Jump to content
Balaji_v

Adjustment of Status - Detroit field office

361 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, i gather everything i have for the i-864 rfe and this is all i have please if any of you have something to add i will really appreciate im extremely nervous about it. 

Sponsor:

i-864 form signed and dated  

8 months pay stubs

tax return and transcript ( 2017) 

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017)

copy of Birth Certificate 

copy of biographic passport

employment letter 

and A copy of my itin number idk about that one. 

 

Joint sponsor:

i-864 form signed and dated 

6 months pay stubs

tax return ( 2017)

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017) 

copy of Birth certificate 

employment letter. 

Is this ok or do i need something else ? Thank you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KYICGM said:

Hello, i gather everything i have for the i-864 rfe and this is all i have please if any of you have something to add i will really appreciate im extremely nervous about it. 

Sponsor:

i-864 form signed and dated  

8 months pay stubs

tax return and transcript ( 2017) 

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017)

copy of Birth Certificate 

copy of biographic passport

employment letter 

and A copy of my itin number idk about that one. 

 

Joint sponsor:

i-864 form signed and dated 

6 months pay stubs

tax return ( 2017)

w2’s ( 2015,2016,2017) 

copy of Birth certificate 

employment letter. 

Is this ok or do i need something else ? Thank you.  

In my personal Opinion, the above mentioned documents should be sufficient. But it is better to submit copies of your marriage certificate, your passport and your birth certificate along with those documents.

 

Good Luck :) 


05/30/2018 (Day 0)   --- Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 for Chicago lockbox through USPS
06/01/2018 (Day 1)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received and signed the packet.

06/11/2018 (Day 11) --- NOA1 through email for all the forms with receipt numbers for all the 4 forms.

06/14/2018 (Day 14) --- Received Biometrics appointment letter through USPS.

06/28/2018 (Day 28) --- Biometrics done at the Detroit USCIS field office.😁

07/05/2018 (Day 35) --- Case status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" for the I-485.

07/11/2018 (Day 41) --- Case status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed." for the I-765.

09/18/2018 (Day 109) - Case status changed to "Interview was Scheduled" on the USCIS case status tracker for AOS (I-485).:dance:
09/22/2018 (Day 113) - Received the AOS interview request letter from USCIS in the mail. Interview is Scheduled for 10/24/2018.😊

09/24/2018 (Day 115) - Online case status changed to " New Card Is Being Produced" for EAD/AP combo card.😂 

09/25/2018 (Day 116) - Online case status changed to "Case Was Approved" For EAD/AP. And received text and email confirmation of the same.

09/29/2018 (Day 120) - EAD/AP combo card received in the mail.:jest:

10/24/2018 (Day 145) - AOS approved on the spot at the interview. Online status changed to card is in production.:jest::dance:

10/30/2018 (Day 151) - Greencard received in the mail. :jest:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Balaji_v said:

In my personal Opinion, the above mentioned documents should be sufficient. But it is better to submit copies of your marriage certificate, your passport and your birth certificate along with those documents.

 

Good Luck :) 

Thank you 😊 then i will 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balaji_v said:

please try to use this link and create an account. It might work here https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

I guess it might be a technical glitch or some sort of issue. But I dont think it is because they are not working on your case.

This web site not working too in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys my tracking number just start working today it's Says they accepted the finger print fees and that they are working on the case and they mailed me about next process is this how it's work guys 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, Detroit is working fast.  Oct 10th they showed that they were ready to schedule the interview.  So I should be seeing the notice in the mail soon.  Just over 1 month  since the packet was sent to them.  Even had an RFE inbetween that. Gotta love it.

Edited by ImagineMe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ImagineMe said:

Man, Detroit is working fast.  Oct 10th they showed that they were ready to schedule the interview.  So I should be seeing the notice in the mail soon.  Just over 1 month  since the packet was sent to them.  Even had an RFE inbetween that. Gotta love it.

WOW congrats to you both. We are still waiting our interview date our PD is July 30th.  Best of luck with your interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, ImagineMe said:

Man, Detroit is working fast.  Oct 10th they showed that they were ready to schedule the interview.  So I should be seeing the notice in the mail soon.  Just over 1 month  since the packet was sent to them.  Even had an RFE inbetween that. Gotta love it.

My status changed  into " Interview Schedule " after 35 days of status " ready to schedule for an interview " i am a July AOS filer  field office is Detroit MI

Edited by Jemilyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, ImagineMe said:

Man, Detroit is working fast.  Oct 10th they showed that they were ready to schedule the interview.  So I should be seeing the notice in the mail soon.  Just over 1 month  since the packet was sent to them.  Even had an RFE inbetween that. Gotta love it.

Wow that was fast !!

 

Congratulations :jest:


05/30/2018 (Day 0)   --- Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 for Chicago lockbox through USPS
06/01/2018 (Day 1)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received and signed the packet.

06/11/2018 (Day 11) --- NOA1 through email for all the forms with receipt numbers for all the 4 forms.

06/14/2018 (Day 14) --- Received Biometrics appointment letter through USPS.

06/28/2018 (Day 28) --- Biometrics done at the Detroit USCIS field office.😁

07/05/2018 (Day 35) --- Case status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" for the I-485.

07/11/2018 (Day 41) --- Case status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed." for the I-765.

09/18/2018 (Day 109) - Case status changed to "Interview was Scheduled" on the USCIS case status tracker for AOS (I-485).:dance:
09/22/2018 (Day 113) - Received the AOS interview request letter from USCIS in the mail. Interview is Scheduled for 10/24/2018.😊

09/24/2018 (Day 115) - Online case status changed to " New Card Is Being Produced" for EAD/AP combo card.😂 

09/25/2018 (Day 116) - Online case status changed to "Case Was Approved" For EAD/AP. And received text and email confirmation of the same.

09/29/2018 (Day 120) - EAD/AP combo card received in the mail.:jest:

10/24/2018 (Day 145) - AOS approved on the spot at the interview. Online status changed to card is in production.:jest::dance:

10/30/2018 (Day 151) - Greencard received in the mail. :jest:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, linuxma said:

Hi guys I just got my  finger point appointment which documents you bring with you and do my wife allowed to come with me 

You take the appointment letter and ID with you. I took my passport. My husband came with me and he waited for me in the area they take your biometrics. He needed ID also as the security check it on the way into the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ttjewell said:

You take the appointment letter and ID with you. I took my passport. My husband came with me and he waited for me in the area they take your biometrics. He needed ID also as the security check it on the way into the building.

awe thanks do phones not allowed to bring i mean there is a way to give them the phone and come back get it later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had our AOS interview yesterday at the Detroit Field office and we got approved on the Spot :jest:. Our appointment is at 11:20AM and we reached there and passed through the security around 11:00. And we waited in the large waiting area for about 40 minutes until the Office called my name for the interview. The IO is a very sweet middle aged white lady and she appeared to have gone through my application thoroughly and the moment we walked into her office, she said she doesn't have any questions about the validity of my marriage and she just need to verify some basic information and she would approve my green-card. Everything went very smooth. She just verified the stuff on the forms like my DOB, parents names, current address and when i came into US, what visa statuses i had and so on. And then the mandatory YES/NO questions from form I-485. And then she asked my wife if its her signature on the forms and she checked with me about my signatures as well. The interview lasted for about 15 or 20 minutes and at the end, she said she just approved the Green-card and she ordered for the card. I requested to see if she can place the I-551 stamp on my passport but she said it's only required if I am travelling within the next one or two weeks outside the USA. So I didn't get a stamp on my passport. She explained about the conditional residency and we need to apply for ROC in about 21 months and made us sign a document referring to the 2 year conditional residency and removal of conditions. And we thanked the Immigration officer for her help and support and she walked us out to the waiting area and we thanked her and said good bye for now.

 

So overall it was a great experience and very easy than i expected. The IO did't even ask for any originals or any documents. We brought with us a whole bunch of documents and 4 albums of pictures. But she did't even look at them. So I believe a strong application with good explanation letter about evolution of relationship helped us alot. The IO even commented it to my wife who wrote the "Evolution of relationship letter" that she loved how my wife explained everything in her letter addressing the officer.

 

I thank you all the VJ filers for their valuable support and advice they gave me through this AOS journey and I wish you all the very best and hoping for your AOS to go as smoothly as possible. 😁


05/30/2018 (Day 0)   --- Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 for Chicago lockbox through USPS
06/01/2018 (Day 1)   --- Confirmation from USPS that USCIS received and signed the packet.

06/11/2018 (Day 11) --- NOA1 through email for all the forms with receipt numbers for all the 4 forms.

06/14/2018 (Day 14) --- Received Biometrics appointment letter through USPS.

06/28/2018 (Day 28) --- Biometrics done at the Detroit USCIS field office.😁

07/05/2018 (Day 35) --- Case status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" for the I-485.

07/11/2018 (Day 41) --- Case status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed." for the I-765.

09/18/2018 (Day 109) - Case status changed to "Interview was Scheduled" on the USCIS case status tracker for AOS (I-485).:dance:
09/22/2018 (Day 113) - Received the AOS interview request letter from USCIS in the mail. Interview is Scheduled for 10/24/2018.😊

09/24/2018 (Day 115) - Online case status changed to " New Card Is Being Produced" for EAD/AP combo card.😂 

09/25/2018 (Day 116) - Online case status changed to "Case Was Approved" For EAD/AP. And received text and email confirmation of the same.

09/29/2018 (Day 120) - EAD/AP combo card received in the mail.:jest:

10/24/2018 (Day 145) - AOS approved on the spot at the interview. Online status changed to card is in production.:jest::dance:

10/30/2018 (Day 151) - Greencard received in the mail. :jest:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balaji_v said:

We had our AOS interview yesterday at the Detroit Field office and we got approved on the Spot :jest:. Our appointment is at 11:20AM and we reached there and passed through the security around 11:00. And we waited in the large waiting area for about 40 minutes until the Office called my name for the interview. The IO is a very sweet middle aged white lady and she appeared to have gone through my application thoroughly and the moment we walked into her office, she said she doesn't have any questions about the validity of my marriage and she just need to verify some basic information and she would approve my green-card. Everything went very smooth. She just verified the stuff on the forms like my DOB, parents names, current address and when i came into US, what visa statuses i had and so on. And then the mandatory YES/NO questions from form I-485. And then she asked my wife if its her signature on the forms and she checked with me about my signatures as well. The interview lasted for about 15 or 20 minutes and at the end, she said she just approved the Green-card and she ordered for the card. I requested to see if she can place the I-551 stamp on my passport but she said it's only required if I am travelling within the next one or two weeks outside the USA. So I didn't get a stamp on my passport. She explained about the conditional residency and we need to apply for ROC in about 21 months and made us sign a document referring to the 2 year conditional residency and removal of conditions. And we thanked the Immigration officer for her help and support and she walked us out to the waiting area and we thanked her and said good bye for now.

 

So overall it was a great experience and very easy than i expected. The IO did't even ask for any originals or any documents. We brought with us a whole bunch of documents and 4 albums of pictures. But she did't even look at them. So I believe a strong application with good explanation letter about evolution of relationship helped us alot. The IO even commented it to my wife who wrote the "Evolution of relationship letter" that she loved how my wife explained everything in her letter addressing the officer.

 

I thank you all the VJ filers for their valuable support and advice they gave me through this AOS journey and I wish you all the very best and hoping for your AOS to go as smoothly as possible. 😁

Congratulations to you and your wife. It’s great to hear that the interview went smoothly. Well done. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...