Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Oluwasegun said:

Hello everyone, pls who knows tge minimum amount of money the petitioner should be making in order to support the beneficiary on the affidavit of support for consulate/embassy processing?

Check here for the amount that you'll need for your household size. https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

10 minutes ago, brigimigi said:

For the I-134 for the K1 visa it’s the 100% of the HHS Poverty Guidelines: $16,460.

But be careful, when you file for AOS you will have to submit another Affidavit of support i think it’s the form I-864 and you will need 125% which is $20,575. 

You are 98% correct but the caveat is that some Embassies will use 100% at interview while others will use 125%. So if the couple are beyond the 100% threshold and not at or greater then the 125% that is something they will have to take into consideration because it could come back to bite them if not careful.

My suggestion is to contact the Embassy via email and inquire as to what limits their Embassy is using. Of course this is not necessary if the couple is above the 125% level. There is no need to bother.

Second suggestion is if they are close then the petitioner should think about getting a part time job that will take them over the required amount. Once they are approved the PT job is not necessary if they can live on their current earnings or any future earnings from the beneficiary. (assuming that is their plan)

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, A_R said:

Hello,

My case status changed to Ready today but in that the case number originally given by NVC is followed by 01 BMB. Any idea what is that? As while booking appointment I have entered the case number given by NVC.

It's rare to see that condition but it has NO baring on your visa approval or application. "01" is that you are the first and if there are any K2's involved then you'll see 02 for the second and 03 for the third and so on and so forth till your "family group" is exhausted. BMB is the 3 digit signifier for the Mumbai US Embassy.

Does your case number start with BMBXXXXXXXXX?

Greenbaum's Tips:

How to Find Out WHEN Your Case Number was Assigned

For those that don't call every single day and want to know exactly what date their case number was assigned, there's an easy way to find out that simply involves looking at your case number. The first three letters are the three-letter consulate/embassy code. The next four numbers are the year the case number was assigned. The next three numbers are the Julian date it was assigned, plus 500. And finally, the last three numbers are the sequential order of when it was assigned that date. You can find a chart with Julian dates here [10].

For example: MTL2014815162. Let's put some lines in to divide it up. So: MTL|2014|815|162. This means that this case is going through Montreal and the number was assigned on November 11th, 2014, and it was the 162nd case that day to be assigned a number.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, Briggy said:

Many thanks to you greenbaum really appreciate what you do for us here on the forum. by helping us with your vast knowledge and experience.

Thanks for the accolades. Much appreciated. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Check here for the amount that you'll need for your household size. https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

You are 98% correct but the caveat is that some Embassies will use 100% at interview while others will use 125%. So if the couple are beyond the 100% threshold and not at or greater then the 125% that is something they will have to take into consideration because it could come back to bite them if not careful.

My suggestion is to contact the Embassy via email and inquire as to what limits their Embassy is using. Of course this is not necessary if the couple is above the 125% level. There is no need to bother.

Second suggestion is if they are close then the petitioner should think about getting a part time job that will take them over the required amount. Once they are approved the PT job is not necessary if they can live on their current earnings or any future earnings from the beneficiary. (assuming that is their plan)

thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, Briggy said:

A question to greenbaum or anyone with the know how. What do i do next now that the file as been sent from nvc to the U.S. embassy in Kingston jamaica. ? I read some instructions on the website that nvc sent but am still a little confused. Thanks in advance guys.

Hey I think we came in the same batch on Tuesday... Fill out the ds160 I will send you the link to book the medical and interview

Edited by Jeffreyyu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, A_R said:

Hello,

My case status changed to Ready today but in that the case number originally given by NVC is followed by 01 BMB. Any idea what is that? As while booking appointment I have entered the case number given by NVC.

I notice the embassy add 01 to my file was wondering what its about

30 minutes ago, Jeffreyyu said:

I notice the embassy add 01 to my file was wondering what its about

It's something new that has popped up when there is only a K1 involved. Years past there was only the one case number. If you have K2's on the application then there approval will be mom's case number and hers will be 01 and the first K2 is 02 and the third 03 so on and so forth.

So if none of the conditions are similar to yours, just ignore the 01 and don't use it to search for anything because you will get an error every time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, Alex Lamarre said:

Hello Folks,

How much time its take to receive the appointement letter from the ambassy (P4)

it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in DR and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in DR and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/

Thank you.

Medical done this morning, she said it was easy breezy (she was nervous wreck 🤣) Hopefully they will send the medical report by next Friday for our interview the following Monday. Fingers crossed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, aminkowz said:

Medical done this morning, she said it was easy breezy (she was nervous wreck 🤣) Hopefully they will send the medical report by next Friday for our interview the following Monday. Fingers crossed. 

Had mine this morning also, was very easy and very quick even though it was very busy. Heres to hoping for a speedy turn around.

39 minutes ago, Jack & Samantha said:

Had mine this morning also, was very easy and very quick even though it was very busy. Heres to hoping for a speedy turn around.

Nice, when is your interview date?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been getting conflicting information in my research so I wanted to ask in here.

My fiance has to undergo the sputum test and we're going to be delayed 2 months. Since the embassy already has our case, I don't need to extend our NOA2, correct? It reads that it's only valid until 12/30/2018.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.