485 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, yuni_yuni said:

Thank you!!

I can see you just joint the VJ forum? am i right?

so, Welcome to VJ Forum! if you want to know every member time line you can click the "time line" button also please complete your timeline also please...

my AOS NOA 1 December 27, 2018 and did the biometrics on January 22, 2019, how about you?

Wow! This is insane! 🎉 my pd is December 26 but I completed my bio on January 22 as well. Since January 25 it says bio review is completed! So I guess I’ll get some updates soon too YAY! 

Did you get any notifications when your case was transferred to the field office?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, UA21 said:

Wow! This is insane! 🎉 my pd is December 26 but I completed my bio on January 22 as well. Since January 25 it says bio review is completed! So I guess I’ll get some updates soon too YAY! 

Did you get any notifications when your case was transferred to the field office?

No, there is no notification for case transferred to Field office.

where  did you do the biometrics? im at Grand Rapids support center.

Edited by yuni_yuni

13 minutes ago, UA21 said:

Hi, I had j1 visa back in 2016, then applied for political asylum but while waiting for any news I got married and now applied through marriage (c9)

See, I was wondering because my bio appt was on Jan 24th and my interview is already scheduled. I'm adjusting from k1 and I think they do this category the fastest. That's what I have noticed here. But also, it's only a 2 day difference. Hope you hear something soon!

12 minutes ago, lusiaan said:

See, I was wondering because my bio appt was on Jan 24th and my interview is already scheduled. I'm adjusting from k1 and I think they do this category the fastest. That's what I have noticed here. But also, it's only a 2 day difference. Hope you hear something soon!

Thank you. I hope so I swear. Because sometimes they are not fair the way they schedule interviews. My husband was waiting for his citizenship interview for over a year when other people get it within 5-6 months..kills me... 

2 hours ago, UA21 said:

Thank you. I hope so I swear. Because sometimes they are not fair the way they schedule interviews. My husband was waiting for his citizenship interview for over a year when other people get it within 5-6 months..kills me... 

I completely understand your frustrations. Wishing you a fast process this time.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
15 hours ago, lusiaan said:

I really don't think it has to do with the category you are adjusting from. There is K1 waiting for months there is other categories waiting for months. It is all a matter of how they prioritize the applications. Of course some are more simple than others. Like my friend had 2 marriages 4 kids different divorces. It took him a lot more than others. Also depends where yu come from. I know people don't pay attention to that but USCIS is not like a all inclusive organization. There is more or less screening from country to country. 

2 hours ago, LisaLisa said:

I really don't think it has to do with the category you are adjusting from. There is K1 waiting for months there is other categories waiting for months. It is all a matter of how they prioritize the applications. Of course some are more simple than others. Like my friend had 2 marriages 4 kids different divorces. It took him a lot more than others. Also depends where yu come from. I know people don't pay attention to that but USCIS is not like a all inclusive organization. There is more or less screening from country to country. 

Oh yes, totally agree, it's not that simple. We can only guess what they take into consideration and it was my theory based on what I noticed, especially when it comes to B2 vs. K1 marriage. Didn't mean to misinform, should have pointed out that it was just a guess.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lusiaan said:

Oh yes, totally agree, it's not that simple. We can only guess what they take into consideration and it was my theory based on what I noticed, especially when it comes to B2 vs. K1 marriage. Didn't mean to misinform, should have pointed out that it was just a guess.

I mean of course and being a B2 visa and applying for AOS is crazy. But there is loops in the system and people know them and use them. Like the dude above with the J1 and the asylum. In my schools here in MI there is dozens of people that are from Eastern Europeans countries that clearly don't qualify for asylum. They apply for it then the application takes for ever to process and in the meanwhile they are scouting for someone to get married. Then they apply for AOS through marriage. Unethical yes, illegal well depends thousands of people still do that.   

Edited by LisaLisa

3 hours ago, LisaLisa said:

I mean of course and being a B2 visa and applying for AOS is crazy. But there is loops in the system and people know them and use them. Like the dude above with the J1 and the asylum. In my schools here in MI there is dozens of people that are from Eastern Europeans countries that clearly don't qualify for asylum. They apply for it then the application takes for ever to process and in the meanwhile they are scouting for someone to get married. Then they apply for AOS through marriage. Unethical yes, illegal well depends thousands of people still do that.   

Don’t judge everyone on someone’s experience! Not everyone applies for asylum for no reason..some people really need it! You don’t know my story too. And I’m not “scouting” anyone to get married to get papers! I have a daughter and I love my husband there’s no reason to wait for asylum for YEARS when I can go through AOS

Timeline
19 hours ago, UA21 said:

Don’t judge everyone on someone’s experience! Not everyone applies for asylum for no reason..some people really need it! You don’t know my story too. And I’m not “scouting” anyone to get married to get papers! I have a daughter and I love my husband there’s no reason to wait for asylum for YEARS when I can go through AOS

Not everyone is the same you are right. There is a reason why the majority of asylum applications are denied. It is extremely hard to get one. The majority of people that apply for them use them as an extension of time in order to settle their life here. I have been in this country for 6 years now and been part of immigration communities for a long time. You are not the first one. You know what it obviously works!!!

9 minutes ago, LisaLisa said:

Not everyone is the same you are right. There is a reason why the majority of asylum applications are denied. It is extremely hard to get one. The majority of people that apply for them use them as an extension of time in order to settle their life here. I have been in this country for 6 years now and been part of immigration communities for a long time. You are not the first one. You know what it obviously works!!!

Yes you’re absolutely right that works just like some fake marriages get approved as well. I just wish everyone who needs and deserves it to have a fast process for AOS🙏 Good luck everyone and let’s be respectful to each other and positive ✌🏼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.