Amisharjil

Consular section instructed me to send more documents

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If your father's current income is sufficient, then he qualifies as joint sponsor.  He would submit a pay stub showing his new current income.  His tax return need to show sufficient income.  Tax returns are about the past.  Although the information is required from, them "Employed" people do not qualify based on past income.  It's "current income".  Mom would still provide the I-864a as household member whether she has income or not.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 01/07/2018 at 5:38 AM, pushbrk said:

If your father's current income is sufficient, then he qualifies as joint sponsor.  He would submit a pay stub showing his new current income.  His tax return need to show sufficient income.  Tax returns are about the past.  Although the information is required from, them "Employed" people do not qualify based on past income.  It's "current income".  Mom would still provide the I-864a as household member whether she has income or not.

Hello again

Thank you so much for your informative advice.

So my Father's income tax returns from 2017 are showing an annual income of $29,000/-,  however along with those if he submits a pay stub from June which indicates that his annual income is currently $37,000/- for 2018 that would be accepted right? My Father had mentioned to me that his annual income for 2016 was more than 2017 as he had worked more hours that year. So should he submit those as well? The Embassy of the US has just asked for income tax returns of 2017 from a joint sponsor.

I have thought of submitting the following:

1. My Father's income tax returns of 2016&2017

2. A pay stub of June 2018 which will prove that his income is sufficient for a household of not only 4 but 5 individuals

3. A salary letter from my Father's boss with the details about his pay raise from June 2018.

4. A cover letter from me (the petitioner) specifying the contents

5. Two I-864 forms (one filled out by me and one by my Father) and one I-864a filled out by my Mother as my parents file income tax jointly

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks a lot as always 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

1. My Father's income tax returns of 2016&2017: Good

2. A pay stub of June 2018 which will prove that his income is sufficient for a household of not only 4 but 5 individuals: Provide around last 6-7 paystubs not just one

3. A salary letter from my Father's boss with the details about his pay raise from June 2018. : Provide an employment letter with the latest salary info more than just a salary letter

4. A cover letter from me (the petitioner) specifying the contents: Does not help in any way, numbers in i864 and paystubs speak for themselves.

5. Two I-864 forms (one filled out by me and one by my Father) and one I-864a filled out by my Mother as my parents file income tax jointly: Good

Thanks a lot as always 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
2 hours ago, Amisharjil said:

Hello again

Thank you so much for your informative advice.

So my Father's income tax returns from 2017 are showing an annual income of $29,000/-,  however along with those if he submits a pay stub from June which indicates that his annual income is currently $37,000/- for 2018 that would be accepted right? My Father had mentioned to me that his annual income for 2016 was more than 2017 as he had worked more hours that year. So should he submit those as well? The Embassy of the US has just asked for income tax returns of 2017 from a joint sponsor.

1. My Father's income tax returns of 2016&2017

2. A pay stub of June 2018 which will prove that his income is sufficient for a household of not only 4 but 5 individuals

3. A salary letter from my Father's boss with the details about his pay raise from June 2018.

4. A cover letter from me (the petitioner) specifying the contents

5. Two I-864 forms (one filled out by me and one by my Father) and one I-864a filled out by my Mother as my parents file income tax jointly

Thanks a lot as always 

You either send one tax return (2017 or latest) or three.  You send three if you think it will help your case to do so.  (Obviously, you are providing information from three tax returns anyway.) Your father would not have a "salary letter" if he is paid by the hour.  He might have a letter about his pay raise but if he's hourly, he's not salaried.  Otherwise, your list looks fine.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 03/07/2018 at 2:12 AM, pushbrk said:

You either send one tax return (2017 or latest) or three.  You send three if you think it will help your case to do so.  (Obviously, you are providing information from three tax returns anyway.) Your father would not have a "salary letter" if he is paid by the hour.  He might have a letter about his pay raise but if he's hourly, he's not salaried.  Otherwise, your list looks fine.

Thank you ever so much for your valuable advice. Every tip from you genuinely counts.

Before we submit all the documents to the Embassy of the USA, I have a few more questions for the I-864 Affidavit of Support form:

1.) Should I (the petitioner) fill out a new I-864? As I had sent one in April this year to the NVC

2.) My Father (the only joint sponsor) will also fill out the I-864 form and I have a few doubts regarding his form:

a.) Page 4, Part 5 'Sponsor's Household Size' - My Father, my Mother and my Brother are already living together. My Brother is above 21 however he is my Father's dependent and this is also mentioned in my Father's tax return. The question is 'Currently my Father's household size is 3, however on the form he should mention 4 including my husband right?'

b.) Page 4, Part 6 Question 7 'Sponsor's Employment and Income' - As I had mentioned previously my Father recently got a pay raise in June 2018, hence he should mention his current individual annual income which is above $37,000/- right?

c.)  Page 4, Part 6 Question 8 - Income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household size' - Can my Father include my husband's annual income? My husband works in U.A.E and not in the USA however he will obviously have his gratuity including mine when we move there

d.) My Father will be mentioning the details of his 3 most recent tax return's: 2015, 2016 and 2017 however he will only be submitting 2016 and 2017 including his most recent pay stub from June 2018; does he need to mention this on the form anywhere?. As I had mentioned in the previous post that his annual income for 2017 was only $27,000/-  ($29,000 including my Mother's annual income) because of the hours he had worked, otherwise as per his hourly wage it would've been around $5000/- more. Honestly, my brother was unwell and was admitted in the hospital for an extended period of time, hence unfortunately my Father was not able to put in his normal working hours in 2017. 

e.) Page 5, Part 7 - Use of Assets to Supplement Income - If my Father does not have a savings account or a property on his name, would his car(s) count as an asset? 

f.) Page 5, Part 6 - Sponsor's Employment and income (continued) - Technically, my Father's annual income for 2017 including my Mother's income (she will fill out I-864a) was only $29,000, however his current annual income from June 2018 has increased and is sufficient for a household of not only 4 but 5 (he has his most recent pay stub and an official letter from his boss to prove this). The most important question is does he need to mention this anywhere on the I-864 form? As we will be moving to the USA this year and my Father is currently eligible to sponsor my husband.

Your advice is extremely important and crucial for us. Hope to hear from you soon

Thanking you immensely

Timeline
4 hours ago, Amisharjil said:

Thank you ever so much for your valuable advice. Every tip from you genuinely counts.

Before we submit all the documents to the Embassy of the USA, I have a few more questions for the I-864 Affidavit of Support form:

1.) Should I (the petitioner) fill out a new I-864? As I had sent one in April this year to the NVC

2.) My Father (the only joint sponsor) will also fill out the I-864 form and I have a few doubts regarding his form:

a.) Page 4, Part 5 'Sponsor's Household Size' - My Father, my Mother and my Brother are already living together. My Brother is above 21 however he is my Father's dependent and this is also mentioned in my Father's tax return. The question is 'Currently my Father's household size is 3, however on the form he should mention 4 including my husband right?'

b.) Page 4, Part 6 Question 7 'Sponsor's Employment and Income' - As I had mentioned previously my Father recently got a pay raise in June 2018, hence he should mention his current individual annual income which is above $37,000/- right?

c.)  Page 4, Part 6 Question 8 - Income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household size' - Can my Father include my husband's annual income? My husband works in U.A.E and not in the USA however he will obviously have his gratuity including mine when we move there

d.) My Father will be mentioning the details of his 3 most recent tax return's: 2015, 2016 and 2017 however he will only be submitting 2016 and 2017 including his most recent pay stub from June 2018; does he need to mention this on the form anywhere?. As I had mentioned in the previous post that his annual income for 2017 was only $27,000/-  ($29,000 including my Mother's annual income) because of the hours he had worked, otherwise as per his hourly wage it would've been around $5000/- more. Honestly, my brother was unwell and was admitted in the hospital for an extended period of time, hence unfortunately my Father was not able to put in his normal working hours in 2017. 

e.) Page 5, Part 7 - Use of Assets to Supplement Income - If my Father does not have a savings account or a property on his name, would his car(s) count as an asset? 

f.) Page 5, Part 6 - Sponsor's Employment and income (continued) - Technically, my Father's annual income for 2017 including my Mother's income (she will fill out I-864a) was only $29,000, however his current annual income from June 2018 has increased and is sufficient for a household of not only 4 but 5 (he has his most recent pay stub and an official letter from his boss to prove this). The most important question is does he need to mention this anywhere on the I-864 form? As we will be moving to the USA this year and my Father is currently eligible to sponsor my husband.

Your advice is extremely important and crucial for us. Hope to hear from you soon

Thanking you immensely

All the questions above have already been answered or are found clearly explained in the I-864 instructions.  Careful study of those instructions will be critical to your ultimate success.  No, your husband does not need to submit a new affidavit. 

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, pushbrk said:

All the questions above have already been answered or are found clearly explained in the I-864 instructions.  Careful study of those instructions will be critical to your ultimate success.  No, your husband does not need to submit a new affidavit. 

Hello

We need your advice again.

Last week we submitted the following documents to the Embassy of the US: 

1. My Father's 2018 pay stubs (6 of them) 

2. My parents' 2017 joint tax returns

3. A letter from my Father's employer 

4. I-864 filled out by my Father 

5. I-864A filled out by my Mother

Today we received an email from the Embassy of the US stating that they want my tax returns. I have never worked in the US and have been working in UAE for 11 years now. I'm not sure what their asking for. I checked on the IRS website and I qualify for the 'earned foreign income exclusion' My annual income comes to around $33,000/- . What I want to know is do you reckon they are asking me to submit a waiver from IRS? 

Please advise 

Thank you so much

17 minutes ago, Amisharjil said:

Today we received an email from the Embassy of the US stating that they want my tax returns. I have never worked in the US and have been working in UAE for 11 years now. I'm not sure what their asking for. I checked on the IRS website and I qualify for the 'earned foreign income exclusion' My annual income comes to around $33,000/- . What I want to know is do you reckon they are asking me to submit a waiver from IRS? 

As a USC or LPR, you are taxed on worldwide income. It sounds like you have not been filing your taxes. Based on your stated income, it sounds like you are above the minimum thresholds required to file. You need to get your tax returns in order first, then provide those to the embassy.

You may be eligible to claim the FEIE and/or Foreign Tax Credit, reducing your tax liability to $0. However, you must still file in accordance with IRS requirements. I suggest discussing your tax situation with a qualified tax professional.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
5 hours ago, Amisharjil said:

Hello

We need your advice again.

Last week we submitted the following documents to the Embassy of the US: 

1. My Father's 2018 pay stubs (6 of them) 

2. My parents' 2017 joint tax returns

3. A letter from my Father's employer 

4. I-864 filled out by my Father 

5. I-864A filled out by my Mother

Please advise 

Thank you so much

No.  They are asking for your tax returns.  If you haven't filed the last three, you need to file them.  You will not owe tax but you still must file a tax return for each year you have income over the filing threshold.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

No.  They are asking for your tax returns.  If you haven't filed the last three, you need to file them.  You will not owe tax but you still must file a tax return for each year you have income over the filing threshold.

Thank you for your response. I have never filed tax returns. Could you please guide me and tell me the procedure if possible?

1. Can I apply online?

2. Should I call IRS first?

3. How long could it take?

4. Should I also submit a copy of a salary letter from my employer?

5. I will be filing I-864 again. In the form they ask if I am using anyone else's income? should I include my husbands

Thanks a lot

Hoping to hear from you 

Timeline

This is not a tax advice forum.  I would try https://turbotax.intuit.com/

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello VJ Family, After 14 months my husband got his immigrant visa. The journey was relativity easy if you have all the correct documents in hand. Now we are just waiting for the passport to be delivered by the embassy. I would like to thank everyone who advised us and helped us out if we had any doubts. I pray and hope everyone gets their case approved. Once again thank you and I'll see you on the other side :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Amisharjil said:

Hello VJ Family, After 14 months my husband got his immigrant visa. The journey was relativity easy if you have all the correct documents in hand. Now we are just waiting for the passport to be delivered by the embassy. I would like to thank everyone who advised us and helped us out if we had any doubts. I pray and hope everyone gets their case approved. Once again thank you and I'll see you on the other side :) 

Congratulations to you both 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.