Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
19 minutes ago, nikki1992 said:

My case status on CEAC is NVC, but the text below it mentions 6 steps I need to follow. 

I followed the link (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html) to the instructions of the 6 steps and it has the following:

Is this normal, and do we need to actually do these? The first stage mentioned DS-261 but we need DS-160 right?

If you are K1 You don't need to do this, it's just a general message. just keep checking your status for when it changes to in transit. Once it is, you can do the DS160. And if you've got your case number already you can book your medical. 

EDIT: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ - UK forum as lots of this info is over there already :)

Edited by LeesaMarie

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, ST_RO said:

Yeah, we are done with everything. I'm waiting for the affidavit and a new letter of intent  to get here in the mail and he will email any documents for it this weekend.

I filled out the DS-160 and just need to upload the digital picture. Medical is scheduled for Sept 06, the envelope with all the documents for the consulate is laying here, so basically I am only waiting for his originals and the NVC case number and then I'm hitting the SEND button everywhere. 😂

How about you? Can you get everything done with him being away? I'm sure you've already prepared everything, right? :-)

That is awesome that you were able to schedule your medical without having your casenumber! I called to the doctor today and they can not schedule my medical without having a case number! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, TJ n Takit said:

First time posting, but long time reader of this site.  Thank you everyone for all your updates.  I think I share others frustration with how difficult it is to get status of this process.   I wanted to share my experience getting our MNL case number.

We received our NOA2 via email notification on August 8th, and in the mail a few days later.  I read several posts about which number to call and wasted tons of time on hold.  The best way I found to get the MNL# was to use the website, ASKNVC.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html 

On 08/21 I called 603-334-0888 at 7pm west coast time, and waited 30 seconds to speak to Angus.  Who was polite, asked if I was calling about K-1 via, and told me they hadn't received it yet.  He suggested using the AskNVC since they are working to respond to that FIRST

Sure enough this morning I received a email with my MNL Case # and my fiance's beneficiary ID#. 

I just wanted to share my experience and dates, and hopefully help other avoid some of the stress of calling and calling and calling. 

i tried to do this but when i click submit it says that the date of birth is invalid. idk why!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
Just now, Suny & LeLe said:

i tried to do this but when i click submit it says that the date of birth is invalid. idk why!

same thing happened to me...i used the little calendar they have and click on the dob i needed and it worked...probably its bc your using the number for the month instead of the word ie...using "05" instead of "MAY" that was the issue i was having

I-129F Submitted: 16 January 2018 NOA1 Received: 26 January 2018 NOA2 Received: 02 August 2018 | NVC Received: 16 August 2018 | Consulate Received: 07  SEP 2018 | Medical: 24 SEP 2018 | Interview: 28 SEP 2018 | VISA in Hand: 23 OCT 2018 | POE: 10 NOV 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 270

Timeline
1 minute ago, AlexisCC said:

same thing happened to me...i used the little calendar they have and click on the dob i needed and it worked...probably its bc your using the number for the month instead of the word ie...using "05" instead of "MAY" that was the issue i was having

i tried the calendar several time and it doesn't work. :( 

6 minutes ago, Suny & LeLe said:

click on the calendar icon and use the calendar function.  The format required is DAY, then MONTH (BUT SPELT OUT IN WORDS) and then YEAR.  Use the calendar function on the icon to ensure the format is complied with.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Johnny3 said:

click on the calendar icon and use the calendar function.  The format required is DAY, then MONTH (BUT SPELT OUT IN WORDS) and then YEAR.  Use the calendar function on the icon to ensure the format is complied with.

i did but it doesnt work. it says "INVALID DATE OF BIRTH"

Capturenew.PNG

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Suny & LeLe said:

I don't know if this helps, but put the full name and birthday for the beneficiary under principal applicant and only the petitioner's full name  where it says petitioner. I put my name at first (the petitioner) under principal applicant until I read that that space is devoted for the person immigrating to the US. Also make sure to use the full names on the passports that you used on the I-129f. Hope this helps!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Britt & Stenio said:

I don't know if this helps, but put the full name and birthday for the beneficiary under principal applicant and only the petitioner's full name  where it says petitioner. I put my name at first (the petitioner) under principal applicant until I read that that space is devoted for the person immigrating to the US. Also make sure to use the full names on the passports that you used on the I-129f. Hope this helps!

:( is it only me the one that is getting this error? i already did everything and i am reading MEGA EXTRA CAREFUL. i am typing everything correctly but it still marks DOB error. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, ST_RO said:

Yeah, we are done with everything. I'm waiting for the affidavit and a new letter of intent  to get here in the mail and he will email any documents for it this weekend.

I filled out the DS-160 and just need to upload the digital picture. Medical is scheduled for Sept 06, the envelope with all the documents for the consulate is laying here, so basically I am only waiting for his originals and the NVC case number and then I'm hitting the SEND button everywhere. 😂

How about you? Can you get everything done with him being away? I'm sure you've already prepared everything, right? :-)

Hello, Can you please explain a lil more about "new letter of intent " I  had never heard that there was to do another letter intent letter!!

any comment will be help!!

13 minutes ago, Suny & LeLe said:

:( is it only me the one that is getting this error? i already did everything and i am reading MEGA EXTRA CAREFUL. i am typing everything correctly but it still marks DOB error. 

If you use the calendar function, the February should start with a CAPITAL "F" not as you showed in your post.  i.e. "13/February/1991".  Try that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just called, my case was entered literally a few minutes ago.  So we have our case number, waiting for email in a few short days.  Very pleasant on the phone.  

Hard copy of NOA2 states date of 8-9-2018

I was notified of approval on 8-11-18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Spoke with NVC just now (Approval date was August 8), but they haven't received it yet :( I was expecting a rude lady named Pearl to shut me down, but she was surprisingly very nice! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.