Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Oh okay. Yeah that helps. I know how it works here I'm Brazil at the embassy stage and all. I just wasn't sure how they treated the petitions while at NVC. So like, would a petition from Brazil be processed at the same rate as petition from Mexico and stuff like that.

Do you know if NVC will accommodate beneficiaries that call? Bc USCIS was always reluctant to give me information when I called lol. Out of all the times I called I managed to get information 3 times 😐

Depends on the agent that answers the phone. Some do and some don't.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, crono_clone said:

Just curious, why would they be upset?

Coz I am Moving country and they love me? They’ll miss me? My sister just had her first baby. It’s sad.. 

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Timeline

In other news (I am UK beneficiary) I got my vaccination record and Patient Summary today from my doctor, it was really easy for her to print out.

Cant wait for the NVC number already!! 

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

No NVC does not do background check. I think you read into my post as I didn't mention that they did.

I have actually read that NVC does do a background check.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/resources-congress/testimonies-and-speeches/hearing-vows-visas-investigating-k-1-fiance-fraud-senate-committee-judiciary-march-15-2017

An approved Form I-129F means only that USCIS recognizes the claimed relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary—an approved petition in and of itself does not grant an immigration benefit. The approval does not permit the fiancé(e) to travel to the United States, nor does it grant any immigration status or guarantee that DOS will issue a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. Similarly, having a nonimmigrant visa does not guarantee that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will admit the visa holder to the United States.

On approval of the Form I-129F, the fiancé(e) has four months within which to apply to DOS for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. USCIS sends the approved petition to the DOS National Visa Center, which forwards it to the embassy or consulate where the fiancé(e) will apply for the visa. Generally, this is the embassy or consulate in the area where the fiancé(e) lives.

As part of its adjudication process, DOS ensures that the fiancé(e) is eligible for a nonimmigrant visa under the requested classification, and is admissible to the United States. DOS conducts background checks on the visa applicant, including fingerprints and checks of DOS systems and other interagency databases. A visa application interview is also conducted by a consular adjudicator.

14 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

I have actually read that NVC does do a background check.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/resources-congress/testimonies-and-speeches/hearing-vows-visas-investigating-k-1-fiance-fraud-senate-committee-judiciary-march-15-2017 

An approved Form I-129F means only that USCIS recognizes the claimed relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary—an approved petition in and of itself does not grant an immigration benefit. The approval does not permit the fiancé(e) to travel to the United States, nor does it grant any immigration status or guarantee that DOS will issue a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. Similarly, having a nonimmigrant visa does not guarantee that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will admit the visa holder to the United States.

On approval of the Form I-129F, the fiancé(e) has four months within which to apply to DOS for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. USCIS sends the approved petition to the DOS National Visa Center, which forwards it to the embassy or consulate where the fiancé(e) will apply for the visa. Generally, this is the embassy or consulate in the area where the fiancé(e) lives.

As part of its adjudication process, DOS ensures that the fiancé(e) is eligible for a nonimmigrant visa under the requested classification, and is admissible to the United States. DOS conducts background checks on the visa applicant, including fingerprints and checks of DOS systems and other interagency databases. A visa application interview is also conducted by a consular adjudicator.

Let me point out a few things. DOS = Embassy. At the Embassy beneficiary will meet face to face with the adjudicator known as the CO for the first time. This is the time that they can physically draw fingerprints from the beneficiary. They then use those fingerprints to check the DOS systems for the true identity of the individual and any history of visa fraud and or the character integrity of the beneficiary. That's pretty much all the "background" checks they do. NVC is not involved at this stage nor do they have responsibility for any background checks. If in their reviews prior to issuing a case number NVC can and do at times, send the case back to USCIS to correct any deficiency(ies).

So NVC does not do background checks but USCIS and the Embassy does.

The article was most informative and I appreciate the link. I think that if every petitioner and beneficiary were to read that document this room would be silent as there wouldn't be any complaining. Ah shucks, did I just say that. I know, there will always be complaining. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, FromBtoZ said:

Coz I am Moving country and they love me? They’ll miss me? My sister just had her first baby. It’s sad.. 

Ah I see, when you said upset I thought you meant they were angry with you. But maybe there's a little bit of that too. It's always sad when you're losing someone, even when you want to be happy for them and know that this is what they want. 

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me out. I called the nvc and received my case number the lady on the phone said it hasn’t been sent to the embassy yet so I’m trying to figure out which steps are next. I logged in on the nvc website and it just say ds-160 it doesn’t say anything about our case information so should we just fill that out? Also I can’t seem to find the p3 for Serbia anywhere I’ve read they send it by email but I can’t remember giving our email so I’m umsure how we will receive the p3.

5 hours ago, SteveT1863 said:

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me out. I called the nvc and received my case number the lady on the phone said it hasn’t been sent to the embassy yet so I’m trying to figure out which steps are next. I logged in on the nvc website and it just say ds-160 it doesn’t say anything about our case information so should we just fill that out? Also I can’t seem to find the p3 for Serbia anywhere I’ve read they send it by email but I can’t remember giving our email so I’m umsure how we will receive the p3.

The first step is this: Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Has anyone from sep 7th noa2 approval  got case number from nvc ? Iknow it hasnt been atleast 15 days but just curious . 

10 hours ago, SteveT1863 said:

Check status here 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Next batches sent to embassies will be on October 2

3 hours ago, JayHouser said:

Hey so my case was approved Sept 1st on the paperwork and sept 4th old site but it says last update sept14th. Any clue why?

Does approve mean your NOA2 or your case number? Can't tell which from your post.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

11 hours ago, SteveT1863 said:

I don't have the P3 instructions for your Embassy. If and when you get a copy if you could share with me then I would be able to share with others who come behind you.  Here are a few things that I did find the can be used as a primer.

From the Serbia Embassy's website: Interviews are by appointment only! You will receive an appointment when you have submitted your notice of readiness confirming that you have all the required paperwork in your possession. Embassy Belgrade will notify you of your interview date and time and paying the MRV application fee by an appointment letter.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:
    • Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
    • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
    • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
    • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
    • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
    • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
    • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
    • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
    • Payment of fees, as explained below
Note: The consular officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Serbia portal here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Serbia&cty=Belgrade

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

NVC Received yesterday. It's almost over!! Thank you Lord

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

I-129F Sent back due to fee error Feb 19, 2018

I-129-F Sent again February 20, 2018

NOA1 Received February 26, 2018 (Old Site)

NOA1 Received March 1, 2018 (New Site)

Check Cashed March 2, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Interview......February 7, 2019

Visa In Hand......February 14, 2019

POE.......February 28, 2019

Wedding Date March 6, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.