508 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Great! My husband and I don't have joined bank accounts, do you think that they would see that as a problem?

I think they want to see that your lives are financially tied together to demonstrate that you plan to stay together (and that this is a real marriage and not a sham for the purpose of a green card), but I don't think they are looking for any one specific thing. I don't know what they were really looking for, so we just tried to think of everything we could find that showed we actually live together and have long-term plans together. For example, in addition to the joint checking account, we also had auto insurance with both of us as drivers for the same car, Costco cards in both names for the same account, credit cards in both names for the same account, a mobile phone family plan with both of our phone numbers on the same bill,  utilities in each of our names at the same address, and so on. We even showed that our dog has his rabies certificate registered to our address with both names on the registration.

K1 Visa Timeline

08/25/2016 - I-129F Packet Sent
08/29/2016 - NOA 1 Received
10/04/2016 - NOA 2 Received (48 days)
10/21/2016 - NVC received packet & assigned case #
11/30/2016 - Interview - Approved!
12/08/2016 - Visa received
01/13/2017 - Arrived in US

From sending I-129F packet until arrival in US: 141 days

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

04/09/2017 - Married 
04/19/2018 - AOS packet sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
04/25/2017 - AOS packet arrived at USCIS (per USPS)
04/28/2017 - Filing date by USCIS
05/01/2017 - NOA1s notification by email
05/22/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed
07/13/2017 - I-485 case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview"
08/18/2017 - Contacted House representative for help with EAD
08/29/2017 - EAD & AP approved (126 days from packet receipt until approval)
09/08/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrived in mail (expires 08/28/2018)
03/22/2018 - EAD/AP renewal application packet sent
03/29/2018 - EAD/AP renewal application filed
04/02/2018 - EAD case status changed to "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing"
08/06/2018 - Infopass appointment (3 weeks before EAD expiration)

10/25/2018 - USCIS scheduled interview and mailed letter

10/27/2018 - Infopass appointment #2

11/29/2018 - Interview

12/03/2018 - Case status changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed"

12/13/2018 - Case status changed to "Case was approved"

51 minutes ago, Joel&Julia said:

I think they want to see that your lives are financially tied together to demonstrate that you plan to stay together (and that this is a real marriage and not a sham for the purpose of a green card), but I don't think they are looking for any one specific thing. I don't know what they were really looking for, so we just tried to think of everything we could find that showed we actually live together and have long-term plans together. For example, in addition to the joint checking account, we also had auto insurance with both of us as drivers for the same car, Costco cards in both names for the same account, credit cards in both names for the same account, a mobile phone family plan with both of our phone numbers on the same bill,  utilities in each of our names at the same address, and so on. We even showed that our dog has his rabies certificate registered to our address with both names on the registration.

Okay great. I was thinking to bring the following as evidence of shared things

1. 401k account with both of our names on it

2. gym membership with our names

3. sams club card

4. auto insurance

5. health insurance

6. tax return

7. mobile phone plan

That is all I have .. Some of them are things you mentioned

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/24/2018 at 5:52 AM, guest 123 said:

not that we know of

interview was scheduled yesturday im so happy!finally hopefully i get something in the mail soon

Timeline
2 hours ago, guest 123 said:

interview was scheduled yesturday im so happy!finally hopefully i get something in the mail soon

how long does it take to get a letter?anyone know

On 11/29/2018 at 10:43 AM, Joel&Julia said:

We had our interview this morning.  It went very smoothly.  The field officer didn't approve it on the spot, but she said we have more than enough evidence and that she expects to approve it later today after reviewing everything (such as the medical information which was sealed.)  She did ask for the new medical exam, so I'm glad we got that done.

Because it's a marriage-based green card and we're still 4 months shy of our 2-year anniversary, she confirmed that we will need to wait 21 more months and then apply to have the conditions removed.  I almost wish that USCIS had waited 4 more months for the interview, but it's really a relief to have that interview finally completed after 19+ months of waiting.

Congratulations! I'm happy for you both.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It’s holiday season so staff might be taking their PTO’s. I heard some cases are left with out of office officers and that can delay the process. How do we know where our case is?

5 hours ago, Visitor User said:

It’s holiday season so staff might be taking their PTO’s. I heard some cases are left with out of office officers and that can delay the process. How do we know where our case is?

It will just sit on their desk until they get back. Seriously, you don't need to post this in 3 different forum posts, its not going to make it go any quicker.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Looks like things have slowed down now. 

I have not seen anyone get an interview pass 6/24/17. 

mine was 6/27/2017 and i just seen that they changed my status to interview has been scheduled nov 29.just waiting for date now.

Edited by guest 123

1 hour ago, emylady said:

It will just sit on their desk until they get back. Seriously, you don't need to post this in 3 different forum posts, its not going to make it go any quicker.

Please don’t be rude. This forum is for houstonians, so if it bothers you then go away.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, guest 123 said:

mine was 6/27/2017 and i just seen that they changed my status to interview has been scheduled nov 29.just waiting for date now.

Nice.

49 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Please don’t be rude. This forum is for houstonians, so if it bothers you then go away.

I wasn't being rude. I answered his questions after I saw it on 3 seperate forum topics. He only needed to ask it once was all I was saying. Plus, I am entitled to read other forum posts that don't relate to my timeline/location, so I think you'll find you're being rude for excluding those who aren't from Houston, just because the forum title says so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.