and that is the copy of the whole pages of the petitioner’s passport. The rest are good to go.. Goodluck 🍀 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Didn't know you could pay for the I129F with a credit card, maybe they changed the rules, I know you can for AOS and things like that, but I thought I129F was money order or cashier check. And it is debatable if you need to copy every page of the passport. Some people have, a lot haven't. I did not copy every page of my passport ( It is a Large book style, would have killed a few trees doing that) as long as you have the pages with the stamps on them you should be fine, and the Bio page of course. I even thru in my birth certificate, and a copy of my drivers license for good measure. You only need the birth certificate, or the Passport Bio page of the petitioner to prove citizenship, I added both.

I just checked, Looks like since February of 2018 you can use a credit card. I filed in 2017, bummer, I missed out on some frequent flier points there.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

34 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Only one i can see is missing and that is the copy of the whole pages of the petitioner’s passport. The rest are good to go.. Goodluck 🍀 

Thank you! I thought that to prove the USC’s citizenship, you could send either all pages of their passport *or* both sides of their BC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Teacake said:

Thank you! I thought that to prove the USC’s citizenship, you could send either all pages of their passport *or* both sides of their BC?

Just to make sure, just send both(passport all pages and BC) coz some adjudicators are looking for passport pages. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

I just checked, Looks like since February of 2018 you can use a credit card. I filed in 2017, bummer, I missed out on some frequent flier points there.

Yeah; that's what I did in May. I suspect that's going to become the most common option fairly quickly, if it hasn't yet.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

2 hours ago, Teacake said:

Nope.  It does not specify that in the instructions.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

only needed if using as proof of meeting (ie stamps) or as proof of citizenship (which the birth certificate also proves)

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, Teacake said:

You are right. If you have your BC you don’t need all pages of passport. Just add bio page and stamps from when you visited.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi! I was also in the USA at the moment of filing, but we didn't include the I94 copy, just the number. We filed in July, so we're still waiting 

Will we get a RFE for this?

Freaking out

2 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hi! I was also in the USA at the moment of filing, but we didn't include the I94 copy, just the number. We filed in July, so we're still waiting 

Will we get a RFE for this?

Freaking out

I don’t think it’s at all a requirement! You’ve still left your I-94 number for them to check up on themselves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.