Brittani

Does he need to see another civil surgeon in the states before filing AOS?

42 posts in this topic

I know you guys who see me frequently ask questions probably get annoyed with me lol sorry I just like to know everything I can ahead of time....

My fiance had his medical for the K1 May 26th Knightsbridge, everything was fine he got the two shots he needed for his AOS the rest they marked done or not age appropriate. The two he got is tetanus diphtheria polio jab and the first MMR and he's scheduled to get his last MMR one on the 22nd of June before he comes over. His GP will give him his updated vaccine record. My question is does he need to see a civil surgeon to fill out form i-693 to update the vaccination part or are we all good to just file AOS? I've read conflicting things.....I have read that if you started your first set when medical is done you're good and no need for this but I've heard also that we do need to see a civil surgeon and have them update it to send with his AOS application. The only issue is I've read that a lot of times the civil surgeons aren't to familiar with this and you end up having to do another medical. We'll do what we gotta do but I'd rather save our money and not put him through another medical. We plan on sending the application for AOS late August so his medical will definitely still be valid.

Again sorry for being THAT annoying person that is always asking questions and again thank you for answering especially the ones that always answer for me with utmost patience. It's so appreciated!

5 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

Do you get a copy of the DS-3025? If it's marked complete/no age appropriate, then I would just send a copy of that with the AOS package.

This is what he was given

Untitled.png

34 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I know you guys who see me frequently ask questions probably get annoyed with me lol sorry I just like to know everything I can ahead of time....

My fiance had his medical for the K1 May 26th Knightsbridge, everything was fine he got the two shots he needed for his AOS the rest they marked done or not age appropriate. The two he got is tetanus diphtheria polio jab and the first MMR and he's scheduled to get his last MMR one on the 22nd of June before he comes over. His GP will give him his updated vaccine record. My question is does he need to see a civil surgeon to fill out form i-693 to update the vaccination part or are we all good to just file AOS? I've read conflicting things.....I have read that if you started your first set when medical is done you're good and no need for this but I've heard also that we do need to see a civil surgeon and have them update it to send with his AOS application. The only issue is I've read that a lot of times the civil surgeons aren't to familiar with this and you end up having to do another medical. We'll do what we gotta do but I'd rather save our money and not put him through another medical. We plan on sending the application for AOS late August so his medical will definitely still be valid.

Again sorry for being THAT annoying person that is always asking questions and again thank you for answering especially the ones that always answer for me with utmost patience. It's so appreciated!

You are fine you should go ahead and file for AOS.

1 minute ago, Brittani said:

Thanks!

It's not even been a month since you did medical so you guys are fine. Good to be cautious but in this case you are good to go 

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

It's not even been a month since you did medical so you guys are fine. Good to be cautious but in this case you are good to go 

I know he doesn't need another medical but I'm unsure if he needed to have the form filled out on the vaccine end by a civil surgeon?

35 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I know he doesn't need another medical but I'm unsure if he needed to have the form filled out on the vaccine end by a civil surgeon?

In addition to the fact that it's marked complete (which is great), make sure he has dates on all of the following: MMR (two different dates), Td/Tdap (date within past ten years), Varicella (history date/vaccination date). All the rest of the vaccinations should be marked 'A' not age appropriate or 'F' not flu season. Or any other waiver he may need. But every vaccination needs either a date or a waiver, and MMR requires two dates. 

It sounds like he will have a second date filled out for MMR on his DS-3025 before he arrives in the US. Just make sure the doctor doesn't forget to fill out the new date for some reason, and you will be OK to file AOS. Good luck!

h

23 minutes ago, LizM said:

In addition to the fact that it's marked complete (which is great), make sure he has dates on all of the following: MMR (two different dates), Td/Tdap (date within past ten years), Varicella (history date/vaccination date). All the rest of the vaccinations should be marked 'A' not age appropriate or 'F' not flu season. Or any other waiver he may need. But every vaccination needs either a date or a waiver, and MMR requires two dates. 

It sounds like he will have a second date filled out for MMR on his DS-3025 before he arrives in the US. Just make sure the doctor doesn't forget to fill out the new date for some reason, and you will be OK to file AOS. Good luck!

This was so insightful. You are awesome, thanks!

4 hours ago, Brittani said:

This is what he was given

Untitled.png

He is good to go. Shouldn’t have any problems. No more vaccines needed!  :jest:

1 minute ago, Diane and Chris said:

He is good to go. Shouldn’t have any problems. No more vaccines needed!  :jest:

THANKS! I'm so glad I asked on here. I feel a lot more reassured now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
15 hours ago, LizM said:

14 hours ago, Brittani said:

This was so insightful. You are awesome, thanks!

A heads up on these comments. He is not going to have a second date of MMR on the DS-3025. He is done at Knightsbridge and the medical forms are off to the embassy. That ship has sailed. His GP can't add to the official form when the GP gives another MMR on June 22. The only way to get that second MMR  on his immigration record now is have a civil surgeon fill out the vaccination portion of an I-693 in the states. 

BUT...his form from Knightsbridge should have the waiver of "insufficient time interval" marked on MMR. That means on that exam date, he couldn't have a second MMR because enough time had not passed (28 days) since the first MMR. It would not be medically appropriate to have #2 the same day. So the waiver gets marked and he is signed off. He can skip the June 22 jab. It has been waived (well it should be marked as such so check the form). 

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

A heads up on these comments. He is not going to have a second date of MMR on the DS-3025. He is done at Knightsbridge and the medical forms are off to the embassy. That ship has sailed. His GP can't add to the official form when the GP gives another MMR on June 22. The only way to get that second MMR  on his immigration record now is have a civil surgeon fill out the vaccination portion of an I-693 in the states. 

BUT...his form from Knightsbridge should have the waiver of "insufficient time interval" marked on MMR. That means on that exam date, he couldn't have a second MMR because enough time had not passed (28 days) since the first MMR. It would not be medically appropriate to have #2 the same day. So the waiver gets marked and he is signed off. He can skip the June 22 jab. It has been waived (well it should be marked as such so check the form). 

Oh, gotcha, good info thanks for that. I was a bit too quick in reading OPs post and assumed her fiancé was going back to Knightsbridge and that they would properly complete his vaccination sheet. But I see she probably referred to another GP, and if that's the case, the record needs to be brought to a US civil surgeon and the I-693 will be required as you said. Thanks for picking that up.

@Brittani Sorry, I jumped to conclusions earlier. Read the above :) Also, what is marked in his MMR box? Nothing, or did he get the not sufficient time interval waiver? :)

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.