dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, Beast7 said:

Thanks

Can we pay IV fees while Aos fees is in process?

And after uploading documents in how many days you got case complete and interview scheduled?

Yes, you can pay both together. 

I uploaded 7/1. I think on 7/13 I got a message to upload a horizontal copy of passport . Still waiting since then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
20 hours ago, Bluretto said:

Hello everyone,congratulations to those that have gotten their case numbers,cc,interview dates and approval at the embassy.please i have a quick question,does the CO’s go easy on a military spouse during the interview?

I’m a military spouse as well. We’re all treated the same I guess. My spouse is positive they will at the day of interview because everyone knows whose in the military respects their country and are loyal to it and wouldn’t go through all this if It wasn’t legit but obviously if they ask you stuff about his commands etc you must be able to answer their Qs

Edited by valentinasc

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I will be entering my 9th week tomorrow waiting to receive a case/invoice #. 

We have a lawyer but since I’m anxious to be with my husband I obviously want the process to speed up so could you explain to me the terms ive circled in red and their aproxímate processing/waiting times ?

im a Non pivot case 

DD713554-CB2E-40DE-BA35-8DF6FC09ACC9.jpeg

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, The C&J said:

Hi. Just want to ask how long will it take to receive invoice for IV Application. We already paid for AOS and filled up ds261. But IV Application's status says "not invoiced".

Thanks!

Call NVC tomorrow to review your ds261 over the phone with you since you have received your welcome letter.

If an agent does that for you over the phone tomorrow,you should receive the invoice for IV fee within the week.

1 minute ago, Abies said:

Call NVC tomorrow to review your ds261 over the phone with you since you have received your welcome letter.

If an agent does that for you over the phone tomorrow,you should receive the invoice for IV fee within the week.

Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, valentinasc said:

I’m a military spouse as well. We’re all treated the same I guess. My spouse is positive they will at the day of interview because everyone knows whose in the military respects their country and are loyal to it and wouldn’t go through all this if It wasn’t legit but obviously if they ask you stuff about his commands etc you must be able to answer their Qs

Okay dear thanks,things about his command like what and what?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Uoas said:

How long it took for you to get your case number ? 

All together it took us a whole 9 weeks. The very moment it went past 8 weeks I called to escalate it to a supervisor and then called twice a day until they gave me one hhhh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, judy karim said:

All together it took us a whole 9 weeks. The very moment it went past 8 weeks I called to escalate it to a supervisor and then called twice a day until they gave me one hhhh

Hopefully you start calling tomorrow for a CC 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, CO_Tonya said:

I have escalated, I have spoken to a supervisor...long story short is that my case was determined to be an electronic and when I called on week 9 they said my received date was 7/6, which I immediately escalated to a supervisor telling them that my receive date communicated was 5/7 since the beginning and that every week I was told the same thing for the last 8 weeks.  They have my case under supervisor review, but told me this can take up to 6 weeks.  So, I am just calling twice daily.  

CO_Tonya, this sounds like the exact situation for me. Next week will be going on 12 weeks since NVC received our case from Nebraska. I called 8 weeks and then again after the 9 weeks and was told that they didn't receive it until June 20th (which is wrong - NVC received it April 23rd) and immediately I asked them to escalate to a supervisor to correct. I've called repeatedly and have been told it is in the review stage or QC stage and I should hear any day, but nope. Last week I was told it is flagged for review, but that could take up to 6 weeks. Ugh. I guess we will just hold tight. Nothing I can do at this point but to wait and see if I hear anything from the review.

Best of luck and it will all work out!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
33 minutes ago, jp178686 said:

CO_Tonya, this sounds like the exact situation for me. Next week will be going on 12 weeks since NVC received our case from Nebraska. I called 8 weeks and then again after the 9 weeks and was told that they didn't receive it until June 20th (which is wrong - NVC received it April 23rd) and immediately I asked them to escalate to a supervisor to correct. I've called repeatedly and have been told it is in the review stage or QC stage and I should hear any day, but nope. Last week I was told it is flagged for review, but that could take up to 6 weeks. Ugh. I guess we will just hold tight. Nothing I can do at this point but to wait and see if I hear anything from the review.

Best of luck and it will all work out!

Kinda what I have determined, just keep calling and keep waiting....are you pivot or non-pivot?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.