Thank you!!! Cleveland Ohio

26 minutes ago, Dharmaraj said:

Did you go interview and when was it?

Yes my interview was on 9/24/2018, I posted it couple pages ago in this thread 

Edited by Peppermint

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hey guys, 

This week has been exactly 12 months since I filed VAWA... I already had a pending i-485 from ex USC husband and did as @sandranj adviced to find out if AOS was still pending or denied through infopass.

How long do they usually take to request RFEs?

Wishing you strength to you all!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Sandranj

I been through emotional and physical abuse and violence by my husband after marriage. We lived only a month together and I left him because of his constant torture  and humiliating behavior including racial abuse as well. He extorted a lot of money from me as well by giving threats of calling police on me. I have filed divorce as well and my attorney also going to file VAWA by end of this week. I have collected all related evidence of abuse and all necessary documents too. But I am worried about the time duration I lived with my husband. As it is only a month, is it gonna make my case weaker? Please advise me , these days I am literally feeling scared and struggling with my mental state as he still haunts me and the abused I faced too

2 hours ago, Peppermint said:

!!!!!

518D7022-F9B7-4896-83D6-C97C5952ABEC.jpeg

Congrats!!!! When I saw the post, I smiled so wide!!!! Yaaaay!! God is the greatest!! Blessings on your new life going forward! In 2 years and 9 months you will be able to apply for citizenship, providing you don’t get married again before then. Don’t forget to file your taxes every year. I heard it is a determining factor in citizenship approval. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, shayona said:

Hi Sandranj

I been through emotional and physical abuse and violence by my husband after marriage. We lived only a month together and I left him because of his constant torture  and humiliating behavior including racial abuse as well. He extorted a lot of money from me as well by giving threats of calling police on me. I have filed divorce as well and my attorney also going to file VAWA by end of this week. I have collected all related evidence of abuse and all necessary documents too. But I am worried about the time duration I lived with my husband. As it is only a month, is it gonna make my case weaker? Please advise me , these days I am literally feeling scared and struggling with my mental state as he still haunts me and the abused I faced too

I had a case the person lived with her husband for 24 hours and she was approved. Another case the guy lived with his wife 6 days, he was approved too and cases of living together 30 /45 days I had hundreds approved,that being said it's not the time you lived together that they will take into consideration but if you had a bonafide marriage.

Hi Sandranj i am new here..but i have been reading amazing and encouraging stories from everyone here.i have smiled and laughed and rejoiced with all the good news on here while silently praying for my turn! I filed for vawa match 2017 but have a pending I-485 which i asked USCIS to hold until my vawa is adjucated which they did. My I-360 still says fees were waved..recently i got an update from uscis that my i485 is being transfered to vermont center to speed up the process..is this strange or what?

44 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I had a case the person lived with her husband for 24 hours and she was approved. Another case the guy lived with his wife 6 days, he was approved too and cases of living together 30 /45 days I had hundreds approved,that being said it's not the time you lived together that they will take into consideration but if you had a bonafide marriage.

Wow!! Lived together for 24 hours? 😂  Someone people are not here for the nonsense or BS. I tolerated so much that i should have been wiser.

Edited by Double

13 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

It honestly depends. I-485 is first transferred to the National Benefits Center. Some people get an online update for case transfer for this. Yours seems to be one. Sandra always says they typically take 30-45 days to work on it before transferring it to the local office. It can take longer though. USCIS is messy when it comes to online updates, so not everyone gets an update when the case gets transferred from NBC to the local office. I’ve never gotten that update but I got an update that my interview was scheduled, so I think they skipped that update. Don’t rely too much on online updates but more on actual notices you receive in the mail. Now it is up to how fast your local office is until you get scheduled for an interview. 

Thank you for your information. All the best to you. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

Congrats!!!! When I saw the post, I smiled so wide!!!! Yaaaay!! God is the greatest!! Blessings on your new life going forward! In 2 years and 9 months you will be able to apply for citizenship, providing you don’t get married again before then. Don’t forget to file your taxes every year. I heard it is a determining factor in citizenship approval. 

Thanks a lot!!!!!  ❤️

Oh wow I didn’t know that I can’t marry before I get the citizenship, I guess we just need to wait!:) 

Filed: Other Timeline
  2 hours ago, shayona said:

Hi Sandranj

•  
  •  
  • Thank a lot Sandranj,
  • its a great help to clear my confusion and worries as well. I deeply appreciated !!!

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Thanks a lot!!!!!  ❤️

Oh wow I didn’t know that I can’t marry before I get the citizenship, I guess we just need to wait!:) 

You can still married but you will have to wait for five years instead of three!

1 hour ago, Peppermint said:

Thanks a lot!!!!!  ❤️

@FocusedFemale @Peppermint

This is incorrect information. We discussed this earlier in this thread. You can marry and still apply 90 days before the 3 year mark of you having had your GC. The only condition is that you got your GC through an approved VAWA petition and that your ex spouse was a US citizen. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

3 hours ago, nap_o said:

Hey guys, 

This week has been exactly 12 months since I filed VAWA... I already had a pending i-485 from ex USC husband and did as @sandranj adviced to find out if AOS was still pending or denied through infopass.

How long do they usually take to request RFEs?

Wishing you strength to you all!

VAWA processing times can be found here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

It currently takes 16.5-20.5 months for them to open your case file and adjudicate it, meaning they will either approve or ask for an RFE if they believe there is not enough evidence. 

Considering that you filed 12 months ago, you will have to wait another 4.5 months at least before you hear anything. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.