1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ttjewell said:

Got my Green card in the mail today 👏 

Just wondering when I can expect my SSN to arrive. I ticked the box on the application to get one sent to me. 

Congratulations. You will have to go to social security office to apply for a ssn card as the form you ticked was for work authorization not for the change of status. 

When i got my green card in October, because I didn’t get a work permit, i had to go apply for ssn at the office   

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My case status for I-765 changed to "New Card Being Produced" today. 

Case was received 7/27 and NOA was 8/2. Took a total of 137 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Damn, congrats @Jiga! I'm currently on 134 days. They received my case exactly the same day as yours actually, on the 31st of July! I'm hoping to find out soon. I've been checking the case checker and not the other new one. Which one is best to be checking?

1 hour ago, jebrown194 said:

Damn, congrats @Jiga! I'm currently on 134 days. They received my case exactly the same day as yours actually, on the 31st of July! I'm hoping to find out soon. I've been checking the case checker and not the other new one. Which one is best to be checking?

In my case I recieved the card in the mail with no notification in the case tracker or on dhs website 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife & 12 yr old stepdaughter just received an update at the DHS website, as well as text messages: their EAD & AP's were approved Dec 10, yay!

We have received an RFIE on Nov 5, which was a request for my 2017 tax return (I only submitted the extension form with the AOS/EAD/AP package). Mailed the return to them on Nov 20, and AOS went to "Ready to schedule interview" on Dec 5.

We were worried that the RFIE might reset the clock or significantly delay the EAD & AP, but looks like both were approved pretty quickly after the response to RFIE was received. I'd read elsewhere that RFIE for tax returns wouldn't hold up the process or reset any clocks, provided the returns were sent in quickly in response, and that was true for us.

Now just waiting for the AOS interview backlog at San Francisco, for the interview to get scheduled.

Edited by GarryAndMarie
I oops a word

5 hours ago, jebrown194 said:

My status was changed in case tracker. But there is no update in the new site

8 hours ago, jebrown194 said:

Don’t rely too much on the online sites, my case tracker still says “Case Received,” and the DHS one didn’t update my status until the day after I received my approval letter! Your mail might be on its way right now. 😊 Best of luck, you’ll get there soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Loafhack said:

Don’t rely too much on the online sites, my case tracker still says “Case Received,” and the DHS one didn’t update my status until the day after I received my approval letter! Your mail might be on its way right now. 😊 Best of luck, you’ll get there soon! 

I hope you're right! How long did the card take to get to you after the letter came?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

so I'm starting to stress out 

My Status for EAD changed to card being mailed on 12/1 on the new site but as of yesterday (I haven't checked mail yet today) I haven't received any mail

How long do these cards normally take to arrive (I'm just out of Nashville if that helps)? Hell at this point i would just be glad for approval letters.

we travel interstate on tuesday til just after christmas so i'm stressing about mail getting here when i'm not

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
18 hours ago, Kat1182 said:

so I'm starting to stress out 

My Status for EAD changed to card being mailed on 12/1 on the new site but as of yesterday (I haven't checked mail yet today) I haven't received any mail

How long do these cards normally take to arrive (I'm just out of Nashville if that helps)? Hell at this point i would just be glad for approval letters.

we travel interstate on tuesday til just after christmas so i'm stressing about mail getting here when i'm not

You should have received (it's in the card being mailed notification)  a tracking number where you can track the delivery of the card....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

You should have received (it's in the card being mailed notification)  a tracking number where you can track the delivery of the card....

hmmm I wasn't given a tracking number 

this is from new site and only info i have (other than case was approved) 

765.thumb.png.8a58414b8488837e3b5bafa80389d1d4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.