The Nature  Boy

NYTIMES’ NEWEST HIRE SENT TONS OF ANTI-WHITE RACIST TWEETS

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i simply asked keith a question. i don't know him, but i guess you do - since you speak for him.

people don't always react on twitter the way they should. if i were a journalist on twitter and i received constant harassment and abuse for being a woman/minority - i don't know that i'd always be able to keep my cool. 

you think she initially harassed herself?

I don’t believe I said she harassed herself, but rather she may have engage in inciting activities that led to responses.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

I don’t believe I said she harassed herself, but rather she may have engage in inciting activities that led to responses.  

any evidence?

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

so basically, because this woman didn't react to a scenario you've never experienced, in the manner you deem proper, nyt is improperly hiring her.

well duh, she is a woman and asian and in the public eye, writing for leftist rags. of course she instigated the situation. give me a break.

I've actually never made a comment about her getting hired.  Don't really care one way or another.  But her racist remarks are intolerable.  

My wife is a woman and Asian, not sure why you would attempt to denigrate those who are.  Please don't paint with such broad strokes.  This site is actually against such.  

Just now, Satisfied said:

I've actually never made a comment about her getting hired.  Don't really care one way or another.  But her racist remarks are intolerable.  

My wife is a woman and Asian, not sure why you would attempt to denigrate those who are.  Please don't paint with such broad strokes.  This site is actually against such.  

I agree. We know a thing or two about Asian women. Painted them with a broad stereotype didn't she .

Just now, Satisfied said:

attempting to twist my words to paint me as a sexist/racist shows your desperation and lack of ability to defend your own words. check yourself.

Just now, Nature Boy Flair said:

I agree. We know a thing or two about Asian women. Painted them with a broad stereotype didn't she .

did i? the only stereotype i highlighted was the common tendency of men to blame the women when a woman is attacked.

Just now, smilesammich said:

did i? the only stereotype i highlighted was the common tendency of men to blame the women when a woman is attacked.

Most men I I know will rush to defend a woman that is attacked. Just the way most real men are raised. I also open doors, let them order first in restaurants, let them sit down if there is only one seat,.  walk on the side towards the street etc etc Maybe you have not been exposed to the right kind of men ?

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Most men I I know will rush to defend a woman that is attacked. Just the way most real men are raised. I also open doors, let them order first in restaurants, let them sit down if there is only one seat,.  walk on the side towards the street etc etc Maybe you have not been exposed to the right kind of men ?

we're talking about sarah jeong, not me. she says she was harassed/attacked. the response here was that she 1. reacted to the harrassement/attacks improperly 2. may have instigated them herself.

i have not seen any men offer the slighted defense for her, only label her racist or how did you say? the racist asian woman equivalent of the kkk?

and now you're trying to twist my sarcasm into me stereotyping asian women? when i'm defending her? please.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Considering how badly Asian people are and have been treated in this country I struggle to see how her comments are bad. It just feels like she is mocking the way white people act by saying stuff they would have said but turning it against white people.  

1 minute ago, Unidentified said:

Considering how badly Asian people are and have been treated in this country I struggle to see how her comments are bad. It just feels like she is mocking the way white people act by saying stuff they would have said but turning it against white people.  

her comments are at best racially mocking and at worst are themselves racist, I see no way they would appear even remotely tolerable in either case but feel free to interpret your own conclusion

1 minute ago, Satisfied said:

My words don’t need a defense.  Check yourself.

My wife is a woman and Asian, not sure why you would attempt to denigrate those who are.  Please don't paint with such broad strokes.  This site is actually against such.  

i do not denigrate asians or women. i agree you have zero defense for attempting to portray me as someone who does.

1 hour ago, Unidentified said:

I know multitudes of Asian people. Never met one who thought they were treated badly here 

1 hour ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

....once in a while end up in the ditch  ...

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

3 hours ago, smilesammich said:

did you read a sample of the messages and tweets she received?

No I have not, but I have seen some pretty bad cyber bullying targeted towards blacks in general. 

I know she was probably frustrated but responding to trolls with blatently racist tweets is never acceptable. 

The first and best way to handle the situation is to report, ignore and delete. Especially if you like your high profile job. 

The second ( personally my favorite), responde with a witty joke that may or may not involve race.if it does involve race.. You just have to make sure its funny or else people are just going to consider it racist.

Edited by Keith & Arileidi