2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ilo said:

Yes it approved and you will get it soon, I filled April 25th 2017.

It keep me posted, we have almost same timeline, my case is at Vermont Center

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Ilo said:

They recieved response 10/02/2018 and status went into card production 10/31/2018,

Received ead (c31) 11/6/2018,

Status change to approved 11/13/2018

I have received Status Change yet, I hope it shows up soon! Keep us posted.

Best Luck to Us 🍀🙌🏼

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

It keep me posted, we have almost same timeline, my case is at Vermont Center

Same timeline here. April 27, 2017

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Par.Hast said:

How long will it take to receive Notice of Action from USCIS after filling VAWA? 

is there anyway to track the application or I should just wait for the Notice of Action? 

It takes 2-4 weeks average,

mine took from May 25 2017 to June 12 2017 = 18 days USCIS to get notices in the mail and website.

Filed: Other Timeline
7 hours ago, sandranj said:

Submit your bank statement,if you have tax return submit a copy as well. Submit bills that you have to pay montly and ask your friend to mention  your name and address and mention that you are unemployed and he/she is providing you room and board .Ask the person to put date and place of birth, current address and phone number and notarize the letter.

Thank you so much Sandra, I will prepare all the suggested documents as per your advise. 

Thanks again ! 

1 hour ago, Par.Hast said:

How long will it take to receive Notice of Action from USCIS after filling VAWA? 

is there anyway to track the application or I should just wait for the Notice of Action? 

Depending on how fast the IO is that initially looks over your petition, it should be around 4 weeks. Mine took 6 weeks. You can’t track this since you don’t have your case numbers yet. Just be patient. This is one of the shorter waits. 

If your mail tracking number says delivered, you are all good. 

hi Sandranj

USCIS has denied fee waiver request for I-485 and I-765. My attorney has concurrently filed I-360, I-485 and I-765 but she has selected C-31 category as my husband never filed AOS - green card application for me. I am planning to resubmit fee waiver request with all suggested documents, can I choose C-09 category for I-765 as previously  we have  concurrently filed I-360, I-485 and I-765 all together ? I am financially miserable situation and in urgent need of job and that's only possible if I will get EAD soon. Please advise me on this matter.  

12 hours ago, TOVE said:

hello Yollande, what documents did you use and what did you tell them? could you please explain more, I have been without a DL since my EAD expired last year, and they told me that I can not use the prima facia to renew! I live in California

Below links are for the California DMV. The first link includes a list of documents that are accepted as proof of identity/legal presence. 

Federal_NonCompliant_dl_DocsList.pdf?MOD

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffdl32

8 minutes ago, shayona said:

hi Sandranj

USCIS has denied fee waiver request for I-485 and I-765. My attorney has concurrently filed I-360, I-485 and I-765 but she has selected C-31 category as my husband never filed AOS - green card application for me. I am planning to resubmit fee waiver request with all suggested documents, can I choose C-09 category for I-765 as previously  we have  concurrently filed I-360, I-485 and I-765 all together ? I am financially miserable situation and in urgent need of job and that's only possible if I will get EAD soon. Please advise me on this matter.  

Please read through the last few pages. Sandra answered to someone what to submit as proof of not being able to afford the filing fees. 

Just now, iwillsurvive said:

Please read through the last few pages. Sandra answered to someone what to submit as proof of not being able to afford the filing fees. 

my question is,  can I resubmit I-765 under C-09 category as I have concurrently submitted all forms ?

21 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Below links are for the California DMV. The first link includes a list of documents that are accepted as proof of identity/legal presence. 

Federal_NonCompliant_dl_DocsList.pdf?MOD

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffdl32

Thank you so much Iwillsurvive, I really appreciate your help! I’ve been looking into the dmv website and wasn’t finding anything! The link you provided really helps! I can actually show it to the dmv clerk whe they say no you can’t! 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
21 hours ago, GodBlessYou said:

Hello guys.

I got an I485 interview in 06/26/18 based on VAWA approval.

However, Since then, I didn't get any of update. I already contacted local Congressman and Senator. USCIS replied from them that my case is still pending. 

The problem is my parents are sick so that I need to visit my country in December. 

I don't know whether any of you guys has similat situation. But, please be adviced.

Sanranj, If I visit my country without receiving GC and I have to visit my parents, what you would advice for me? 

Please... desperate now.. 

Thanks.

i pray you get approval soon..did you go to the interview with your lawyer?? i sent you a mail,,i am also from new jersey as well..would like to ask you some few questions,,so please do not travel without AP..are you a male or female..

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
16 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Yes of course. When you have a pending I-485, you can submit under C9. 

Doesn’t matter that you previously filed under C31. 

hello @sandranj and @iwillsurvive please i need your help so my lawyer filed for my first EAD priority date august 30th 2018,then she filed my adjustment of status together with another EAD again and travel document priority date october 25th 2018,i’m so confused why she filed for another EAD and will this second EAD delay my first one??and when do you think my case will be transferred to another office?when can i start counting?thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.