Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ariane1 said:

I did contact them before and after calling NVC.))

NVC agreed to transfer.

Don't worry, you can write to the embassy, they answer fast.

But I'm not the first one who's changing the embassy to take the interview this way, even if you're going to Kyev for the 1st time, you'll be fine.

Good luck! :::)

To make sure, e-mail KyivIV@state.gov, here's the message:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised that if this case is currently still at the NVC, you need to contact NVC with request to re-assign this case to Kyiv instead of Moscow.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Kyiv, Ukraine

Please visit the Embassy web-site at https://ua.usembassy.gov/ for additional information about Consular services.

Thanks you very much. I visited kiev before))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Chair_force1 said:

A friend from Brazil just completed the DS160, she states it did not require her to upload a photo

On 8/28/2018 at 2:08 PM, Jorgedig said:

Just my .02:  we found that there were glitches when trying to complete the DS160 using Safari.  My fiance had to switch to Chrome for the Mac in order to make it work, and I had to do the same thing to read over his completed form before he submitted it.  I would be pretty surprised if a United States visa application did not require a current photo.

Hey guys, sorry for a bit of a late response (I'm also not sure if anyone responded to this and answered) but my fiance started working on the DS-160 and once he got to the photo section it said 'Photo will be taken at the ASC'. But with the response that maybe it was a glitch I looked into it a bit and found this article (I know it's from 2014 but I think it still may be relevant): https://www.path2usa.com/blog/digital-photograph-requirements-while-filling-us-visa-application

My fiance has also gotten a student visa and a tourist visa in Brazil, both of which required that the photo be taken at the embassy. But thank you guys for the information! I'll try it on different places but I'm pretty sure Brazil is one of the countries that doesn't require an uploaded photo. I'll better research it though. 

* Also this is just a screenshot of the page that my fiance got when getting to the photo section

Photo....JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 1:28 PM, AlexisCC said:

@Greenbaum would you happen to have any info on the Kosovo/Macedonian embassy? My fiance is from Kosovo however the embassy he would have to go is in Skopje Macedonia...I try to look for current info for Kosovo and no luck...Thanks in advance for your knowledge and support!

Hey AlexisCC not sure if this is helpful but I think this will help you to get any info you need for your fiancee there.  https://xk.usembassy.gov/ So best wishes the rest of they way for you both

2 hours ago, Daniel and Sarah said:

How accurate is this....? I have seen someone with NVC received date 8/23/2018 had their case transferred to Consulate on 8/29/2018 but it is not even 3rd or 4th September that you claim the next batch will be mailed out but they had case send to consulate .

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
I-129F Sent : 2018-01-22
I-129F NOA1 : 2018-01-24
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-08-09
NVC Received : 2018-08-23
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-08-24
NVC Left : 2018-08-29

That file could have been transmitted electronically. Our statement concerning that the cases are sent every two weeks is only what we see. We have yet to see anything published or confirmed by NVC that this is their new procedure. So this is just "boots on the ground" observation and your mileage may vary.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Sanjana dogra said:

In mumbai. 

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, B-B said:

Hopefully somebody can help me with a question about the Affidavit of Support (I-134)

So the petitioner (my fiance) is currently unemployed because he has been living with me in The Netherlands for the past 18 months. 

While I was still in school he started a master program which he graduated from recently.

He will be moving back in September but will not have a job lined-up for when he is back.

Because of that we have his dad as a co-sponsor. He makes way above the proverty line with his retirement.

My questions are:

- Does the co-sponsor have to include me and my fiance (the petitioner) in his household since we will be living with him?

(my fiance and I will not be financially depending on his dad since we have a lot of savings)

- Will the unemployed of my fiance make the chances of getting denied higher?

(will evidence, showing that my fiance has been living in the Netherlands for the past 18 months, be enough to show that he couldn't find a job?)

- How can I prove that I, as the beneficary, will not become a public charge or anything?

Already thank you for the people who will respond to my questions!

Hey I'm going through a similar (not really) thing. I've been getting my masters up until May when I graduated but I've been working part time during and since. An answer I received is to write a letter (and kind of attach it to the I-134) stating what's been going on, that I've been a student, I haven't had full-time work yet because of it but I'm looking, here' s my degree for proof of that, if you need a co-sponsor here it is, etc. I did find the information helpful so I definitely think explaining the situation is an option for you. I'm a nervous Nancy as well when it comes to that stuff because I don't want the process to take any longer so even just writing the letter for piece of mind is good enough for me. Hope this helps! 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Britt & Stenio said:

Hey guys, sorry for a bit of a late response (I'm also not sure if anyone responded to this and answered) but my fiance started working on the DS-160 and once he got to the photo section it said 'Photo will be taken at the ASC'. But with the response that maybe it was a glitch I looked into it a bit and found this article (I know it's from 2014 but I think it still may be relevant): https://www.path2usa.com/blog/digital-photograph-requirements-while-filling-us-visa-application

My fiance has also gotten a student visa and a tourist visa in Brazil, both of which required that the photo be taken at the embassy. But thank you guys for the information! I'll try it on different places but I'm pretty sure Brazil is one of the countries that doesn't require an uploaded photo. I'll better research it though. 

* Also this is just a screenshot of the page that my fiance got when getting to the photo section

Photo....JPG

And this was totally answered and put to rest. Sorry guys!

25 minutes ago, Britt & Stenio said:

That's interesting. Along, I thought that the DS-160 is generic with no Embassy ties but that seems to be not true. So, along the way of filling out the DS-160 the determine your Embassy and then personalize if requested from the Embassy to reflect their standards or what they require once you arrive for your interview. So, if it ask for a photo then one should be uploaded. If it requires (per your example) to do something different or skip the photo altogether then that's how we handle it going forward till such time as it is changed to something else.

Thanks for adding this to the thread. Very informative.

Yup, it's true, old dogs can learn new tricks. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That's interesting. Along, I thought that the DS-160 is generic with no Embassy ties but that seems to be not true. So, along the way of filling out the DS-160 the determine your Embassy and then personalize if requested from the Embassy to reflect their standards or what they require once you arrive for your interview. So, if it ask for a photo then one should be uploaded. If it requires (per your example) to do something different or skip the photo altogether then that's how we handle it going forward till such time as it is changed to something else.

Thanks for adding this to the thread. Very informative.

Yup, it's true, old dogs can learn new tricks. :jest:

No problem! Glad to help any way I can! Especially to someone whose been so incredibly helpful to all of us :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey guys, 

1. I would like to know if the new letter of intent for the interview will be addressed to USCIS or the consulate where the interview will be held? 

2. Also my fiancee(the petitoner) has exceeded the 125% in the last two of the required 3 years ITR. I hope this will not be a problem because she didn't meet the 125% requirement in the first of the 3 years. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello
What does this mean?

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

"We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on July 31, 2018. "

Reply received by e-mail on request
Is there still something to ask and clarify by phone?

ps  sometimes it seems to me that people in these state organizations are either mocking people or are stupidly unwilling (lazy) to work

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

Hey AlexisCC not sure if this is helpful but I think this will help you to get any info you need for your fiancee there.  https://xk.usembassy.gov/ So best wishes the rest of they way for you both

Thank you for this! i already saw this before and it was quite helpful. Just going to take it easy make sure i dot all my i's and cross my t's, stay positive and hope for the best ! Best wishes to you as well! 

I-129F Submitted: 16 January 2018 NOA1 Received: 26 January 2018 NOA2 Received: 02 August 2018 | NVC Received: 16 August 2018 | Consulate Received: 07  SEP 2018 | Medical: 24 SEP 2018 | Interview: 28 SEP 2018 | VISA in Hand: 23 OCT 2018 | POE: 10 NOV 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 270

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

Thanks. Really appreciate🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

That file could have been transmitted electronically. Our statement concerning that the cases are sent every two weeks is only what we see. We have yet to see anything published or confirmed by NVC that this is their new procedure. So this is just "boots on the ground" observation and your mileage may vary.

I was wondering because NVC received my case on August 16, Case number assigned on August 17 but up till now it's still at NVC although they only do  send it electronically i believe every case and consulate is different and how NVC process cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.