848 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, camerlotte2019 said:

You & me both... :( did she have an explanation as to why no appointment has been scheduled?

@LizM my AP says this exactly... On June 11, 2019, we mailed your document for Receipt Number X, directly to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your document by July 11, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request the document be sent to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

so this looks like I may be receiving a separate card for my AP which seems odd. 

She had no explanation whatsoever. At least you're getting the AP. My AP and EAD statuses say "My case was recieved". I need the combo card urgently as I need to work in Columbia during grad school! Also need to travel in December. I'm really frustrated.

7 minutes ago, camerlotte2019 said:

You & me both... :( did she have an explanation as to why no appointment has been scheduled?

@LizM my AP says this exactly... On June 11, 2019, we mailed your document for Receipt Number X, directly to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your document by July 11, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request the document be sent to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

so this looks like I may be receiving a separate card for my AP which seems odd. 

Hm yea that sounds more like you're getting your AP. Weird that they would process them separately. But don't worry, it shouldn't affect the processing of your EAD. The AP part of the combo card does not need a completed biometrics so it's not a mistake either. Just positive news.

The negative news is no biometrics for either of the two of you. If you guys have the time and the will, if I were you I might try to go to the biometrics center... It's a long shot without the letter, but if you have a case number and a government ID, they might make an exception for you if you're lucky. @Maham10

Edited by LizM

h

9 minutes ago, LizM said:

Hm yea that sounds more like you're getting your AP. Weird that they would process them separately. But don't worry, it shouldn't affect the processing of your EAD. The AP part of the combo card does not need a completed biometrics so it's not a mistake either. Just positive news.

The negative news is no biometrics for either of the two of you. If you guys have the time and the will, if I were you I might try to go to the biometrics center... It's a long shot without the letter, but if you have a case number and a government ID, they might make an exception for you if you're lucky. @Maham10

That’s a good suggestion - worth a try nonetheless. Do you know where it is located or what I need to type in to google to find the correct address? Thanks both for your help.

3 minutes ago, camerlotte2019 said:

That’s a good suggestion - worth a try nonetheless. Do you know where it is located or what I need to type in to google to find the correct address? Thanks both for your help.

Which borough are you in? Search Google maps for USCIS Application Support Center. I'd pick the one in my borough if I were you, even if another one is closer. The one in your borough is one you would've been sent to had you gotten the letter. They will probably ask for the letter but tell them it's been months and you never got it and they can hopefully make an exception. 

h

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, LizM said:

I'm totally going to try to do that! 2 months is too long! Sometimes I feel like out paperwork got lost in some piles

25 minutes ago, LizM said:

Also, I believe checking the letter is one of the first things they do before they decide to let you into the waiting room, if I don't remember wrong. Don't blame me if they refuse you :P If I were you I would totally give it a try though, wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.

I’ll give it a go and keep you posted on the outcome! 😊 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/17/2019 at 3:12 PM, slow_brooklyn said:

This might explain why my wife's biometrics appointment was in queens but our interview was way out in long island.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Case Ready for Interview

Happy Happy!

Do we have anymore paperwork to submit?

It's been 54 weeks  since Jing  arrived at JFK.

I see other  Timelines  show Biometrics soon after 'Case Ready'.

We had our finger printing & Biometrics last Summer

After two (2) RFE's USCIS has  exhausted us.

Neil & Jing

16 minutes ago, PRC Rabbit said:

Case Ready for Interview

Happy Happy!

Neil & Jing

Once your interview is scheduled and the letter is mailed to you that will have a list of things you need to prepare and bring. Some of it is stuff that requires copies for the officers to keep (if that’s the question you’re asking.)

On 6/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, LizM said:

Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well. Wonderful to hear that some of you are already getting your green cards!

I'm good, I've been keeping busy with work and will travel back to Sweden this summer which I look forward to. The anniversary of my AOS application is coming up in a few days - I'm yet to hear anything about an interview. I have noticed that they seem to be poking in my case more often these days, in the first 7-8 months I barely got any notifications and now I get the "we are still reviewing your case" weekly if not more often. But I of course have no clue if it actually means anything. 

I wish I could squeeze you. I can’t believe you haven’t heard anything for AOS yet :(

No idea why I haven’t been keeping up with this thread but here’s my timeline:

AOS/EAD/AP all sent at once:

•Applied Nov 6 2018

•USCIS received notice on Nov 9 2018

•Biometrics on December 10 2018

•RFIE for AOS received on April 16 2019

•Sent off RFIE response on May 09 2019

•Ready to be scheduled for interview on June 5 2019 (my birthday!)

•Interview scheduled on June 11 2019

•Letter received on June 15 2019

•Interview is on July 25th, at Long Island field office - Holtsville (15 mins from our house!)

•••(want to add that my Interview letter was sent to my old address despite changing it on the USCIS website 4 months prior and receiving letters at our new address confirming the change)•••

(No EAD/AP, 224 days since filing)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
20 hours ago, PRC Rabbit said:

Case Ready for Interview

Happy Happy!

Neil & Jing

Which borough are you living in?

Edited by Jacobzf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.