msscarlette

Any AOS filers 2018 for Washington DC (Fairfax,VA)?

95 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Got notification that we’re scheduled but haven’t got the date yet. I’m assuming February but hoping for January 😀

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I will be having interview in DC field office too.

My case status has been ready to be scheduled for an interview since Nov 9th.  NOA1 is Aug 30th.

I noticed @John and Janay has his interview notice already, which means mine is on the way ( hopefully).

Can't wait !

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ani924 said:

Hey Dc filers! As you guys have your interviews I wanted to request if you could post your experiences post interview as you have them? Thanks!

Yea i have my interview in fairfax next month. Definitely will do.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/18/2018 at 9:55 AM, RLA said:

I filed in June 2018.  My interview will be in January. 

So my interview was last week.  Guess it is time to report back how it went: 

There is a parking garage right behind the building, $7.  One can also take the metro, Orange Line.  Unlike with the place where they do the biometrics appointments, here one has to go through airport level security to get in, even take one's shoes off.  I'd not have worn my winter boots if I had known that.  No coffee allowed inside, unfortunately. 

Inside there is a government standard waiting area with water fountains, rest rooms, and TV screens.  They were showing HGTV, which made for a pleasant distraction.  Another way to pass the time is people-watching with one's spouse, especially playing spot-the-lawyer.  You can also play on your phone, despite all the signs prohibiting the use of electronic devices.  Nobody seems to care, and I spotted one kindle and several phones out in the open.

We had to wait about 40 minutes beyond our appointed time.  However, that does not seem to be normal, as our officer apologized and even attempted some kind of vague explanation.  The interview itself was short and almost pleasant.  There was only one real question ("How did you meet?").  The rest of the time was spent rattling through the potential ineligibilities ("Did you ever participate in genocide?  Do you plan to overthrow the U.S. government? …") and taking fingerprints and a photo again.  Our officer didn't even ask for additional supporting evidence, but he took copies when we offered them.  He had to check with his supervisor, otherwise he would have approved us on the spot.  I was allowed to keep my EAD card. 

All in all I felt that this was a bit of a waste of time, both for the officer and for us.  Under the old rules we would probably have been approved without an interview.  

Edited by RLA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thanks RLA for the tips! We have our interview on the 29th of January! Super nervous and excited! Hopefully it will go as well as yours did.  Priority date July 09, 2018. 

On 1/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, Tilde333 said:

Thanks RLA for the tips! We have our interview on the 29th of January! Super nervous and excited! Hopefully it will go as well as yours did.  Priority date July 09, 2018. 

Ooh good luck!! do post your experience! Hope it goes well!

On 1/17/2019 at 11:51 AM, RLA said:

There is a parking garage right behind the building, $7.  One can also take the metro, Orange Line.  Unlike with the place where they do the biometrics appointments, here one has to go through airport level security to get in, even take one's shoes off.  I'd not have worn my winter boots if I had known that.  No coffee allowed inside, unfortunately. 

Inside there is a government standard waiting area with water fountains, rest rooms, and TV screens.  They were showing HGTV, which made for a pleasant distraction.  Another way to pass the time is people-watching with one's spouse, especially playing spot-the-lawyer.  You can also play on your phone, despite all the signs prohibiting the use of electronic devices.  Nobody seems to care, and I spotted one kindle and several phones out in the open.

We had to wait about 40 minutes beyond our appointed time.  However, that does not seem to be normal, as our officer apologized and even attempted some kind of vague explanation.  The interview itself was short and almost pleasant.  There was only one real question ("How did you meet?").  The rest of the time was spent rattling through the potential ineligibilities ("Did you ever participate in genocide?  Do you plan to overthrow the U.S. government? …") and taking fingerprints and a photo again.  Our officer didn't even ask for additional supporting evidence, but he took copies when we offered them.  He had to check with his supervisor, otherwise he would have approved us on the spot.  I was allowed to keep my EAD card. 

All in all I felt that this was a bit of a waste of time, both for the officer and for us.  Under the old rules we would probably have been approved without an interview.  

Congrats!!!! You’re done with part of your immigration journey, your interview didn’t sound bad at all! :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 11:51 AM, RLA said:

Thank you so much for this. Our interview is 31 January and we’re super excited and equally nervous. Fingers crossed it goes well and easy. 

So so did they approve your case? Any update on when your card will come? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.