2,949 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, sandranj said:

My diagnosis report said I have major depressive disorder. Does that meet the criteria of emotional abuse? 

Edited by TexasVAWA

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

So what’s the correct information?that as a Vawa green card holder you can’t married until after you become citizens?so you will have to wait until three years later??thats not fair

You cannot get married BEFORE VAWA APPROVAL, once approved you can get married. You can apply for Naturalization after 3 years if your former husband is a U.S Citizen.

5 minutes ago, Allrounder said:

Hi guys, please i need help from any body that has an idea, i wish to go to school for a nursing program, how can i use my Prima Facie to apply for a student, do i need to be unemployed before i can qualify or what criteria do i have to meet? Please i really don't have an idea how to go about it. Righg now i am woeking full time.

@Allrounder  you do not need to be unemployed to use your prima facie to receive financial aid. My financial aid got approved today so perfect timing, but let me just start by telling you that its a long and tedious process especially if the school does not know anything about prima facie and VAWA in general.

However, all you need to submit  when filing your free fafsa application is your ID, the prima facie, the I-797 for the I-360, and this dear college letter by hitting the link below.

https://ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/GEN1007.html

Best of Luck!!! 

1 minute ago, sandranj said:

This girl who lived with her husband for 24hours she works at a Law office and the attorney told her that USCIS would NOT approve her VAWA petition at all, and the attorney declined to file her VAWA petition. I filed her VAWA petition and she was approved.

You are amazing sandranj! You are the reason i finally got on here after following from afar! Thank God we have you! Wow what a story!

5 hours ago, gramercy said:

Getting married before your VAWA based I-485  is approved may make things tricky and subject the applicant to scrutiny, but after already becoming a LPR your path to citizenship isn't necessarily affected by whether you remarry or not.

That was the information I received. I was just sharing what I had read. Thank for clarification, I am happy to know this. 

Hi everyone! Hi @sandranj! I'm a new member. I have been reading previous threads and discussions here and it was a big help for me understanding VAWA (although I have my lawyer also). My VAWA application was sent on September 7, 2018 without my psychological evaluation and my certificate of good conduct because we were in a hurry to make it before the the new policy memorandum took effect. I have already worked on those two missing documents and they'll be ready in a week. Now, my concern is, it's been two weeks andI haven't received any receipt notices. Do you think they got it before September 11 or am I just waiting for a denial letter? Any response would be appreciated. Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Favoured Queen👑 said:

Eres increíble sandranj! ¡Tú eres la razón por la que finalmente llegué aquí después de seguir desde lejos! Gracias a Dios que te tenemos! ¡Qué historia!

God bless the collaborators of this forum, IWillsurvive, Damara and Sandra, among others are very very helpful people.
Sandra has helped me a lot in everything and always with a great intention of collaboration.
I think people who are thinking about submitting a new Vawa case should get advice from Sandra, she knows a lot about Vawa !!!

@sandranj I went to six counseling sessions for two months. My treatment, evaluation and diagnosis report consists of ten pages. The diagnosis report says I have a major depressive disorder. I am wondering if this is the convincing  reason along with other documents. 

34 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi everyone! Hi @sandranj! I'm a new member. I have been reading previous threads and discussions here and it was a big help for me understanding VAWA (although I have my lawyer also). My VAWA application was sent on September 7, 2018 without my psychological evaluation and my certificate of good conduct because we were in a hurry to make it before the the new policy memorandum took effect. I have already worked on those two missing documents and they'll be ready in a week. Now, my concern is, it's been two weeks andI haven't received any receipt notices. Do you think they got it before September 11 or am I just waiting for a denial letter? Any response would be appreciated. Thank you!

It typically takes 4-6 weeks to receive the receipt notice. You can however follow the post office’s tracking number you received  when you sent the forms to see when they received it. That will be your receipt date. 

38 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hello TexasVAWA, it is better that Sandra or some other collaborator with more experience orient you better, that being said, I can give you my opinion about your situation:
It happened to me similar to you, initially my Vawa was not sent with a psychological evaluation, it was sent with a letter from a therapist that expressed my diagnosis and expressed the reasons why I had reached that psychological state, after this, by recommendation of some collaborators, including Sandra, I decided to send a DETAILED psychological evaluation; this evaluation must explain not only your diagnosis, but also the reasons why the therapist comes to the conclusion of why you enter into the legal classification of a person who has suffered some type of disorder that qualifies him for Vawa, he must present the results of the different psychological tests to which you were subjected that yielded those results.
It is likely that, if your file was received by USCIS before September 11, approximately one month later you will receive an RFE requesting evidence of abuse and then you may submit such psychological evaluation.
I understand your concern about the date of receipt of your file by USCIS, I have the same question, I sent the response to my RFE on September 10 and I got an email saying that they received it on September 25, I hope that someone can clarify the reason for this.
Please consider my opinion taking into account that I am not an expert and that this information must be confirmed by a more experienced collaborator.

I hope you help my help!

2 hours ago, Favoured Queen👑 said:

Hi so good to have you on board!😍 at least let me give you the warm welcome i desperately searched for here but couldn't find! I pray good people attend to you soonest. Welcome once again!

Thank for your welcoming. Hope someone can help with your concern. I'm not a lawyer :( .. But I will keep posting stuff about VAWA and uscis that is important to keep tracking.. Have a bless day!

9 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

Hello TexasVAWA, it is better that Sandra or some other collaborator with more experience orient you better, that being said, I can give you my opinion about your situation:
It happened to me similar to you, initially my Vawa was not sent with a psychological evaluation, it was sent with a letter from a therapist that expressed my diagnosis and expressed the reasons why I had reached that psychological state, after this, by recommendation of some collaborators, including Sandra, I decided to send a DETAILED psychological evaluation; this evaluation must explain not only your diagnosis, but also the reasons why the therapist comes to the conclusion of why you enter into the legal classification of a person who has suffered some type of disorder that qualifies him for Vawa, he must present the results of the different psychological tests to which you were subjected that yielded those results.
It is likely that, if your file was received by USCIS before September 11, approximately one month later you will receive an RFE requesting evidence of abuse and then you may submit such psychological evaluation.
I understand your concern about the date of receipt of your file by USCIS, I have the same question, I sent the response to my RFE on September 10 and I got an email saying that they received it on September 25, I hope that someone can clarify the reason for this.
Please consider my opinion taking into account that I am not an expert and that this information must be confirmed by a more experienced collaborator.

I hope you help my help!

I have other concern. I noticed most people have PTSD in their report. But my psychologist says I have MDD(major depression disorder). I don't know if this will help to establish the emotional abuse. 

10 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

I hope you help my help!

Hi @Florecita_Bella! Yes, my lawyer and my therapist had been coordinating with each other and my therapist is really doing her best to help me. I already had 6 sessions with her and the last time I saw her she showed me the evaluation she was working on, she said it will take her up to 10-11 pages for that and will be done by next week. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.