AfricanQ

Getting ready to mail I-130 (Ghana)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello vj 

As you all know our K1 was refused 12/2017  due to the fact that the CO didn't believe we would get married within 90 days. We got married April 14th,  2018 and will be mailing our i-130 next week. There are the list of items. Please be me know what u think thanks!

1.Form G-1145

2.Form I-130/I-130A

3.Passport photos from (B/P)

4.Money order.

5.Copy of beneficiary birth certificate and passport.

6.Copies of petitioner document showing name changed: I'D, passport, SS card, bank cards, payroll sheets from job.

7.Copy of marriage certificate.

8.Summary of our story

9.Flight itineraries of all 3 trips, boarding pass, passport stamps, visa.

10.Flight itinerary of my mother trip for our wedding, boarding pass, passport stamp and visa.

11.Engagement pics with family n friends in Ghana. Also engagement celebration in the US with my family.

12. Wedding pics with family n friends. Also pics of different occasions n places.

13. Photos of my sister meeting beneficiary family in Ghana before the wedding. (My sister lives in Ghana)

14.Wedding invitation n program 

15. Pre-marital counseling from for the both of us.

16. Release marriage  letter from my  church

17. Receipts of engagement/Wedding expense. 

18. Joint credit card account: copy of both cards, bank statements, letter from bank stating he's a authorized user.

19. Letter showing spouse as beneficiary on my life insurances and 401k

20. Receipts of exchange of gifts

21. Affidavits from family n friends 

22. Whatsapp calls/text/video logs

23. Facebook message, posts. 

24. Letter from Ghana Embassy stating reason for K1 refusal.

25. Receipts of places we visited 

Thank you for ur time! K💏B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, AfricanQ said:

Hello vj 

As you all know our K1 was refused 12/2017  due to the fact that the CO didn't believe we would get married within 90 days. We got married April 14th,  2018 and will be mailing our i-130 next week. There are the list of items. Please be me know what u think thanks!

1.Form G-1145

2.Form I-130/I-130A

3.Passport photos from (B/P)

4.Money order.

5.Copy of beneficiary birth certificate and passport.

6.Copies of petitioner document showing name changed: I'D, passport, SS card, bank cards, payroll sheets from job.

7.Copy of marriage certificate.

8.Summary of our story

9.Flight itineraries of all 3 trips, boarding pass, passport stamps, visa.

10.Flight itinerary of my mother trip for our wedding, boarding pass, passport stamp and visa.

11.Engagement pics with family n friends in Ghana. Also engagement celebration in the US with my family.

12. Wedding pics with family n friends. Also pics of different occasions n places.

13. Photos of my sister meeting beneficiary family in Ghana before the wedding. (My sister lives in Ghana)

14.Wedding invitation n program 

15. Pre-marital counseling from for the both of us.

16. Release marriage  letter from my  church

17. Receipts of engagement/Wedding expense. 

18. Joint credit card account: copy of both cards, bank statements, letter from bank stating he's a authorized user.

19. Letter showing spouse as beneficiary on my life insurances and 401k

20. Receipts of exchange of gifts

21. Affidavits from family n friends 

22. Whatsapp calls/text/video logs

23. Facebook message, posts. 

24. Letter from Ghana Embassy stating reason for K1 refusal.

25. Receipts of places we visited 

Thank you for ur time! K💏B

You are good to go

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think you have great evidence to send in with your petition. Once you’ve send it in, keep up on chats, calls and other evidence if you want to send more to the NVC or even just for the interview. It will make life a lot easier to work on it little by little. Best of luck!

if you need anything, please feel free to message me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
1 hour ago, AfricanQ said:

Thank you guys! In our summary letter I included that I'll be there for the interview.  Am  going this october, 2018. I'll add that as well when it comes to the NVC stage. 

Although, I‘m pretty sure you know this but just to make sure, His interview won‘t be in october this year, if you send out your I130 petition next week! 

Just wasn‘t sure if you meant you‘re visiting again in october or if you‘re assuming the interview will be then!

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'd say  your I-130 will be approved in the CSC (California service center) in the spring/summer of 2019 and then sent to the NVC a couple of weeks later.

CSC is currently working on petition sent to them back in late June/early July 2017.

(k-3 visa would get one to the US faster and then you'd apply for a 'change of status' with USCIS, you would NOT be allowed to work while waiting, to my knowledge).

if the NVC get the I-129F(K-3) before the I-130, they will process that first.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-k-3.html

uscis_estimates.gif

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Timeline
6 hours ago, mrmvkjts said:

Although, I‘m pretty sure you know this but just to make sure, His interview won‘t be in october this year, if you send out your I130 petition next week! 

Just wasn‘t sure if you meant you‘re visiting again in october or if you‘re assuming the interview will be then!

Good luck!

Yes, I knw. I'll be going in October for our honeymoon/ my birthday. His interview will be sometime next yr. Once NVC schedule for his interview,  I'll book my flight there.  So nervous! Thank you!

Timeline
8 hours ago, O&GForever said:

I think you have great evidence to send in with your petition. Once you’ve send it in, keep up on chats, calls and other evidence if you want to send more to the NVC or even just for the interview. It will make life a lot easier to work on it little by little. Best of luck!

if you need anything, please feel free to message me. 

Yes, I'll keep in touch with u during the whole process. In our summary letter (our story), I added that I'll be there for the interview next year. I plan on adding my upcoming trip in October 2018 for our honeymoon/My birthday for other evidence when it goes to the NVC. In addition to call logs, chats,photos of our honeymoon/birthday, and I'll add him as payable upon death to my bank accounts. I'll add everything up n mail it  to the NVC hopefully the next of this year. I'll start collecting these evidence  now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, AfricanQ said:

Thought it takes 4-5 months for approval? If that's the case, it will be approve November/December of 2018.... then 3-4 months at NVC

Nope, sadly that‘s not gonna happen!

Depending on the Service Center and their workload, plan at least 7 month for USCIS to approve it, and then probably about the same time for NVC and Interview!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee elle said:

I 130 approvals are taking 7 to 8 months now ..... used to be 4 to 5 months but sadly that is in the  past...

Wow!!!! That's a very long time. Well , I guess I'll have to keep collecting more evidence during the wait.😔😔

11 hours ago, Abies said:

You are good to go

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.