dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2018

972 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, valentinasc said:

Maybe someone will find this POE helpful - Los Angeles CA September 21: 

There were lines for us citizens, esta waivers, and so many others I just can’t remember, all I can tell you is that it was busy!!! Luckily I’ve asked about 3 people working at the airport on which line to take, and the last person was very nice that took me to an express line, in which I lined up for only 4 minutes. When it was my turn a nice officer asked me purpose of my trip and I told her I was moving there on a spouse visa, kept checking my passport and looked at me and I added : I have a package from the embassy, and she said: Yep, i need that, come with me. She then took me to a room and on the way she was asking me about my age because I’m considered young to be married and told her my husband’s the same age and that he is in the military and she then said “that explains why” but was very friendly all the way and wished me the best. Once inside the room she left and said someone would call me, so just sit down and wait. There were already 30 people in the room waiting, and I could hear some  people complaining saying they’ve missed their flight. Luckily I’ve been called after only 5 minutes and another officer asked me for the package, asked me some personal questions and was saying jokes and made sure my address was right and was very nice all along. He then stamped my passport and said : welcome home, have a good one :)
Time from first officer at passport check to being in the room it took me 15 minutes total. Everyone was very nice ! :)

For all of those of you waiting whether for a CC or interview date, it’s all coming to an end and we will all be reunited with our loved ones and be appreciative that this experience has taught us patience, faith and has shown us that love is strong and conquers it all. I wish the very best to each and one of you and never forget to have God in your heart because he’s the main reason for us to get to the finish line with a happy heart next to our spouse ❤️ Thank you VJ members!! 

Congrats and thanks for the POE review! My husband will be going through LA in November, so good to know it was a smooth experience for you!

Beneficiary Country: UK / Consulate: Sydney, Australia / Nebraska Service Center

27-Nov-2017 - Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lockbox

30-Nov-2017 (+3 days, 3 days) - NOA1, petition sent to Nebraska Service Center

28-Jun-2018 (+210 days, 213 days) - NOA2, petition approved

16-Jul-2018 (+18 days, 231 days) - Petition sent to Department of State

23-Jul-2018 (+7 days, 238 days) - Petition received by NVC (confirmed via phone on 24 July)
21-Aug-2018 (+29 days, 267 days) - Welcome Letter received by email, paid AOS and IV fee

23-Aug-2018 (+2 days, 269 days) - IV Application (Form DS-260), Civil Documents, Affidavit of Support, and Financial Documents all submitted to NVC on CEAC

7-Sep-2018 (+15 days, 284 days) - NVC Case Complete

18-9-2018 (+11 days, 295 days) - Interview scheduled, received notification from NVC via email - interview set for 16 October

16-10-2018 (+28 days, 323 days) - Interview - visa approved!

18-10-2018 (+2 days, 325 days) - Passport and visa received by AusPost Express Platinum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Keeley said:

Congrats and thanks for the POE review! My husband will be going through LA in November, so good to know it was a smooth experience for you!

Congratulations in advance to your husband as well. Best wishes to you

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone from embassies in Paris, UK or other EU states received interview dates recently for October or November. My CC was two weeks ago and I dont have interview date, although US embassy in Switzerland is not a busy place for immigrant visas. I called NVC this Morning and there is no update, I am wondering what is going on?

My wife just recently had her interview at the London embassy and was approved. However, the officer there told her that they no longer hand out the sealed packets and that it is all electronic now. He said that it would be attached to the passport when it is scanned at CBP and that they would be able to see it. I had never heard of this before. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a brand new policy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone please tell me what to do, I went and had my fingerprints taken 09-12-2018 and went under the privacy act, however when i received my mail from them (today) its just a piece of paper saying

"your application for personal information held in the databank ******** has been processed. No personal information about you was found in the datebank" 

also states that my fingerprints used have been destroyed. I'm almost positive this isn't the correct document. 

It includes my name, DOB, the date I had my fingerprints taken. 

The day I had them done I had my photo taken as well. 

Edited by Meghan&Gene

1 hour ago, Meghan&Gene said:

Can someone please tell me what to do, I went and had my fingerprints taken 09-12-2018 and went under the privacy act, however when i received my mail from them (today) its just a piece of paper saying

"your application for personal information held in the databank ******** has been processed. No personal information about you was found in the datebank" 

also states that my fingerprints used have been destroyed. I'm almost positive this isn't the correct document. 

Got the same thing in the mail today, seems like what they want!? Name, DOB, no criminal record found, specified privacy act...if this isn’t it then I have no idea what they want. I’ll post a name redacted portion of mine just for interest sake.  I wouldnt be worried, it says this is exactly what they are looking for according to everything I’ve been told. Of course all my personal information was at the top but this was the just of it

EDE92F03-9422-4433-87FF-EF6097853313.jpeg

Edited by MtnBoarder

Timeline
58 minutes ago, MtnBoarder said:

Got the same thing in the mail today, seems like what they want!? Name, DOB, no criminal record found, specified privacy act...if this isn’t it then I have no idea what they want. I’ll post a name redacted portion of mine just for interest sake.  I wouldnt be worried, it says this is exactly what they are looking for according to everything I’ve been told. Of course all my personal information was at the top but this was the just of it

Yes this is what i got too! 

I called the lady that done my fingerprints and she said this is what they're wanting. under the privacy act it shows if you've had any pardons. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Meghan&Gene said:

That is what I got today, I am thinking maybe that is what they need 🙏🏽

Timeline
6 hours ago, MtnBoarder said:

I got the same mail I hope that is what they ask for🙏🏽

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 9/20/2018 at 11:18 AM, amdublin14 said:

@SMOM @girlonfire Sorry for yet more questions, but did you have any issues with your medical from Mater? Or hiccups with it during the interview?

We found one mistake with ours, not sure how to proceed. On the copy of the vaccination record, they checked the "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" NOT "Immigrant Visa or Parolee...."

Spouse will have to ring the hospital tomorrow and see if they can correct this, but idk how they will when the sealed envelope they gave us contains the original record. Also, we have no way of knowing if there is indeed an expiration date on the medical results, since they're sealed. Curious about that only because a previous user said he got AP for not having an expiration date on his medical.

I'm not sure. I can ask my husband. He didn't give me any details about the medical results

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 hours ago, girlonfire said:

I'm not sure. I can ask my husband. He didn't give me any details about the medical results

Mater said they should be able to fix their mistake. Are you still waiting for the visa at this point?

Texas Service Center / Dublin, Ireland Embassy

2017/11/18 - Married (L)

2017/12/21 - Sent I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox

2017/12/27 (+6 days, 6 days) - NOA1 (sent to Texas)

2018/06/14 - (+169 days, 175 days) NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/06/28 -  (+14 days, 189 days) "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/07/09 -  (+11 days, 200 days) NVC received petition (had to call 7/11 to confirm). PIVOT case.

2018/08/01 - (+23 days, 223 days) NVC case created/case # received (email); AOS and IV fees paid.

2018/08/03 - AOS package submitted

2018/08/04 - DS-260 submitted.

2018/08/06 - (+5, 228 days) IV civil documents submitted.

2018/08/13 - (+7, 235 days) Case Complete "At NVC," and "Documentarily Qualified" CEAC message w/emails. Message to delete and reupload I-864 files (need to be uploaded on the same day) at 2 p.m.

2018/09/14 - ( +32, 267 days) Received Interview Appointment Email

2018/10/02 - (+18, 285 days) Interview at Dublin Embassy (PRAYING!) -- APPROVED 😍

2018/10/05 - (+3, 288 days) Visa "Issued" on CEAC Case Tracker.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

My mother had her interview on 25th sept at Mumbai India. her status says as "Issued" how ling before her passport is ready for pickup.

And another question, my case is non-pivot when do they give the sealed envelope, is it when i pick up the passport ?, as they did not give anything at the interview even though she was approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:28 AM, Abies said:

Yes dearie.. I'm doing great and got lots of Nigerian foodstuff already packed. Good to know he's not having any problems with adaptaion.

How did you guys apply for hubs ssc?

So sorry sis for the late reply! If you selected the part in your visa application fee that you need one, it should automatically be processed shortly about a few weeks after you receive you greencard. If you did not, You will need to go to the website to print, fill out, and sign the application form here: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

And two verification documents. Like the visa and greencard. It took about 3 weeks from the day he received his greencard. I don't know if someone already answered this. Sorry once again! Hope you're well!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 9/24/2018 at 10:16 AM, jcocke03 said:

My wife just recently had her interview at the London embassy and was approved. However, the officer there told her that they no longer hand out the sealed packets and that it is all electronic now. He said that it would be attached to the passport when it is scanned at CBP and that they would be able to see it. I had never heard of this before. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a brand new policy?

Yes, it is a new policy. I didn't get any envelope and when I was at the poe in Orlando they asked me about it. I just explained that my data should be in the system. I spent about half an hour with other people in the immigration office at the airport while they checked everything and stamped my passport. So don't make it bother you.  If you came through the electronic process, you won't receive an envelope. Best of luck to you!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, indianDallas said:

My mother had her interview on 25th sept at Mumbai India. her status says as "Issued" how ling before her passport is ready for pickup.

And another question, my case is non-pivot when do they give the sealed envelope, is it when i pick up the passport ?, as they did not give anything at the interview even though she was approved.

I received my passport back in a week. She'll get a sealed envelope together with her passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.