2,949 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dejoy said:

Hi iwillsurvive I need help about my divorce pls any advice will help Thanks 

The best way to get a divorce is to hire an attorney. But if you don’t have no kids you can file it by yourself. If your spouse sign it you’re good, if not you will have to send it to his adress via usps with return. So usps can give you a return receipt. With that receipt you will be able to get a divorce. Again only if you don’t have kids together 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, JonShai said:

After waiting 9 months for my work authorization document, I decided to review the forms that were submitted to USCIS by my attorney in December 2017. I noticed that my social security number was incorrect on form I-765 even though it was correct on all other forms. I also noticed that she chose category c31 instead of category c09 on the form. My ex-husband is a USC and I am very frustrated right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Please advice as to what can be done to fix this error???

Sorry any this. Please advise your attorney to fill out a new 765 form (C9), attach copies of your NOAs and write a cover letter to explain.

That should help

1 hour ago, JonShai said:

After waiting 9 months for my work authorization document, I decided to review the forms that were submitted to USCIS by my attorney in December 2017. I noticed that my social security number was incorrect on form I-765 even though it was correct on all other forms. I also noticed that she chose category c31 instead of category c09 on the form. My ex-husband is a USC and I am very frustrated right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Hi,

I had the same situation with my work authorization, 9-10 months past till I realized I filled under c31. I’ve sent a few letters asking uscis to forgive my mistake and issue me a work authorization, the fees were paid from the very beginning. They asked me for another check of 410$ and then I got my letter back, by the time I was thinking what to do my petition was approved. 

Filled May 2017, got my work authorization and 360 approved in August 2018.

Hi, Everyone. Please make me clear about this. I'm in remove proceeding.I received NTA 6 months ago without court date. My lawyer told me that due to court backlog, I have to wait until court put me into the system, It could take more than a year. While waiting for court to put me into calendar  for master hearing, my lawyer decide to send I360 package out to USCIS. what are my options now? She told me that I could only  get green card from the immigration court. How is that work?  I kept reading, I still could not find any that adjust status in court with I360 approved with uscis. Can Vawa COR file i360 with UScis.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, Damara said:

Is the place far from you? Sometimes going in person gets better results then over the phone. There is no formal way to ask for a copy of the lease. They should provide one to you if you ask but if the lease is over they dont really have to go out of their way to give you a copy of it from their files since you should have one in your files. So if possible go there and ask in person nicely. If she doesnt want to go searching for it you can ask her if she can write you a very basic letter saying you guys were tenants there from X date to Y date and they have a copy of your signed lease on file. If she refuses to do that- then try to get a letter from her stating you guys were tenants there and you are asking for the lease and she is unable to provide it. I dont know. See if you can get anything and then review it and see if it would be useful.

The above, certainly.

Apartment complexes are usually run by management companies.

The manager and receptionist are employees.

If you're politely asking and are being treated rudely, go over their heads and appeal to the management company.

An executive or manager there should be able to get some positive response.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/13/2018 at 7:33 PM, GWMAW said:

Hi everyone,

I need you help please,

I filed my i-360 back in April 2017. Today I received an RFE for a shared residence. They said I submitted a joint lease, but the landlord did not sign. I double checked the lease and was true the landlord did not sign it and I submitted it blindly without noticing that.

My concern right now is how can I get the proof that we lived together when the incident happened. The thing is we really lived together but the issue is the lease was not signed with the landlord and now it looks like is not an evidence anymore.

I have tried to contact the rental property office to ask for the copy of the lease which showed that the landlord signed it but the receptionist is rude and had be so rude. She is a very hard person to deal with. She said she does not have the copy with her and she keeps copies of past leases in a storage and with the tone that she will not waste her time to go and get that copy for me. I told her that I have the lease but was not signed by the landlord and she said I can drop it and the landlord will sign it once he gets there and then said the land lord is out of town and comes there once in a week and she does not know when exactly the landlord will show up. 

Do you think if the landlord perhaps signs it, will it be enough evidence to show that we resided together? Can I also ask them to write for me a certified letter showing that me and him resided together for that period? Or do you think by only signing a lease would be enough? She also said for her to write a letter for me, she would need someone to send her a verification letter to release information to them of which I do not know where to get that letter from.

From the other evidence options requested, I can ask my mom, young sister and a friend to write affidavits that they were aware that me and my ex-husband lived together. My mom and my young sister live in my country, and by them writing affidavits of being aware that we lived together, do you think that will be another strong evidence since they are not living here?

I am aware that I have to write a self-affidavit explaining why we did not have common address for the insurance, taxes and bank account, but I need help on how I can prove that I resided with my ex husband on that period of time. My utilities were all included on the rental agreement, so far looks like I do not have another evidence apart from that

Please help

I answered you through  private message because you contacted and asked me this question.

Timeline
7 hours ago, JonShai said:

A good  attorney would choose category C9 and not C31 .You have to file I-765 again and choose category C9.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Florecita_Bella said:

I was denied I-485, because my ex-husband removed I-130 and I am now in the Vawa process.
I'm not feeling well and would like to know if going to the emergency room (Hospital) can bring me some legal problem with immigration.

You won't have any problem,go to the hospital.Feel better.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hopenyc said:

Hi, Everyone. Please make me clear about this. I'm in remove proceeding.I received NTA 6 months ago without court date. My lawyer told me that due to court backlog, I have to wait until court put me into the system, It could take more than a year. While waiting for court to put me into calendar  for master hearing, my lawyer decide to send I360 package out to USCIS. what are my options now? She told me that I could only  get green card from the immigration court. How is that work?  I kept reading, I still could not find any that adjust status in court with I360 approved with uscis. Can Vawa COR file i360 with UScis.

Thank you

Your attorney is wrong. You can adjust status  through USCIS or in Court. After your VAWA is approved your attorney can ask the USCIS Counsel to file a joint motion to terminate removal proceedings, that we call "JOINT MOTION TO TERMINATE WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO PURSUE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS WITH USCIS", and usually the USCIS Counsel  agrees to sign, once the removal is terminated you can adjust status with USCIS.Many visa members had the removal proceedings terminated and USCIS adjudicated their adjustment of status.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Florecita_Bella said:

What happens is that I do not have much money to cover the clinical expenses in the hospital and I would like to know if accepting financial aid can bring me immigration problems.

Pell grant and student loan are not considered as public charge. So yes you can get financial aid. It will not affect you AOS at all

10 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney is wrong. You can adjust status  through USCIS or in Court. After your VAWA is approved your attorney can ask the USCIS Counsel to file a joint motion to terminate removal proceedings, that we call "JOINT MOTION TO TERMINATE WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO PURSUE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS WITH USCIS", and usually the USCIS Counsel  agrees to sign, once the removal is terminated you can adjust status with USCIS.Many visa members had the removal proceedings terminated and USCIS adjudicated their adjustment of status.

Thanks @sandranj  The thing is my case not yet file with the immigration court. I knew that I won't be able to get work permit through uscis with I360. only the court.

1. Do I have to wait until they place me in court system? (could take a year or 2) So I will be able to file relief, work permit at the master hearing?

2. I don't really want to waste my time for nothing while waiting for Court date, I decide to file I360.

if I have a master hearing while I360 pending, what would happen?

if I360 approved before they put me into a system, will I have to wait until i get into system? (take forever?) no work permit

How could the lawyer filed motion to terminate if I'm not in court system yet?  

It's complicated situation.  I'm lost. without this clear,  I would go crazy in my mind.

I could wait and to be patient for this. I don't want to get so much stress.

Edited by Hopenyc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.