TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

No need to number it. Just arrange it in particular order as stated in your cover letter. You can or you dont needย staple it. It doesnt matter. Whatever that works for the documents to be folded pleasantly.

I folded tri-fold and paper clipped it together.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucy&Jason said:

I presume you secure a copy of your RFE for future purposes...

Yes I made copies and scanned it and saved it on my computer as well.

I always scan and save... I also email to myself so I can always get to it from my email.if I need it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, Zumbadaddy said:

Yes I made copies and scanned it and saved it on my computer as well.

I always scan and save... I also email to myself so I can always get to it from my email.if I need it.

Alright...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, kabney110 said:

I cant take this anymore, my RFE still hasn't been sent, it's been almost a month! I'm 18 days into the 45 days they said to wait, I don't understand what's happening!!! Why is it just sitting there!?!

Call them tomorrow if you can ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ours has been sitting there for 15 days now.ย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sarah6422 said:

Call them tomorrow if you can ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ours has been sitting there for 15 days now.ย 

I call every day to see if anything has been sent...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
23 minutes ago, kabney110 said:

I call every day to see if anything has been sent...

What do they say when you call ย ? Iโ€™m gonna try the โ€œcan you fax it to usโ€ route todayย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Link is broken. Do you have a copy or can you tell us a bit what was in the article?

ย 

Screenshot_20180925-162356.jpg

Screenshot_20180925-162408.jpg

Screenshot_20180925-162439.jpg

Edited by JunandMay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, JunandMay said:

ย 

Screenshot_20180925-162356.jpg

Screenshot_20180925-162408.jpg

He was able to view it finally. And it's old news. Also, does not pertain to k1 visa. If u read the actual PDF file it on applies to family based and something else. Just woke up can't recall.

ย 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/AFM_10_Standards_for_RFEs_and_NOIDs_FINAL2.pdf

event.png

ย 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.doย OLD SITE

ย 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ย NEW SITE

ย 

https://www.house.gov/representativesย US Congressmenย 

ย 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfmย US Senatorsย 

ย 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date.ย 

They added 5 days onto everyoneโ€™s accepted onย NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
2 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

He was able to view it finally. And it's old news. Also, does not pertain to k1 visa. If u read the actual PDF file it on applies to family based and something else. Just woke up can't recall.

ย 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/AFM_10_Standards_for_RFEs_and_NOIDs_FINAL2.pdf

The K1 visa is considered a family-based visa--it is listed under family on the USCIS website. ย You are bringing your fiancรฉ to the U.S. to become your spouse, aka your family. ย Even if it didn't apply to K1, it very much applies to AOS after K1.

2018ย K1 Filing to Approval:ย 322 daysย (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed:ย Jan 26ย 2018

NOA1:ย Jan 29 2018 (old site),ย Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30;ย new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy:ย rec'd 9/4;ย ret'd 9/6ย (old site updated 9/7;ย new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]ย  (old site updated 10/5;ย new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018ย [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018ย 

Consulateย Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019ย :wub::dance:

2019ย AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Daysย (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019ย (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20ย 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice:ย Apr 15ย 2019 [I-485]ย (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview:ย May 17ย 2019ย [Cleveland, OH]

Approved:ย May 17ย 2019ย ย :dance:

Green Card Received:ย May 24ย 2019

2021ย ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Daysย (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021ย (delivered 3/12)

NOA1:ย Apr 5ย 2021ย (txt rcvdย 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9)ย 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd:ย Apr 30 2021

Approved:ย Sep 21ย 2022ย :dance:

Green Card Received:ย Sep 28 2022

2022ย N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Daysย (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022ย (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022ย (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022ย :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022ย :wow:๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

event.png

ย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, radharose said:

The K1 visa is considered a family-based visa--it is listed under family on the USCIS website. ย You are bringing your fiancรฉ to the U.S. to become your spouse, aka your family. ย Even if it didn't apply to K1, it very much applies to AOS after K1.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/family-based-immigrant-visas.html

ย 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-or-fiance-of-a-us-citizen.html

ย 

k1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa. Family based visas are immigrant visa.ย 

Which means there is a difference.ย 

Read the PDF file and you will see there is no mention of k1 fiancรฉ visa.ย 

event.png

ย 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.doย OLD SITE

ย 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ย NEW SITE

ย 

https://www.house.gov/representativesย US Congressmenย 

ย 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfmย US Senatorsย 

ย 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date.ย 

They added 5 days onto everyoneโ€™s accepted onย NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/family-based-immigrant-visas.html

ย 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-or-fiance-of-a-us-citizen.html

ย 

k1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa. Family based visas are immigrant visa.ย 

Which means there is a difference.ย 

Read the PDF file and you will see there is no mention of k1 fiancรฉ visa.ย 

Just because it is considered non-immigrant at the USCIS stage does not preclude it from being a family-based visa. ย I did read the PDF before I posted, and it doesn't mention K1, but it also doesn't specifically mention any other visa. ย It mentions family-based visas and does not clarify which visas fall under that category. ย The merit upon which a K1 is granted is the beneficiary's relationship to the petitioner, and intent to become their lawful family.

ย 

It's all very nebulous with K1, all I'm saying is, don't count it out so easily. ย I guess we'll findย out if people start getting denials for missing documents for I-129F.

2018ย K1 Filing to Approval:ย 322 daysย (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed:ย Jan 26ย 2018

NOA1:ย Jan 29 2018 (old site),ย Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30;ย new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy:ย rec'd 9/4;ย ret'd 9/6ย (old site updated 9/7;ย new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]ย  (old site updated 10/5;ย new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018ย [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018ย 

Consulateย Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019ย :wub::dance:

2019ย AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Daysย (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019ย (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20ย 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice:ย Apr 15ย 2019 [I-485]ย (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview:ย May 17ย 2019ย [Cleveland, OH]

Approved:ย May 17ย 2019ย ย :dance:

Green Card Received:ย May 24ย 2019

2021ย ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Daysย (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021ย (delivered 3/12)

NOA1:ย Apr 5ย 2021ย (txt rcvdย 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9)ย 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd:ย Apr 30 2021

Approved:ย Sep 21ย 2022ย :dance:

Green Card Received:ย Sep 28 2022

2022ย N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Daysย (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022ย (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022ย (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022ย :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022ย :wow:๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

event.png

ย 

I'd like to send out a tip to all.

ย 

When you respond to a posting and the posting you are quoting contains a graphic, there is a very good chance that we have seen the graphic from the original post so repeating it only takes up a lot of space. So here is the tip. Use the quote and when it populates for you to respond just click on the graphic and hit your back button or the delete key and only the highlighted graphic will disappear. The text will remain for your use. This makes for a cleaner thread and one that is easier to navigate.

ย 

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

ย 

12 minutes ago, radharose said:

Just because it is considered non-immigrant at the USCIS stage does not preclude it from being a family-based visa. ย I did read the PDF before I posted, and it doesn't mention K1, but it also doesn't specifically mention any other visa. ย It mentions family-based visas and does not clarify which visas fall under that category. ย The merit upon which a K1 is granted is the beneficiary's relationship to the petitioner, and intent to become their lawful family.

ย 

It's all very nebulous with K1, all I'm saying is, don't count it out so easily. ย I guess we'll findย out if people start getting denials for missing documents for I-129F.

I got a hold of the memo and read over it and there is so much in there to explain but it has nothing to do with K-1's. Basically if you are applying for a benefit (visa) and you are not eligible for that benefit or you are not using the benefit for its intended purpose then the adjudicator doesn't have to send you a RFE or a NOID. Just VOID. Done!

ย 

But if an application is received with an error or missing documentation and is the intended benefit then the adjudicator is obligated to complete the entire processing up to and not including the approval, but must combine all RFE's for that case into one request. If the adjudicator determines that the application is a "place setter" application, meaning they don't have all their information at the time of filling but hey USCIS will send an RFE and then I can respond with my missing documentation that I now have.ย  In the past they may send out a RFE letter then two weeks later send another RFE for a totally different circumstance tied to the original submission. The memo requires them to ask for everything in one letter.

ย 

So there are many good things in the memo. One just has to take the time to read for themselves and not rely on CNN or Betty Lou over in the Jamaican thread who is afraid that the sky is falling in on her K-1 visa with the intent that she is going to get denied.

ย 

Believe it or not the spirit of this letter was promulgated in the Obama Administration. This administration is only trying to get the rules so that they are followed. There isn't anything in there that is made up without a reason now or from the past.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

ย 

4 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

ย 

Agree this is not for K1 visas you can see it says to buy time basically for people already here . We are US citizens with no reason to buy time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Can you imagine we will donate it if anything all the time we waited for this hahahahaha @BJ & Christine

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.