1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/24/2018 at 2:20 PM, AOSjuly said:

I’m just hoping it has nothing to do with my local office otherwise it might be coming in two years like the GC,😭

and San Francisco is not accepting info pass for anything except urgencies for AP, basically you have nowhere to turn to if your cases fallen behide the desk, stressful! 

I’m from San Francisco as well.. we were hoping to travel overseas in February, we hope to get the AP soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Vholde346 said:

Hey! 

I just wanted to jump in and say that I changed my address the way that you did, and only received one email, but when I go into my case history for the other petitions, it acknowledges my address change. Also confirmed via tier 1 when I called. 

AHHHHHHHHHH
Thank you girl!!!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, DPP123 said:

Girl... if i have to tell my  husband he is not getting his Christmas wish, I will have to work double (if you know what i mean LOL)

THINK POSITIVE
HE is gonna get his Christmas Wish!

Sending xmas dusts!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that all states have different local USCIS offices and so if some early Julies got their documentation before Junies or May'ers, it is more often than not because their local office is not as backed up as others.

Good luck and may your waiting game be over soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AL-MJD said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that all states have different local USCIS offices and so if some early Julies got their documentation before Junies or May'ers, it is more often than not because their local office is not as backed up as others.

Good luck and may your waiting game be over soon.

That's incorrect

most of us here are talking about EAD/APs

that has nothing to do with your local office. NBC deals with that

Local office only deals with AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

That's incorrect

Girl... have a good weekend! *raises hands up in air*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 hours ago, emekus94 said:

That's incorrect

that's true. but your EAD is gonna require you to do biometrics. and that responsibility lies with your local office. so how many appointments are backed up for your local office is going to count.

7 hours ago, BaconSF said:

I’m from San Francisco as well.. we were hoping to travel overseas in February, we hope to get the AP soon!

Hang on there with positive thoughts, 😉Feb might be possible if NBC currently processing June files, but Ive been  tracking some cases filed on July, and seems they are not processes the cases by chronological order, not entirely tho, coz some receipt numbers that are couple hundreds far behind me are early July filers are still waiting (seems the receipt number is not given according to chronological order too), but some cases near my receipt number on mid July already received their cards. I think this might be a game called who’s the lucky one 😹

Timeline
19 minutes ago, AL-MJD said:

that's true. but your EAD is gonna require you to do biometrics. and that responsibility lies with your local office. so how many appointments are backed up for your local office is going to count.

Incorrect.
Biometrics are NOT done at your local office

They are done at ASC (Application Support Centers)

I see you already had ur AOS interview- if you check the address for ur local office and where u did biometrics, u will see that they were not the same place.

ASCs are never (rarely) backed up since literally all they do is fingerprinting services- and as almost everyone knows, it takes 5-20 mins to be in and outta there.

And most people are sent to the ASC close to them- not necessarily the one in their local city. 
There are usually multiple ASCs per city whereas each city ONLY has one local office (am not counting the big places like LA). Some smaller states might even only even get one local office but might have 2-3 ASC offices

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Incorrect.

I see you already had ur AOS interview- if you check the address for ur local office and where u did biometrics, u will see that they were not the same place.

ASCs are never (rarely) backed up since literally all they do is fingerprinting services- and as almost everyone knows, it takes 5-20 mins to be in and outta there.

And most people are sent to the ASC close to them- not necessarily the one in their local city. 
There are usually multiple ASCs per city whereas each city ONLY has one local office (am not counting the big places like LA). Some smaller states might even only even get one local office but might have 2-3 ASC offices

emekus94 - The tone of your posts read as a little condescending and accusatory. This is an incredibly complex process that we are all trying to navigate. Let's try to keep this forum as supportive and positive as possible. 

19 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Incorrect.

I did my biometrics in my local office wish is San Antonio 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, hockey234 said:

emekus94 - The tone of your posts read as a little condescending and accusatory. This is an incredibly complex process that we are all trying to navigate. Let's try to keep this forum as supportive and positive as possible. 

Am not trying to be condescending

I am trying to be clear BECAUSE of the complexity of the process

Too many times we have had people come on here panicking for no good reason because of misinformation

I can sit back and let the misinformation slide but I am trying to emphasize some points so people don't feel unnecessarily stressed on issues that are not meant to cause stress.

Saying People's EADs are delayed because of their local office is simply incorrect. Short and simple

Local office has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I was in Houston for while that is barely processing April 2017 files and did my bio metrics just fine along with people from faster offices.
and some folks in the Houston office already their EADs but have quite a while to go to get GC.

Someone might come on here tomorrow and read that and freak out. Am trying to make sure that people know what is what.

EAD is NBC-- that's an average of 4-6 months for everybody
AOS is local office- that's all over the place

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, emekus94 said:

Am not trying to be condescending

I am trying to be clear to be BECAUSE of the complexity of the process

Too many times we have had people come on here panicking for no good reason because of misinformation

I can sit back and let the misinformation slide but I am trying to emphasize some points so people don't feel unnecessarily stressed on issues that are not meant to cause stress.

Saying People's EADs are delayed because of their EADs is simply incorrect. Short and simple

Someone might come on here tomorrow and read that and freak out. Am trying to make sure that people know what is what.

I think both efforts - clarity in a respectful and supportive manner - are possible. 

Timeline
Just now, hockey234 said:

I think both efforts - clarity in a respectful and supportive manner - are possible. 

I have always tried to be clear and respectful and supportive of everyone on this forum because we're all going through the same struggles. 

scroll through the last 82 pages of this forum alone and you can see that.

For the sake of not having this "drag" on for too long and spamming people with these posts- I'll quit replying now

And respectively take into consideration your comments.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.