Jal7700

NVC to Create Case number..?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi ALL,

Does anyone know how long NVC takes to Create or Provide my Case number or In voice number..after Receiving Approved I-130 from USCIS ? Calling NVC Everyday to ask Case number and Invoice Number help ? to get it little faster..? thanks in Advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jal7700 said:

Hi ALL,

Does anyone know how long NVC takes to Create or Provide my Case number or In voice number..after Receiving Approved I-130 from USCIS ? Calling NVC Everyday to ask Case number and Invoice Number help ? to get it little faster..? thanks in Advance.

Mine took 23 days to get a case numbers, others took longer. 

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SKB2017 said:

Mine took 23 days to get a case numbers, others took longer. 

Did you had to Send all the documents to NVC or upload to their Website..? And what i should get ready for before i get my Invoice number and case number..? i mean to ask about document should i start gathering anything ..? help please 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

they just received your case on the 13th

taking a month for case number for many

you can do a lot to prepare now that they do all online

get the criminal report from the immigrant (and English tranlation)

get your IRS tax transcripts for the last 3 years from IRS (thru the internet or iRS office)

when u submit these and any other documents NVC requests,  write in the upper right hand corner of each and every page,  your new case number, both names and both DOB's before u scan them to NVC

this is protect yourself as pages get lost and seperated

Just now, Jal7700 said:

Hi ALL,

It can take up to 8 weeks to recieve your case number. Calling them everyday is not going to make them give it to you faster, you are now at the beginning of the the nvc process

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ann&James said:

It can take up to 8 weeks to recieve your case number. Calling them everyday is not going to make them give it to you faster, you are now at the beginning of the the nvc process

Thank you !!

5 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

they just received your case on the 13th

taking a month for case number for many

you can do a lot to prepare now that they do all online

get the criminal report from the immigrant (and English tranlation)

get your IRS tax transcripts for the last 3 years from IRS (thru the internet or iRS office)

when u submit these and any other documents NVC requests,  write in the upper right hand corner of each and every page,  your new case number, both names and both DOB's before u scan them to NVC

this is protect yourself as pages get lost and seperated

Great thank you !!

7 hours ago, DiegoRlz said:

I have a question. Usually, they say that the waiting time in the NVC is 2 or 3 months. It means, it would take 2 or 3 months since you get your case number from the NVC? or that waiting time (getting your case number) is included in those 2 or 3 months. Thanks, and good luck to you :D

Mine took almost 3 months to get a case number and invoice number from my no2.But the good news is that i can start nvc processing immediately.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 hours ago, DiegoRlz said:

I have a question. Usually, they say that the waiting time in the NVC is 2 or 3 months. It means, it would take 2 or 3 months since you get your case number from the NVC? or that waiting time (getting your case number) is included in those 2 or 3 months. Thanks, and good luck to you :D

going to depend on many factors

1. how fast they assign case number

2. how fast you pay the 2 fees when they are requested

3. how fast you and immigrant fill out the I 864 and DS 260

4. how fast you get IRS transcripts and other supporting documents and scan them to NVC

5. the number of application packets at NVC 

6. the avalibility of a visa number

7. the avalibilty of an interview date at your embassy

3 hours ago, Aj06 said:

Mine took almost 3 months to get a case number and invoice number from my no2.But the good news is that i can start nvc processing immediately.

Thanks, and when did you do it? like what year? and how mucj time did it take since you got approved in the uscis untill the nvc gives you the date for your interview. Thanks :P it is just that i am about to go for the same process and i am curious. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
11 hours ago, DiegoRlz said:

Finally !!! someone is asking the same question I asked but no one knew if the NVC timeline is counted from NVC number received or everything from USCIS approval and NVC approval... neither how long it take NVC to approve the case. :( I’m hoping that at least here someone responds...!:)) 

but I can help with little part. speaking from my experience. From uscis approval to nvc receive your case it took us 2 weeks and than 3 weeks to give us NVC case number.

now we are waiting for NVC approval and I have no idea how long it takes. I had to go through a lot of forums to see where ppl share it and found that some says 3 weeks but timeline here say 3 months. So I think that three months is the total from receiving your case, signing you a case number and approval.... but maybe someone experienced can answer this one correctly. ;-) 

3 hours ago, DiegoRlz said:

Thanks, and when did you do it? like what year? and how mucj time did it take since you got approved in the uscis untill the nvc gives you the date for your interview. Thanks :P it is just that i am about to go for the same process and i am curious. 

Here is my timeline for f2a:-

Noa1 -12/22/2016

Noa2-06/12/2018

Nvc received case on 08/17/2018

Received welcome letter frm nvc on 09/05/2018.

According to my estimate based upon the present vb movements ,nvc processing will take ~3 to 4 for case complete.

Hopefully i should get my interview in late dec or early jan.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
58 minutes ago, Aj06 said:

Here is my timeline for f2a:-

Noa1 -12/22/2016

Noa2-06/12/2018

Nvc received case on 08/17/2018

Received welcome letter frm nvc on 09/05/2018.

According to my estimate based upon the present vb movements ,nvc processing will take ~3 to 4 for case complete.

Hopefully i should get my interview in late dec or early jan.

Thanks ...and did you receive the Welcome Letter/case number by email without you letting NVC know about it explicitly (them getting it from your I-130)?

Hi,

Please someone help me cause im a little bit confuse, after the nvc receive create and send it to the embassy, whats next I have to do?

3 hours ago, willcrack said:

Thanks ...and did you receive the Welcome Letter/case number by email without you letting NVC know about it explicitly (them getting it from your I-130)?

Nvc issues the welcome letter with ur new case # and invoice #.On the welcome letter there are 6 steps that u need to follow n complete before getting an interview from your respective country's embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.