1,446 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, imprezaowner27 said:

I'm drawing a blank here but whats the name of the form we have to fill out if the process is taking longer than 1 year?  The extension?

thanks in advance.

I checked the status of our process and nothing has changed. 

Roc processing time is 18 months, that’s why you got a 18month extension letter... waiting a year is normal.

if it takes longer and your 18 months are about to expire though you can try and get an infopass schedule to request a stamp on your passport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, p-ana said:

Roc processing time is 18 months, that’s why you got a 18month extension letter... waiting a year is normal.

if it takes longer and your 18 months are about to expire though you can try and get an infopass schedule to request a stamp on your passport

ah ok thank you, 

I have to check again, for some reason I had it in my head that it was a 12-month extension and if it expired I'd have to request another year.  

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
56 minutes ago, BaconBait said:

is there anyway to know which office they transfer our case to when status said they "transfer your case to another office"?

I don't think so. you have to wait for the letter.

I also just received letter in the mail today. Seems like my case was transferred to Nebraska as part of standard processing after doing a preliminary review.

USCIS mentions that processing times for NSC is 15.5-24 months 😫.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, nintendoswitch said:

Letter received. Transferred to: NEBRASKA. 

What now? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

This is something I don't understand.  Nebraska is already quite slow for everything, it seems like they transfer cases in and out at the same rate sometimes.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, nintendoswitch said:

Letter received. Transferred to: NEBRASKA. 

What now? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I just called the USCIS number, and yep, mine went to NEBRASKA as well *sigh*

So, does anyone know if this puts us to the back of the queue again? or do they have a separate team handling the transferred cases?

Edited by NxN
posted before I had finished by accident

Recieved the letter today! My wife's case got transferred to Nebraska.

What do they exactly mean when they say "we have completed a preliminary review of the application or petition" ?

Does that mean that they viewed our information and "passed", what they call a preliminary review ? Or ??? 

Sorry just curious.

Edited by jay&mildred

Same with me. Transfer to Nebraska. As long as it’s being worked on, nbd. 

Seeing the May filers get approved from CSC gave me hope, thinking approval for us July filers is near. With our cases being transferred I can’t help but feel lost again. 

You guys are taking the transfer to Nebraska as a negative, I’d suggest this is a positive development. First, the processing estimates are not accurate at all. Second, cases being transferred to Nebraska are getting processed in 2 months and possibly less. On reddit, there used to be a Nebraska officer that used to answer questions. From his explanation Nebraska is efficient, more so than the other centers. I’d suggest looking at the Nebraska or LIN thread. There is some good news there, I’d expect to see more good news soon. 

Just a question for all of you's who's cases are being transferred to Nebraska ... Were you all CA filers or?

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.