TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I experienced a moment of pure excitement yesterday when I saw the Informed Delivery was showing an USCIS envelope. Soon after talking to my fiancé I realized that it was not an approval, it didn't have the typical "1 of 1", it showed "Dear xx". Well, I spent the entire rest of my day and night waiting for my fiancé to leave work early and to begin his spy hunt on a mailman. It was so hilarious 😂And we got what I expected (but of course I went through NOID scenarios as well🙈), our inquiry response 😂It is bittersweet, I really wanted it to be our NOA2, but this is a movement! Also, I think that because we inquired via phone, we got the response by mail, not an email (they actually mentioned the word "mail" but I thought it was just a confusion).  So keep checking your mailbox, @Snuffles😊

40028912_290819648365775_8261442273292582912_n.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

Hey guys,

I experienced a moment of pure excitement yesterday when I saw the Informed Delivery was showing an USCIS envelope. Soon after talking to my fiancé I realized that it was not an approval, it didn't have the typical "1 of 1", it showed "Dear xx". Well, I spent the entire rest of my day and night waiting for my fiancé to leave work early and to begin his spy hunt on a mailman. It was so hilarious 😂And we got what I expected (but of course I went through NOID scenarios as well🙈), our inquiry response 😂It is bittersweet, I really wanted it to be our NOA2, but this is a movement! Also, I think that because we inquired via phone, we got the response by mail, not an email (they actually mentioned the word "mail" but I thought it was just a confusion).  So keep checking your mailbox, @Snuffles😊

Oh! How slightly exciting! Sorry it wasn’t an NOA2. Imagine that!!!!! 

That makes sense, then, that we will get it by mail since we inquired by phone. I was thinking she said that because we were getting a NOID or a ‘decision notice’ (I remember seeing that on the scans we used to run). I’ll make sure to inform fiancé about this so he’s aware AND so he doesn’t get *too* excited if he sees something in his informed delivery. Thanks for the heads up! 

event.png

2 hours ago, Snuffles said:

I'm just going to spout out thoughts. I know no one will be able to give an answer- really. 

I'm just nervous over the, 'a decision has not been made yet.' Does that mean they've started on our case? And what could be holding up the 'decision'? 

We knew from the beginning to expect an RFE. Our passport photos slipped out of our petition (and we didn't realise until we got home and went through our folder and voila they were there NOT in the post with the petition). We tried to send them back with a new cover letter explaining our oversight (and stupidity, really) but they sent it back so we figured we'd wait for an RFE. Now the new policy (of which I do understand why) is making me a tad nervous that we could just get a denial instead. 

*sigh* I'm trying to keep busy. We just want to know either way. If they will deny us, just tell us and we can work on plan B- whatever that is. 

*IF* they deny us, for not submitting required documents, does that mean we could reapply as long as we quadruple check we include e v e r y t h i n g? Or don't bother repplying...? Just a, hopefully, hypothetical question. 

And his boss still can't confirm whether he can take time off in October or not. I don't mean to be a downer! I honestly just want to get confirmation of his time off so we at least have a trip to look forward to! ☺️

Sweetie, I don't think you would get denied for missing passport photos. Those people who have been denied missed a whole bunch of stuff in one package! I bet you yourself saw much more cases missing those pictures and getting just RFE than those getting denied. The denied ones just stand out more and that is why you remember them much more but don't forget about those other cases getting just an easily-fixed RFE🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
59 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

Hey guys,

Congratulations on hearing from uscis.

but, I believe ur wac# is on very bottom of page. May wanna delete that as well..

best of of luck moving forward.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
3 hours ago, I.Kat said:

Sweetie, I don't think you would get denied for missing passport photos. Those people who have been denied missed a whole bunch of stuff in one package! I bet you yourself saw much more cases missing those pictures and getting just RFE than those getting denied. The denied ones just stand out more and that is why you remember them much more but don't forget about those other cases getting just an easily-fixed RFE🤗

Thanks lovely. That is reassuring to read. :) I won’t get myself worked up over this. It’s not worth it. Just take it day by day. 

event.png

10 hours ago, VickeySis said:

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share what happened today....

Called USCIS 1st time tier one immediately transferred me to tier 2, left full name and was told 125minute wait time. Received call from tier 2 @5:10pm CST and was told “yes I see they took action on your case, you will receive notice in the mail 1-2 weeks” refused to tell me what action, and that they could not tell me whether approved or not....I hung up the phone with a feeling of something wasn’t right...I immediately called back and told tier 1 that I was just speaking to tier 2 about my case and that she was getting ready to tell me status of my case when it disconnected...white lie yes I know, tier 1 Ashley said; “oh on the 23rd they APPROVED your case you will receive notice in a few days!” 

I am still in complete shock at the same time it’s crazy how if it wasn’t for my gut telling me to call back I would have waited until Monday.... to my dear friends waiting.....KEEP CALLING everyone knows the answers to our questions so DON’T give up and don’t settle for the first time!!!!!!!!! 

Congrats my friend! So happy for u!

11 hours ago, Clecuona said:

OH and website isn’t updated yet 

congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

7 hours ago, Snuffles said:

I'm just going to spout out thoughts. I know no one will be able to give an answer- really. 

I'm just nervous over the, 'a decision has not been made yet.' Does that mean they've started on our case? And what could be holding up the 'decision'? 

We knew from the beginning to expect an RFE. Our passport photos slipped out of our petition (and we didn't realise until we got home and went through our folder and voila they were there NOT in the post with the petition). We tried to send them back with a new cover letter explaining our oversight (and stupidity, really) but they sent it back so we figured we'd wait for an RFE. Now the new policy (of which I do understand why) is making me a tad nervous that we could just get a denial instead. 

*sigh* I'm trying to keep busy. We just want to know either way. If they will deny us, just tell us and we can work on plan B- whatever that is. 

*IF* they deny us, for not submitting required documents, does that mean we could reapply as long as we quadruple check we include e v e r y t h i n g? Or don't bother repplying...? Just a, hopefully, hypothetical question. 

And his boss still can't confirm whether he can take time off in October or not. I don't mean to be a downer! I honestly just want to get confirmation of his time off so we at least have a trip to look forward to! ☺️

Its ok my friend we all have downer days! However keep ur chin up and don't over think....remember we can't think for USCIS because they aren't normal thinking people.... Ur approval is coming hang in there!

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Timeline
35 minutes ago, LuFlolady said:

Its ok my friend we all have downer days! However keep ur chin up and don't over think....remember we can't think for USCIS because they aren't normal thinking people.... Ur approval is coming hang in there!

Thanks ❤️ I’m queen of overthinking 😂😂😂 I really need to stop 😆

event.png

29 minutes ago, Snuffles said:

Thanks ❤️ I’m queen of overthinking 😂😂😂 I really need to stop 😆

Yep take a breather and step away from vJ I have vowed to only log in now twice a day in the morning and at night

Luflolady

Jan 29th NOA1

AOS

Oct. 30th AOS approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Snuffles have u not heard anything yet? 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
21 hours ago, Duane & Haney said:

OK, Adam, very helpful. Appreciate it! 🙂

three questions:

1. Is there any specific information I should have ready for the Tier 2, besides my NOA1, etc.? - WAC#

2. I'm reading here as well that submitting the inquiry online may have been a mistake? - I don’t 

3. I'm just trying to move things forward and keep my future bride calm, is the e-mail to the Ombudsman and senators / representatives something I should do now / doesn't matter / hold off for a few weeks?

Thanks to all for your incredible help, this website has been a light spot (blazing) in what can otherwise be a long and dark process!

Duane & Haney

1. Is there any specific information I should have ready for the Tier 2, besides my NOA1, etc.? - WAC#

2. I'm reading here as well that submitting the inquiry online may have been a mistake? - I don’t I think that making an inquiry is a mistake in any capacity. Just keep doing everything you can.

3. I'm just trying to move things forward and keep my future bride calm, is the e-mail to the Ombudsman and senators / representatives something I should do now / doesn't matter / hold off for a few weeks? I haven’t done this, so I can’t give you an accurate answer your question.

Hope this helps! Just call and don’t be scared. I’ve called many many times and everybody I’ve spoken to has been friendly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
21 hours ago, Adam Zollinger said:

Call the USCIS # and tell them you don't have your receipt number. Then they will connect you to a Tier 1 agent. Tell the Tier 1 agent that you want to speak to Tier 2. They will transfer you and if the hold time is crazy long, they will call you back so you do not have to stay on the phone. I call every few days. It is easy. 

I called today, Saturday at 10:00AM EST, but there was no option to speak to a Tier 1, even though the USCIS website indicates that there are Saturday hours.

Has anyone called the USCIS on Saturday and been able to talk to a live person?

Thanks and appreciate you all. Hope you have a great weekend, and may the remaining approvals pour in @Snuffles @SilverMonk @LuFlolady @Adam Zollinger!

Duane & Haney

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

Timeline
34 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

@Snuffles have u not heard anything yet? 

@BJ & Christine sadly no. Nothing definitive, anyway. First time he called he was told we should hear by the end of the month. 2nd time (just yesterday) was told no decision had been made, service request was submitted. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adam Zollinger said:

Hope this helps! Just call and don’t be scared. I’ve called many many times and everybody I’ve spoken to has been friendly.

OK, thanks Adam, it definitely helps!

Yes, do have a little cold-calling Angst, no big deal though, stretching your boundaries always makes you better. 🙂

Hope you're well,

Duane & Haney

Edited by Duane & Haney

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.