1,446 posts in this topic

@p-ana it depends which service center your file is. 

Nebraska seems to be fast and lots of September filers like myself got theirs done already 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

I am CSC July filer and mine took less than 13 months. July 16th 2018 to August 8th 2019.

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

1 hour ago, Ledaron said:

@p-ana it depends which service center your file is. 

Nebraska seems to be fast and lots of September filers like myself got theirs done already 

Not applicable for July 2018 filers, since we could only file at vsc and csc.

Best to go with a realistic estimate, as per the extension letter. 

If you guys want to get peoples hopes up, be my guest.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I haven’t read the reposes that way at all. I read folks giving their timelines and what they have experienced.

No need for snarky remarks, we are all in this together.

Cheers,

Bill

Im CA filer.. did my fingerprint July.. case hasnt been transferred and I'm still waiting.. 

3 hours ago, Marrienne said:

I am CSC July filer and mine took less than 13 months. July 16th 2018 to August 8th 2019.

Oh congratz! I remember you were waiting for your extention letter lol

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

Hey guys, I just got the approval! I'm in the East coast so I sent to Vermont. Here is my timeline-

Filed- 7/17/2018

Fingerprint- 8/21/2018

Approved- 8/11/2019

I have a question- My case is approved while I'm visiting my parents aboard. Can I still use the expired greencard and the extension letter to go back to the US? Or should I ask someone to mail the new card to me? 

Hi everyone! My husband is a Sept 2018 filer.  We just got an RFE and we're planning to turn it back around by the end of next week. Did any of you July filers get RFEs? And how has the process gone since then?  Have you heard back from them regarding the additional information?  Anyone already approved? 

I know it will be a delay, I'm just trying to gauge how much of a delay.  Like do we go right back in the same pile or do we get moved to the back of the line.  Obviously hoping for the the first option.  Any info is helpful!  

Thank you!!! 

17 minutes ago, Lilmo said:

Any approval or updates from Vermont today?

I am following the June forum because I sent in June, but the NOA date is July 3rd. Got the card is being produced message on Friday and the approval today. Was a Vermont filer and transferred to Potomac May 10. Hope this is useful, good luck with your own application!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Vermont here, not transferred or touched since 9/27/18 "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 8/11/2019 at 2:28 AM, Jas_8899 said:

Hey guys, I just got the approval! I'm in the East coast so I sent to Vermont. Here is my timeline-

Filed- 7/17/2018

Fingerprint- 8/21/2018

Approved- 8/11/2019

I have a question- My case is approved while I'm visiting my parents aboard. Can I still use the expired greencard and the extension letter to go back to the US? Or should I ask someone to mail the new card to me? 

I believe if the extension letter is still valid, it can be used

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.