2,949 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Military said:

3 months and about 24/6 days, October 24 would have been 4 months, my interview notice was dated October 20th. Whether its 3 months, (you can round it off to 4 months) I am just elated my journey seems to finally be coming to an end. I am happy I didn't have to wait another year or more for the interview. 

Thank you very much, I am seriously considering it.

Happy with you. Hope you will be approved in spot. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@sandranj @iwillsurvive

I filed a restraining order against my husband because of the physical sexual abuse and harassment.

Now he submitted his declaration to the court stating that I am just using him for self-petition. He also states that I did not love him from the beginning.

He has a lawyer and I don’t have. We have court hearing coming soon.

What if the judge ask me about self-petition?What will I say? 

I have filed VAWA 10 days ago. 

Thank you in advance!

OK. Not alarming anyone but I just see this in uscis' Twitter and I think is important: 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-continue-implementing-new-policy-memorandum-notices-appear

Starting Nov. 19, 2018, USCIS may issue NTAs as described below based on denials of I-914/I-914A, Application for T Nonimmigrant Status; I-918/I-918A, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status; I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (Violence Against Women Act self-petitions and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status petitions); I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petitions when the beneficiary is present in the US; I-929, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant; and I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (with the underlying form types listed above).

Is really scary what is happening... 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Ylx said:

OK. Not alarming anyone but I just see this in uscis' Twitter and I think is important: 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-continue-implementing-new-policy-memorandum-notices-appear

Starting Nov. 19, 2018, USCIS may issue NTAs as described below based on denials of I-914/I-914A, Application for T Nonimmigrant Status; I-918/I-918A, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status; I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (Violence Against Women Act self-petitions and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status petitions); I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petitions when the beneficiary is present in the US; I-929, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant; and I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (with the underlying form types listed above).

Is really scary what is happening... 

It’s been that way for so many years ...if your application is denied they probably usually send NTA...

12 minutes ago, Psquare said:

It’s been that way for so many years ...if your application is denied they probably usually send NTA... 

Sandra suggested sending a letter to NBC requesting that they not issue an NTA since one has a new I-485 based on the I-360 pending approval, but someone in the forum yesterday asked Sandra an interesting question, she asked been answered yet; someone asked if sending a letter requesting what the NTA does not issue would cause NBC to send it rather than send it.
I would like to know how many months after the I-485 is denied is that USCIS sends the NTA letter?
For example, I have been 8 months and thank God I have not received any NTA.
I hope someone with more experience can help us with this topic.
Thank you all….

1 hour ago, Shelly10 said:

@sandranj @iwillsurvive

I filed a restraining order against my husband because of the physical sexual abuse and harassment.

Now he submitted his declaration to the court stating that I am just using him for self-petition. He also states that I did not love him from the beginning.

He has a lawyer and I don’t have. We have court hearing coming soon.

What if the judge ask me about self-petition?What will I say? 

I have filed VAWA 10 days ago. 

Thank you in advance!

My ex abuser husband did same to me . I had attorney for divorce but my attorney did not works very good , so I gave up half of alimony he should to pay me and got agreement to signed divorce decrees. I did not went to the hiring , I can not take the outcome as he said on the divorce decrees . 

I recommend you find a attorney to help you with divorce case . you can have some help from legal aid .

good luck , and May God bless you. 

8 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Sandra suggested sending a letter to NBC requesting that they not issue an NTA since one has a new I-485 based on the I-360 pending approval, but someone in the forum yesterday asked Sandra an interesting question, she asked been answered yet; someone asked if sending a letter requesting what the NTA does not issue would cause NBC to send it rather than send it.
I would like to know how many months after the I-485 is denied is that USCIS sends the NTA letter?
Thank you all….

In my opinion NBC is not the one who issued NTA. I received NTA 45days after I485 denied from local USCIS.  It depends on the officer who handle your case. No date set on NTA due to court backlogs. My lawyer said wait for another NTA that has date set. Probably take 1-2 years.

9 minutes ago, Hopenyc said:

In my opinion NBC is not the one who issued NTA. I received NTA 45days after I485 denied from local USCIS.  It depends on the officer who handle your case. No date set on NTA due to court backlogs. My lawyer said wait for another NTA that has date set. Probably take 1-2 years. 

When my I-485 denied USCIS sent me a letter that I could never receive because the mail allegedly said that I could not deliver it and return it to USCIS; Is that letter with the denial of I-485 the NTA letter?
I asked USCIS several times to send me this letter, but the same thing always happened, the mail said I could not deliver it even though my address at USCIS was correct.
How can I know if I received an NTA?
I have checked myself periodically in a number that Sandra gave us some time ago to know if I had deportation order, but to date thanks to God the message says it does not say that I have a pending court date.

30 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thank you all….

@sandra said your local office, she did not say NBC, maybe you should read her post again.

3 minutes ago, Ilo said:

@sandra said your local office, she did not say NBC, maybe you should read her post again.

Thanks Ilo for the correction!
Can you help me please with the following information:
How do I know which was my local office when I sent my first I-485 to USCIS?
How do I know which was my local office when I sent my second I-485 to USCIS?
Thank you!!

2 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Thanks Ilo for the correction!
Can you help me please with the following information:
How do I know which was my local office when I sent my first I-485 to USCIS?
How do I know which was my local office when I sent my second I-485 to USCIS?
Thank you!!

Your local office should be the city were you live, let's say you stay in Houston Texas, your local office will be Houston.

1 minute ago, Florecita_Bella said:

When my I-485 denied USCIS sent me a letter that I could never receive because the mail allegedly said that I could not deliver it and return it to USCIS; Is that letter with the denial of I-485 the NTA letter?
I asked USCIS several times to send me this letter, but the same thing always happened, the mail said I could not deliver it even though my address at USCIS was correct.
How can I know if I received an NTA?
I have checked myself periodically in a number that Sandra gave us some time ago to know if I had deportation order, but to date thanks to God the message says it does not say that I have a pending court date.

I received denied letter first, and 45 days later I received NTA with no court date. 8months passed still no second NTA  no court date. I kept checking with hotline # every week. Get the same message( no case has been file with immigration court.  I took my time(5months) prepare all evidence , restraint order and affidavit. My lawyer took 2months to review it. I don’t rush. She sent out this week. Since Boston immigration court 1-2years wait. I won’t be able to get work permit or anything. Just wait.............. 

My lawyer suggested submit I360 alone with USCIS. once approved, Adjust status in court.

I heard VAWA cancellation in court way way harder. 

16 minutes ago, Ilo said:

Your local office should be the city were you live, let's say you stay in Houston Texas, your local office will be Houston.

Thanks for the info!
I submitted both applications in the same state, but then I moved to another state and despite my new lawyer has sent 3 G-28 and two AR-11 Vermont has not changed the address of my first lawyer, as USCIS continues to send documents to the first lawyer.
I thank you in advance if you can please help me with the following question:
1. If my I-485 based on the marriage was filed in the same local office where I sent the I-360, do I not need to send the letter requesting that they not send me the NTA?
2. Where can I check which are the local offices of each state?
Thanks again for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.