MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Muna_93 said:

Awe, get better soon! But I know, it's hard. I let out a lot of my stress on my partner and I know it's so bad of me and that I need to stop letting this process affect our relationship. It's so hard... 

Thank you so much. Same here, I take it out on him too as if it’s his fault. I just can’t wait til this over.

12 hours ago, juineh said:

I just received my RFE in the mail and it says pages 10-12 are missing. We did indicate that we didn't have an interpreter/attorney/anybody else completing our forms on our behalf so I'm thinking maybe I just thought the blank pages weren't necessary to send? Though I don't know why I would have left the blank pages in my application and not sent them with his... I'm hoping it was just a ridiculous mistake because if I left them out of both then I'll be getting a 2nd RFE for the same thing 

Would they generally check everything else is there before sending an RFE?

I am sure that they would check everything before sending an RFE. From what I’ve seen the RFE would include everything they need. So the good news is 1. They didn’t reject it and 2. You are one step closer to receiving you noa2. After you submit what they ask for, it’s usuallt prettt quick after that. Keep us posted. 

5 hours ago, Muna_93 said:

Lol trust me, you are not alone! I like this saying: "Hold the vision, trust the process". Hopefully good news for all of us soon 🙏🙏

I believe that all relationships going through something like this suffer a bit. Makes me wonder sometimes if they have bets going on in these service centers as to which couples last. I surprise myself in thinking this way, but In all reality, My thought process has changed a bit going through this. I don’t want to admit it at times but it’s made me a little angry. I just hope that us Aug filers don’t hit the 9 month mark. I was finally able to search the app and was really shocked at how many receipt numbers there were just for my priority date alone. Truly unreal. 

1 minute ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I believe that all relationships going through something like this suffer a bit. Makes me wonder sometimes if they have bets going on in these service centers as to which couples last. I surprise myself in thinking this way, but In all reality, My thought process has changed a bit going through this. I don’t want to admit it at times but it’s made me a little angry. I just hope that us Aug filers don’t hit the 9 month mark. I was finally able to search the app and was really shocked at how many receipt numbers there were just for my priority date alone. Truly unreal. 

Hey? What app are you taking about?

7 hours ago, MK23 said:

Hey? What app are you taking about?

Just now, inneedofmyhb said:

This app. It’s the first one that shows up when you type on uscis in App Store. 

43933AD4-E626-44FB-8F1E-969213447CCE.jpeg

Guys!!!!!!! My case was updated...I received text message!!!! RFE in its way. Asking for “initial” evidence!!! I am remembering someone saying “initial” evidence is different from additional evidence!! But they touched my case...

5 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Guys!!!!!!! My case was updated...I received text message!!!! RFE in its way. Asking for “initial” evidence!!! I am remembering someone saying “initial” evidence is different from additional evidence!! But they touched my case...

Omg, yay! What's the difference between 'initial' and 'additional'? Not long for you now!! 

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

15 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

Omg, yay! What's the difference between 'initial' and 'additional'? Not long for you now!! 

Thank you!!! I can’t stop shaking!!! From what I know, when it says initia evidence it’s something to do with the evidence mailed with the petition. When it says additional, they want more proof. 

28 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

How do I update my timeline?

2 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

How do I update my timeline?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/ and then Edit/Add my entry.

Okay, so sounds like initial evidence is better than additional. Hopefully, it's something minor like a missing signature or something. Let us know when you get the letter in the mail. And try to relax, I know it's nerve-wracking right now!

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

34 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

Initial is something you should have submitted with your packet when you sent it, should be something from the list in their I-130 form directions. Additional is when they want more proof on top of what you sent them.

15 minutes ago, amapru said:

Initial is something you should have submitted with your packet when you sent it, should be something from the list in their I-130 form directions. Additional is when they want more proof on top of what you sent them.

And to think a lawyer filed for us. 

Just now, inneedofmyhb said:

And to think a lawyer filed for us. 

They are the worst. I’ve got one too...always seems like I’m more knowledgeable (about this) than them.

Do let us know what it was about because trust me there are way too many of these RFE for initial for August filers so far, it’s unreal. Maybe they lost paperwork from packets who knows. 

1 minute ago, amapru said:

They are the worst. I’ve got one too...always seems like I’m more knowledgeable (about this) than them.

Do let us know what it was about because trust me there are way too many of these RFE for initial for August filers so far, it’s unreal. Maybe they lost paperwork from packets who knows. 

Yes, there do seem to be an awful lot of these! There was also a huge gap between beginning of July and mid-July. Cases just stopped being approved for like a month or so. Wonder what's going on..

And honestly, most of the 'easy mistakes' that I've seen have always been from cases with lawyers! Wth!

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.