Salman94

F4 interview experience; administrative processing, NEED HELP!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The only issues I see are of your own making.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 15/07/2018 at 10:22 AM, Boiler said:

The only issues I see are of your own making.

I agree.....the heading completely threw me off because the post itself was the norm. 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Madihaha said:

Anyupdate on ur case?

We submitted the birth certificate of my father on 21-July-2018. It took us a week because we had to issue a new birth certificate. We submitted it at Lahore’s courier office. The case has not been updated till now. We have not been contacted by embassy as well. Wait is on. 

Timeline
On 7/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, Triple28 said:

Some COs use a strategy when they interview. Hard question and rude are some of them. As long as you give them a true statement, detail information, and remain calm, they will believe you. 

People thought that interview for family petition is not hard as interview for spouse petition, so they don't prepare well. When they feel nervous, they cannot give a clear answer and raise a suspicous about honest.

For the birth certificate, the CO did not believe it was true, and he noted that in the checklist which was sent to the interviewer later. That's why the interviewer asked you many questions.

For the question "why did you stay for 6 months in visiting US?", she thought your father had stayed there to work (not permitted with visiting visa). If your father said that he visited friends and families, he had to give more details such as visited locations, which friends, how long... not a general answer like travel many place. That's why the translator did not translate his answer because it was not what the CO want. When your father said that he went to uncle's store in US, they knew "Ah ha you worked there with your visiting visa", and revoked his visiting visa.

For the arabic police certificate, although it has an English part, she needed a translation for arabic part, because she did not know what it was and need a translator to certify that the arabic content was the same as English. That's why she did not happy when missing the English translation.

For the action sending back your brother's passport, she knew the procedure would be very long. Your brother should got his passport and applied later when your visa approved. The confrontation with the CO was not a good idea, because she had a bad impression with your case already.

I don't think the CO did something wrong, at least they gave your many chances to avoid problem with Fraud and Willful Misrepresentation, which leads to a ban for visa. For 221g form which they sent you, at least they need only your father's birth certificate. As long as you can provide it you will be okay.

The status will be changed to Refused, then Administrative Processing after you submit missing documents.

As long as it shows AP, it is a good suggestion that it will be shown Issued.

However, no one can give you an exact date for how long of the process. There are people had been waiting for 3 months after submiting missing docs.

What you can do is checking the status and praying.

Remember that, you have to submit ALL of required documents at the SAME time. Do not submit several documents in several times which will lead to a delay, because they will not review your docs until they believe that you submit them ALL.

We submitted birth certificate on 21/7/2018. My case was recently updated on 30/7/2018. Is this a good indication?  What does it mean and what can I do to expedite my case?

8 hours ago, Salman94 said:

We submitted birth certificate on 21/7/2018. My case was recently updated on 30/7/2018. Is this a good indication?  What does it mean and what can I do to expedite my case?

1.Relax

2.Deep breath

3.Wait

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
On 7/15/2018 at 8:36 AM, Triple28 said:

Some COs use a strategy when they interview. Hard question and rude are some of them. As long as you give them a true statement, detail information, and remain calm, they will believe you. 

People thought that interview for family petition is not hard as interview for spouse petition, so they don't prepare well. When they feel nervous, they cannot give a clear answer and raise a suspicous about honest.

For the birth certificate, the CO did not believe it was true, and he noted that in the checklist which was sent to the interviewer later. That's why the interviewer asked you many questions.

For the question "why did you stay for 6 months in visiting US?", she thought your father had stayed there to work (not permitted with visiting visa). If your father said that he visited friends and families, he had to give more details such as visited locations, which friends, how long... not a general answer like travel many place. That's why the translator did not translate his answer because it was not what the CO want. When your father said that he went to uncle's store in US, they knew "Ah ha you worked there with your visiting visa", and revoked his visiting visa.

For the arabic police certificate, although it has an English part, she needed a translation for arabic part, because she did not know what it was and need a translator to certify that the arabic content was the same as English. That's why she did not happy when missing the English translation.

For the action sending back your brother's passport, she knew the procedure would be very long. Your brother should got his passport and applied later when your visa approved. The confrontation with the CO was not a good idea, because she had a bad impression with your case already.

I don't think the CO did something wrong, at least they gave your many chances to avoid problem with Fraud and Willful Misrepresentation, which leads to a ban for visa. For 221g form which they sent you, at least they need only your father's birth certificate. As long as you can provide it you will be okay.

The status will be changed to Refused, then Administrative Processing after you submit missing documents.

As long as it shows AP, it is a good suggestion that it will be shown Issued.

However, no one can give you an exact date for how long of the process. There are people had been waiting for 3 months after submiting missing docs.

What you can do is checking the status and praying.

Remember that, you have to submit ALL of required documents at the SAME time. Do not submit several documents in several times which will lead to a delay, because they will not review your docs until they believe that you submit them ALL.

Another thing I would like you to consider. Our original interview date was 25-July-2018 but due to general elections embassy asked us to attend interview on 13-July-2018. Does this have anything to do with administrative processing? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Salman94 said:

Another thing I would like you to consider. Our original interview date was 25-July-2018 but due to general elections embassy asked us to attend interview on 13-July-2018. Does this have anything to do with administrative processing? 

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Salman94 said:

No. Administrative processing is reviewing and processing your supporting documents, because you did not provide original birth certificate.

Interview rescheduling does not affect it.

How long is this process? We cannot predict. Some people has been waited for 3 months.

As I said, as long as it shows Administrative processing, it is a good sign and you can hope that your case will be processed.

The process depends on the consular officer who will review your documents and they are very busy with many cases. 

You can write an email to ask the Embassy/consulate about your case status every month, but do not ask them everyday or every week to annoy them.

Edited by Triple28

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline

On 24-Sep-2014, after completion of 60 days from submission of supplemental documents, we recieved an email from Islamabad Embassy, requesting to provide additional information of principal applicant in a questionnaire. 

First few lines of email are, “Dear Visa Applicant: Thank you for interviewing at U.S. Embassy, Islamabad. Your visa application has been refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigrant and Nationality Act pending the submission of the requested information below.” 

What does this indicate? Case now would be delayed for how much longer as my father does not use social media much. 

Moreover, subject of email is, “Additional information questionnaire for Mohammad Razzaq - ISL***********”. Should we only provide the information for my father, Mohammad Razzaq (Principal Applicant) or for the whole family? Kindly help. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Salman94 said:

What does this indicate?

That it's temporarily refused until you submit the information they want (by answering the questionnaire).

6 hours ago, Salman94 said:

Moreover, subject of email is, “Additional information questionnaire for Mohammad Razzaq - ISL***********”. Should we only provide the information for my father, Mohammad Razzaq (Principal Applicant) or for the whole family? Kindly help. 

Each question should be answered based on what it is asking---if the question asks for info on one person, answer only for that person.  If the question asks about other family member info, then answers should include that info about them as well.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

8 hours ago, Salman94 said:

On 24-Sep-2014, after completion of 60 days from submission of supplemental documents, we recieved an email from Islamabad Embassy, requesting to provide additional information of principal applicant in a questionnaire. 

First few lines of email are, “Dear Visa Applicant: Thank you for interviewing at U.S. Embassy, Islamabad. Your visa application has been refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigrant and Nationality Act pending the submission of the requested information below.” 

What does this indicate? Case now would be delayed for how much longer as my father does not use social media much. 

On 9/9/2018 at 8:32 AM, Salman94 said:

Still waiting

You have to understand that the people who interviewed your family know what they are doing. It has now been 2 months and your case is still being processed. Now your brother will have to request his passport back. The CO tried to inform you that this process will take some time but your brother was insistent on them taking his passport.

We understand that this is a stressful time for your family but you have to understand that these people are doing their jobs. You can't force them to speed up everything.

It has been said over and over again that all you should do know is wait. Nobody here knows exactly how long it will take. It could take a few more weeks or it could take a few more months.

Be patient. Your time will come.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.