2,136 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Did anyone submit cards as supporting evidence? We have some cards that we've given to each other and from family for holidays. Was wondering how to make copies of them or if it's even worth submitting.

I submitted scanned copies of the cards, front and back. Since I use Adobe Acrobat, I managed to fit two pages and re-PDF'd it onto two pages on one sheet, so it was obvious the colors / shape of the cards matched.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Axle314 said:

I submitted scanned copies of the cards, front and back. Since I use Adobe Acrobat, I managed to fit two pages and re-PDF'd it onto two pages on one sheet, so it was obvious the colors / shape of the cards matched.

ok thanks!

On 8/15/2018 at 12:05 AM, AlmaLMS said:

**Questions

I sent my packet to California and they received it 08/03.... do you know how long do I have to wait for the NOA1? My GC just expired. 

Do you know if this still going on? https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/form-i-751-data-entry-delay-california-service-center

Thank you

Hi,

We are in a similar situation. Our packet was received on 8/2, and the GC expires tomorrow, and we have also heard nothing. Also not sure what to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Wolke7 said:

Hi,

We are in a similar situation. Our packet was received on 8/2, and the GC expires tomorrow, and we have also heard nothing. Also not sure what to do.

Hi! I called USCIS, talked to a level 2 Officer.... they told me to wait up to 60 days. If I sent papers within 90 days. I’m OK . 

15 minutes ago, AlmaLMS said:

Hi! I called USCIS, talked to a level 2 Officer.... they told me to wait up to 60 days. If I sent papers within 90 days. I’m OK . 

Ok, so don't worry that you don't have it in hand?

Is your driver's license going to expire/has it expired?

20 minutes ago, wong said:

anyone got the NOA1 or got their check cashed already?

I sent it in on the 5th, they received it on the 8th. The check still have not cash.

For which Service Center?

if CSC, they received mine on the 11th, they still haven’t sent me Notification via email or text, not cashed check, etc.

1 hour ago, Axle314 said:

For which Service Center?

if CSC, they received mine on the 11th, they still haven’t sent me Notification via email or text, not cashed check, etc.

Me too, CSC, received on 8/2, check not cashed, no NOA1. :clock:

Filed: Timeline

what we have so far for proofs:

Copies of DL and Id showing mutual address.

Marriage certificate.

Tax transcript from 2016-201

tax return documents from 2016-2018

Copies of Life insurance from work stating him as my beneficiary and vice versa. 

Copies of employment letters ( We're working at the same company).

Copies of our Debit Cards.

Copies of joint bank statements starting january 2017.

Copies of our Capital one credit cards.

Copy of letter from Capital one stating that My husband is an authorized user.

Phone history since June 2017. ( phone bill is not under our names.)

Copies of Credit one Cards.

Copy of Screenshot from credit card stating my husband as owner and I as authorized user. 

Copies of Tjmaxx cards.

Screenshot of Tjmaxx stating husband as additional authorized user.

few copies of pay stubs throughout the years showing mutual address. 

Copy of Car bill under my husbands name.

Photos together with family and friends throught the married years. 

Letter from my Dad and Tenant stating that we live together with them and why we are not paying bills. 

hotel receipt from our latest trip.

Plane tickets when he came to california with me. 

I don't know if my proofs are enough since we don't have any utility bills under our name. ( we live with my parents along with my other 2

sisters and family friend.) My parents are the ones paying for the rent and all the bills are named under the other tenant.

Hi Everyone,

sent in ours on August 14th, they received it on the 15th. Check not cashed yet.  Waiting begins!

July 2009: Met in Italy, during a conference.

January 2010: I came to Chicago to study abroad for a quarter.

June 2010: I went back to Turkey: time for some long distance relationship!

September 2011: Came back to Chicago to start my graduate degree!

March 2012: We moved in together.

fast forward, October 17th, 2015: We got married at our backyard, with a beautiful ceremony.

January-February 2016: We were both in Turkey together!

April 1st, 2016: Sent in the package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

April 4th, 2016: Package received, signed by CHYBA.

April 10th, 2016 (Day 6): NOA1 received

April 11th, 2016 (Day 7): Checks cashed

April 12th, 2016 (Day 8): NOA1 Hard copies received

May 2nd, 2016 (Day 29) Biometrics Appointment received, biometrics scheduled for may 12th.

May 3rd, 2016 (Day 30): Walk-in biometrics successfully completed

June 7th, 2016 (Day 64): Expedite Requested on EAD

June 9th, 2016 (Day 66): Proof of job offer sent to uscis via fax

June 14th, 2016 (Day 71): Expedite Request was assigned to an officer for response

June 16th, 2016 (Day 73): EAD status changed to "New Card in Production" and AP changed to "Approved"!

June 20th, 2016 (Day 77): EAD status changed to "Your card was mailed to you"

June 23rd, 2016 (Day 80): EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mailed our packet today to the California lockbox :) good luck everybody! 

K1 Journey

[*]03/08/2015 got engaged

[*]06/09/2015 Sent i-195f

[*]06/23/2015 NOA 1 Received

[*]07/20/2015 NOA 2 Received

[*]09/02/2015 Received case number

[*]09/02/2015 Received packet 3

[*]10/16/2015 Had medical

[*]10/26/2015 Had interview in london (I was in the embassy for 7 hours)

[*]11/04/2015 Approved!! K1 visa received

[*]

[*] Green Card/AOS

[*]03/01/2016 Flew together for the first time :D!!

[*]03/01/2016 Arrived in the US, Saint Paul,MN

[*]03/04/2016 Applied for SSN (name was entered wrong by immigration at POE will take 4 weeks for card)

[*]03/08/2016 Got married at courthouse

[*]03/12/2016 Sent off AOS/EAD/AP

[*]03/23/2016 NOA 1

[*]03/25/2016 SSN received ( after 3 weeks!!) Opened joint bank accounts and my own account,added name to car insurance

[*]03/28/2016 Biometrics letter received appointment 04/15 (early birthday present :D)

[*]Went back to SSN office to change name (name still wrong in the system wait 4 weeks again....)

[*]04/07/2016 Put Cv on job sites - indeed, monster etc

[*]04/08/2016 Attended interviews and got 3 job offers (All happy to wait for EAD)

[*]04/11/2016 Chose one job and contacted congressman to expedite EAD (needed to send a privacy form, all case receipts, letter asking why i needed it expedited(financial burden on company/ myself, job offer letter)

[*]04/15/2016 Biometrics completed (date on letter)

[*]04/15/2016 RFE for AOS all other cases put on hold (congressman told me no update from USCIS site)

[*]04/22/2016 RFE letter received

[*]04/22/2016 RFE sent back to lee summit first class letter ( Birth certificate of Joint sponsor)

[*]04/26/2016 RFE received case progress continues

[*]04/28/2016 Text received AOS case updated ( but no change to online status :()

05/06/2016 AP/EAD approved

05/16/2016 EAD/AP card received

09/26/2016 RFE received transfer 3025 medical to i693 form

10/22/2016 AOS approved no interview!

10/29/2016 Card arrived in mail

Removal of conditions

07/22/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.