TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SilverMonk said:

Hey there Greenbaum. Yeah I had read that interview with the xuscis agent and the background check process with the different agencies. Sadly, it doesn't inform when the background checks take place (at least i was not able to find anything) within the adjudication process. Do you know if the security checks are done before an agent sits down to analyze our petitions? Or does an agent first adjudicate a petition and then sends it off for background checks?

Let's look at this logically. Let's say there is something in your background and if your case is adjudicator prior to the background check at what time does the background come into play? Not at NVC as their responsibility is to assign a case number after checking to see their is a billet left for your Embassy. If you get as far as the Embassy interview and still no-one knows you have a issue in your background and the Embassy reviews your file and sees that issue in your background then look at all the resources that have used thus far not to mention the money you have spent.

So in my opinion it's going to be done first and then the adjudication. Because till the issue in the background gets resolve why spend the time to look at all the evidence.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

It's your lucky day. Greenbaum has information that may set you free. Just leave a nickel in the cup. :D

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/privacy/privacy_pia_uscis_ibbcs.pdf

As part of its benefits adjudication process and as required by law, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) conducts background checks on petitioners and applicants who seek certain immigration benefits. These background checks consist of four separate checks against systems within Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). In order to facilitate the collection and transmission of information necessary to complete background check processes, USCIS maintains five information technology electronic systems: the Fingerprint Masthead Notification System (FMNS), the Customer Identity Capture System (CICS), the FD-258 Tracking System - Mainframe (FD-258 MF), the Benefits Biometrics Support System (BBSS), and the Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Manifest. USCIS is conducting this privacy impact assessment (PIA) because FMNS, CICS, FD-258 MF, BBSS, and IBIS Manifest collect, use, and share personally identifiable information (PII). This PIA replaces the previously published USCIS PIA for the "Background Check Service (BCS)" which describes planned background check-related systems that were never implemented. Upon publication of this PIA, the BCS PIA will be retired.

And two days ago I posted an interview that was taken from an XUSICS agent who spoke about his job as adjudicator and what steps they took to come to a conclusion. Go back a few tabs and you may find the link. :thumbs:

Thank you very much, that write up is very helpful to provide insight into the USCIS black box! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Let's look at this logically. Let's say there is something in your background and if your case is adjudicator prior to the background check at what time does the background come into play? Not at NVC as their responsibility is to assign a case number after checking to see their is a billet left for your Embassy. If you get as far as the Embassy interview and still no-one knows you have a issue in your background and the Embassy reviews your file and sees that issue in your background then look at all the resources that have used thus far not to mention the money you have spent.

So in my opinion it's going to be done first and then the adjudication. Because till the issue in the background gets resolve why spend the time to look at all the evidence.

True. That's more or less what I said the other day and was thinking here. That the more logical way is to background check and then adjudicate. Although I was wishing it was adjudication and then background checks. That way I can have the hope of hearing something soon lol Bc if my case is still at background checks. Then I shouldn't expect to be adjudicated anytime soon 😔 And idk why mine is taking so long. We're a young couple, no kids, no ex's, no travels other to each other's country, met in person, no arrests ever, not even a parking ticket. So idk what the deal is. I know people with previous arrest records getting approved while we wait.

There's also an argument to be made the other way around. Why do background checks if the adjudicator might deny a case. But they probably deny more cases during the background check phase than any other, that's probably why its first lol.

But thank you for your insight. I appreciate it.

28 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

True. That's more or less what I said the other day and was thinking here. That the more logical way is to background check and then adjudicate. Although I was wishing it was adjudication and then background checks. That way I can have the hope of hearing something soon lol Bc if my case is still at background checks. Then I shouldn't expect to be adjudicated anytime soon 😔 And idk why mine is taking so long. We're a young couple, no kids, no ex's, no travels other to each other's country, met in person, no arrests ever, not even a parking ticket. So idk what the deal is. I know people with previous arrest records getting approved while we wait.

There's also an argument to be made the other way around. Why do background checks if the adjudicator might deny a case. But they probably deny more cases during the background check phase than any other, that's probably why its first lol.

But thank you for your insight. I appreciate it.

To try and figure this process is fruitless and will only cause additional angst before it is all over.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, Ivan871 said:

Hello everybody,

finally after 2 enquiries and almost 230 days of waiting we got our APPROVAL

no RFEs

it showed only on old website and mobile application;

nothing on new website, no hard copy, no email, no text messages;

hope this is not an issue

Congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

Is there any other pages? If not then check the appropriate box and sign rfe send back

3 hours ago, D&B said:

I wish there were some very clear instructions on what USCIS exactly requires with an RFE but here's what I would do if this were my RFE. I would definitely sign right beside where you check the answer no, and me being me, would also send it in with a cover letter indicating the missing information has been provided and detailing the missing information in the cover letter. For example, "as per your request, we have completed the missing question on page #, part #, item #, and wish to confirm that "name" has never been married." I know this may be overkill but just letting you know how I would handle this....

Just only a 1 page form. They sent back the original page missing for an answer. Do we need to send back proof of him being single? What evidences we need to provide being single? And there’s a name of an officer who adjudicate it. Do we need to address to her our response letter? Thanks guys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ivan871 said:

Hello everybody,

finally after 2 enquiries and almost 230 days of waiting we got our APPROVAL

no RFEs

it showed only on old website and mobile application;

nothing on new website, no hard copy, no email, no text messages;

hope this is not an issue

Congratulations!

@Lucy&Jason finally! Happy you’ve finally received your RFE! Approval is so close now :) 

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Snuffles said:

Congratulations!

@Lucy&Jason finally! Happy you’ve finally received your RFE! Approval is so close now :) 

Thank you my friend.. I am praying you’ll be hearing something about yours soon.🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

On my way to see my fiancee now in San Salvador. I was hoping for NOA2 by then but didn't happen. Tomorrow is 240 days so 8 months.

Timeline
5 hours ago, kmza89 said:

OMG!!! Ours is still out there.. Where are you located? what's the rFE about?

Friend @kmza89 our RFE is just a missing answer in Question 37, if he has been married or not. Jason is from Michigan. I know yours is on the way. 🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

So I checked both websites when I got home from work, and:

277530797_ScreenShot2018-08-30at6_23_43PM.png.c172b6e09af5f14cd9bdc5399455b88a.png

No update on the new site.  I hope they have actually mailed something and not just requested an RFE...I guess we'll find out soon enough.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well We received today the letter for rfe!!! It says we missed sending page 2 of the form. Who knows I am sure we send it. I check that package like 20 times before sending it. And thats all they want. I was afraid it had to do something with my divorce or something with my kids because they are usa citizens from last marriage. Or something with custody even though I have full custody of them. But I hope after this we can move forward! 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, GP1977 said:

Yes that is correct. It’s taking anywhere from 10-15 business days after noa2 to get your case number from nvc and it’s also my understanding they send out cases every 2 weeks. The last batch went out Aug 21 but there were people who got their case number aug 17 and didn’t get sent out in that batch. I am 11 business days waiting and should get any day now but recognize I might not get sent out sept 4 and then have to wait another 2 weeks. Patience patience patience 

Hello during this process what other steps do I need to take as the petitioner?   Is there any government forms or documents that I need to submit and can you please direct the best place to access information of this next step.

thanks in advance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Just only a 1 page form. They sent back the original page missing for an answer. Do we need to send back proof of him being single? What evidences we need to provide being single? And there’s a name of an officer who adjudicate it. Do we need to address to her our response letter? Thanks guys.

Best answer I can give u is.... do as the adjuster has requested. Read and reread what was sent and asked for before u seal the envelope and mail it back in.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
1 hour ago, JDY said:

Well We received today the letter for rfe!!! It says we missed sending page 2 of the form. Who knows I am sure we send it. I check that package like 20 times before sending it. And thats all they want. I was afraid it had to do something with my divorce or something with my kids because they are usa citizens from last marriage. Or something with custody even though I have full custody of them. But I hope after this we can move forward! 

My friend just do it and send it right away... I’m happy it’s just an easy one to fix same us ours.. we got this rolling. Will send ours tomorrow to USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.