dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2018

972 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Saaniya said:

Mine is on 15th oct . Insha Allah soon. I'm done with medical and Biometrics. Just left with some preparations for the Interview. Nervous!

thats great...I can't wait for the interview date then I can prepare everything else for hubby.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rameda said:

thats great...I can't wait for the interview date then I can prepare everything else for hubby.

Yup soon inshaAllah.. all the best.. here after a long time.. hope everyone is doing well..

3 hours ago, Chucks said:

Hey guys,i know its been a while,i still flash back and remember how vj has happened me accomplish my dream.for new immigrants that is coming to US,as soon as you get here.go to any ssn office that is close to you and apply for your ssn card,i did mine a day after i get to US and it came in the mail within a week after applying it in their office...i paid for my green card after i get to US and it came in within three weeks after i apply,now i am lookong forward for my Navy officer program training in a week...once again thank you visa journey member and the officials,looking forward to apply for my citizenship next year October.

There's a process in place (I think it's relatively new?) to apply for your SSN as part of your immigrant visa application. As long as you answer "Yes" to a couple of relevant questions, your card is issued to you automatically after POE in the US. I found this info on the Social Security Administration website - hopefully this is helpful for people! 

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/index.htm

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/whatyou_need.htm

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

15 hours ago, Abies said:

Congratulations and happy flight to the US

Thank U😇

14 hours ago, Themmi said:

Congratulations

Thank U😇

14 hours ago, O&O said:

Congrats..safe travel..

Thank U and good Luck to you😇

12 hours ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Congrats on your interview date 

Congratulations!💃💃, Safe flight to the US

Thank U and good luck to you😇

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Keeley said:

There's a process in place (I think it's relatively new?) to apply for your SSN as part of your immigrant visa application. As long as you answer "Yes" to a couple of relevant questions, your card is issued to you automatically after POE in the US. I found this info on the Social Security Administration website - hopefully this is helpful for people! 

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/index.htm

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnvisa/whatyou_need.htm

I click yes,but i still went there and apply for my ssn,and it came in fast,you can choose not to do it.if u wait,it might take longer

Edited by Chucks

Timeline
4 hours ago, Chucks said:

I click yes,but i still went there and apply for my ssn,and it came in fast,you can choose not to do it.if u wait,it might take longer

4 hours ago, Chucks said:

goodday chucks I went through your profile I saw you got your visa approved this year and you said you will be applying for citizenship next year, I thought citizenship takes 3 to 4 years before applying.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 hours ago, Beast7 said:

ALHAMDULILALLAH

Visa Approved🎈🎉

toDay at IsLamabad embassy.IR1

Will post a review soon.

Passport will be back after holidays,will be flying next week hopefully InShALLAH.

Thanks for your heLp guys and good luck to all of those waiting for interview.

Yayy! Congratulations!!

Sorry for the temporary delay, just upload the affidavit of support of the joint sponsor. Did the CO have your passport? After they receive the joint sponsor AOS your visa will be issue

13 hours ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

After

I don't know how to do it.. 

Can you give a link that shows the steps she told me to uploaded on ceac ..

She didn't take my passport 😢

Timeline
5 hours ago, wendykay said:

goodday chucks I went through your profile I saw you got your visa approved this year and you said you will be applying for citizenship next year, I thought citizenship takes 3 to 4 years before applying.

Through military u can apply a year after joining the service 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Chucks said:

Through military u can apply a year after joining the service 

My husband’s in the military! What branch will you be joining? There are lots of cool perks except deployment!! 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Timeline
24 minutes ago, O&O said:

@wendykay how r u doing.?  Getting ready for the next step..

yes dear, I did my medicals on Monday at Abuja.how are you doing and any news about your interview date.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, wendykay said:

yes dear, I did my medicals on Monday at Abuja.how are you doing and any news about your interview date.

That's good

I'm fine.. still waiting..so where will u do your interview .. Abuja or lagos embassy .Did you register with the Courier Service as yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.