Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

You are required to complete Form I-134. If the income reported on this form or your tax return reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include the following documents:

• For those who are employed by an individual or company, submit a photocopy of an employment letter, pay stub, or pay advance (direct-deposit receipt) that meets the criteria below:
    • Includes your name and the company’s name;
    • Is on signed, business letterhead (you cannot sign the letter yourself); and
    • Is issued within the last three months.
  • For those who are self-employed, obtain a photocopy of one of the following:
    • Your business license.
    • A signed letter on business letterhead that was written within in the last three months.
    • A contract between you as an independent contractor and a company.
  • For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets.

EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions – English (February 2014)  Page 3 of 9 with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134.

I am self employed and i do eCommerce. I have non of the 3 things you said. where did you get that info. Everything i have read says i should be fine with my tax return proving i make enough, and i was going to bring my bank statements as well as sales reports for last year and this year. Do you think that's enough?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

NOA2 - 08/13

NVC # - 08/29 (called)

We explained that we need our documents to be sent to Kyev instead of Moscow, since in Russia there's a problem with waiting (the number of employees was cut in it, so people wait for their interview for months).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

@greenbaum - I'm the beneficiary (I-129f) aka the applicant (DS-160). 

We have our NVC case number, and now awaiting the file to be shipped to the US Consulate in Auckland, New Zealand.

I've changed address since we completed the I-129f. How do I notify NVC and/or the Auckland Consulate so that the P3 will be correctly mailed to me? Apologies if you've previously answered this query, but I haven't found anything in this thread, or others that I've looked through.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JDP91 said:

Just got an email saying our case has been sent to the Guangzhou consulate! Phew, things are moving a lot faster now :D 

Oh wow!! Congrats and good luck!! You got your case number 2 days later than mine though. I hope our case will be sent out soon! 

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Ariane1 said:

NOA2 - 08/13

NVC # - 08/29 (called)

We explained that we need our documents to be sent to Kyev instead of Moscow, since in Russia there's a problem with waiting (the number of employees was cut in it, so people wait for their interview for months).

Hello, i have the same problem with Moscow embassy. You called to NVC when your status change to NVC? I just got NOA 2 and i wonder to know what time i should ask them transfer.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hopefully somebody can help me with a question about the Affidavit of Support (I-134)

So the petitioner (my fiance) is currently unemployed because he has been living with me in The Netherlands for the past 18 months. 

While I was still in school he started a master program which he graduated from recently.

He will be moving back in September but will not have a job lined-up for when he is back.

Because of that we have his dad as a co-sponsor. He makes way above the proverty line with his retirement.

My questions are:

- Does the co-sponsor have to include me and my fiance (the petitioner) in his household since we will be living with him?

(my fiance and I will not be financially depending on his dad since we have a lot of savings)

- Will the unemployed of my fiance make the chances of getting denied higher?

(will evidence, showing that my fiance has been living in the Netherlands for the past 18 months, be enough to show that he couldn't find a job?)

- How can I prove that I, as the beneficary, will not become a public charge or anything?

Already thank you for the people who will respond to my questions!

26 minutes ago, B-B said:

Hopefully somebody can help me with a question about the Affidavit of Support (I-134)

So the petitioner (my fiance) is currently unemployed because he has been living with me in The Netherlands for the past 18 months. 

While I was still in school he started a master program which he graduated from recently.

He will be moving back in September but will not have a job lined-up for when he is back.

Because of that we have his dad as a co-sponsor. He makes way above the proverty line with his retirement.

My questions are:

- Does the co-sponsor have to include me and my fiance (the petitioner) in his household since we will be living with him?

(my fiance and I will not be financially depending on his dad since we have a lot of savings)

- Will the unemployed of my fiance make the chances of getting denied higher?

(will evidence, showing that my fiance has been living in the Netherlands for the past 18 months, be enough to show that he couldn't find a job?)

- How can I prove that I, as the beneficary, will not become a public charge or anything?

Already thank you for the people who will respond to my questions!

Hi there.

All you need to do is present evidence that you have all these savings with an official bank letter (not a pdf statement) and have his dad sign the I-134. Since your fiancee is older than 18, he's not considered his dependent by law, so he doesn't have to be listed as one. Your savings and other assets + your future father in law's affidavit should be enough to make sure you get let through. :)

I'd be more concerned with establishing domicile in the US when he's been living in NL for 18 months, but since your petition was approved, then it shouldn't be a problem. Someone more knowledgeable should correct me if I'm wrong here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Current procedure is the cases are shipped out in batches. The next batch, and they leave every two weeks, is leaving 9/3-4. Next one after that is 9/18.

How accurate is this....? I have seen someone with NVC received date 8/23/2018 had their case transferred to Consulate on 8/29/2018 but it is not even 3rd or 4th September that you claim the next batch will be mailed out but they had case send to consulate .

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
I-129F Sent : 2018-01-22
I-129F NOA1 : 2018-01-24
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-08-09
NVC Received : 2018-08-23
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-08-24
NVC Left : 2018-08-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

In most instances you have to have the case number to move forward with any appointments either medical or interview. You're getting a little ahead of yourself. Call NVC in about 10 business days for your case number. Do you have your Embassy Packet 3 (P3)? Are you interview in Nepal or Mumbai?

In mumbai. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ariane1 said:

NOA2 - 08/13

NVC # - 08/29 (called)

Hi there! Did you contact Kiev embassy before calling the NVC? Did NVC agree to transfer?.. 

Sorry I have so many questions. I got so excited lol. I can’t believe we can be done with all of it in September and not in November/December as I thought before.

We are gonna call NVC today since we were approved 15/08. I just need to know what to tell them about the transfer. I’m sooo hoping it’s gonna work🙏🏻

Timeline
1 hour ago, KseniaGarrett said:

Hello, i have the same problem with Moscow embassy. You called to NVC when your status change to NVC? I just got NOA 2 and i wonder to know what time i should ask them transfer.

Hi! They can transfer as soon as the case arrives to the NVC, I guess. When I called, they explained how to change the destination on their website (filling the form).

I waited for 2 weeks since NOA2 to call + I knew that the next batch of documents would go around September 3/4. So, basically, I had a few days to prevent them from sending my papers to Moscow.

By the way, how do I check if they changed it?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Aanastasiia said:

Hi there! Did you contact Kiev embassy before calling the NVC? Did NVC agree to transfer?.. 

Sorry I have so many questions. I got so excited lol. I can’t believe we can be done with all of it in September and not in November/December as I thought before.

We are gonna call NVC today since we were approved 15/08. I just need to know what to tell them about the transfer. I’m sooo hoping it’s gonna work🙏🏻

I did contact them before and after calling NVC.))

NVC agreed to transfer.

Don't worry, you can write to the embassy, they answer fast.

But I'm not the first one who's changing the embassy to take the interview this way, even if you're going to Kyev for the 1st time, you'll be fine.

Good luck! :::)

To make sure, e-mail KyivIV@state.gov, here's the message:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised that if this case is currently still at the NVC, you need to contact NVC with request to re-assign this case to Kyiv instead of Moscow.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Kyiv, Ukraine

Please visit the Embassy web-site at https://ua.usembassy.gov/ for additional information about Consular services.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ariane1 said:

I did contact them before and after calling NVC.))

NVC agreed to transfer.

Don't worry, you can write to the embassy, they answer fast.

But I'm not the first one who's changing the embassy to take the interview this way, even if you're going to Kyev for the 1st time, you'll be fine.

Good luck! :::)

To make sure, e-mail KyivIV@state.gov, here's the message:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised that if this case is currently still at the NVC, you need to contact NVC with request to re-assign this case to Kyiv instead of Moscow.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy

Kyiv, Ukraine

Please visit the Embassy web-site at https://ua.usembassy.gov/ for additional information about Consular services.

Thank you so much for your fast reply!

I did contact the Ukrainian embassy on Sunday, but they didn’t answer... So I am planning to contact them again with the NVC number.

Great news!!

8 hours ago, That Bingo said:

I am self employed and i do eCommerce. I have non of the 3 things you said. where did you get that info. Everything i have read says i should be fine with my tax return proving i make enough, and i was going to bring my bank statements as well as sales reports for last year and this year. Do you think that's enough?

The key is the proof that you meet or exceed the poverty guidelines and you stated you do from your response above. The CO at the interview will use the tax return to verify your income. The bank statements and the sales reports are good indicators of a sustainable income. So my opinion is that you will be fine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.