The Nature  Boy

Retired Indy 500 driver Derek Daly fired from TV job for use of N-word 35 years ago

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

No statute of limitations?  Good grief.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I heard his son lost his NASCAR sponsorship over the same thing.  They must be part of the MDL as no one on the right is forgiveable no matter how long.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

I think they should be castrated to prevent them from procreating and further violating someone's sensibilities

Next time I am called a white boy or Caspar I will demand that the person is fired

5 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

im confused, who fired this guy? wasn't it his employer? is this in a 'right to work' state?

Probably but even you I think would consider this as the punishment not fitting the crime, if you are so offended by the fathers 4 decade old statement I can see the right to work aspect being a possible cause but why was his son fired? Guilt by blood?

2 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Probably but even you I think would consider this as the punishment not fitting the crime, if you are so offended by the fathers 4 decade old statement I can see the right to work aspect being a possible cause but why was his son fired? Guilt by blood?

in a right to work state, an employer doesnt need to be just. i dont understand throwing blame at the mdl for the employer's actions given the employer could fire him and 

give no reason at all. that's the breaks.

I didn't say the MDL I said that it seems unreasonable to:

1. Fire someone for a 4 decades old comment

2. Fire a family member for comments made before they were born

Perhaps you believe that the son can be punished for the sins of the father or that both scenarios warrant the ending of their respective employment.

Do you also believe Charles Barkley should be fired for his joking comments on hating whites?

Jesse Jackson for referring to New York as heimie town?

Farrakhan for being a bigoted tool?

10 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I didn't say the MDL I said that it seems unreasonable to:

1. Fire someone for a 4 decades old comment

2. Fire a family member for comments made before they were born

Perhaps you believe that the son can be punished for the sins of the father or that both scenarios warrant the ending of their respective employment.

Do you also believe Charles Barkley should be fired for his joking comments on hating whites?

Jesse Jackson for referring to New York as heimie town?

Farrakhan for being a bigoted tool?

i don't get the comparison. 

i don't know why his son lost a sponsorship (not the same as being fired) but i'm fairly certain it doesn't matter what anyone thinks is fair or who else has a job that you think shouldn't. employers can fire whoever, whenever so all outrage should be focused on that unreasonable premise. if you believe that employers should retain this ability to fire whoever, whenever you don't get to cry foul when employers do just that.

11 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i don't get the comparison. 

i don't know why his son lost a sponsorship (not the same as being fired) but i'm fairly certain it doesn't matter what anyone thinks is fair or who else has a job that you think shouldn't. employers can fire whoever, whenever so all outrage should be focused on that unreasonable premise. if you believe that employers should retain this ability to fire whoever, whenever you don't get to cry foul when employers do just that.

Not at all, I asked your opinion, and unreasonable does not equate to unfair.

You have views I don't comprehend or always agree with but I respect your opinion and was curious how you felt, but feel free to state what my motivation is because I am conservative

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

im confused, who fired this guy? wasn't it his employer? is this in a 'right to work' state?

His employer (the father’s) is more than within their rights to fire him just as the son’s sponsor is within their rights to pull a sponsorship.  I think the issue here is the double standard, if a supposed conservative person does something 40 years ago and has no track record of maintaining this they are still guilty according to our biased media and the PC world they helped create.  If a Left Wing individual does something equally as bad, forgiveness is given almost immediately.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

Not at all, I asked your opinion, and unreasonable does not equate to unfair.

You have views I don't comprehend or always agree with but I respect your opinion and was curious how you felt, but feel free to state what my motivation is because I am conservative

i didn't say anything about your motivation, i was giving my opinion - just like you were stating yours.

1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

His employer (the father’s) is more than within their rights to fire him just as the son’s sponsor is within their rights to pull a sponsorship.  I think the issue here is the double standard, if a supposed conservative person does something 40 years ago and has no track record of maintaining this they are still guilty according to our biased media and the PC world they helped create.  If a Left Wing individual does something equally as bad, forgiveness is given almost immediately.

so you think if this guy and his son were liberals (i don't know that either of these guys are conservatives, i don't know anything about them except one of them is from australia or something) the would still have their job/sponsorship?

27 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i didn't say anything about your motivation, i was giving my opinion - just like you were stating yours.

if you believe that employers should retain this ability to fire whoever, whenever you don't get to cry foul when employers do just that.

Your words not mine above, that sounds like you are calling my motivation into question, but feel free to not answer my question about your opinion