darth vader

Potomac december 2017 I-130 filers

59 posts in this topic

Just now, lvsweets said:

Thank you both. I think they want more evidence of my marriage. I dont know what i could send in maybe all the times i fly out here to be with my husband we dont take many pics. We spend alot of time together and its a rural area. 

Idk what else they might want but know to wait and see. 

I hope whatever it is, you can provide soon and get approved ASAP. Good luck with your daughter's health. Did you send plenty of pictures with the petition? Did you send any proof of co-mingling of finances etc.?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, darth vader said:

I hope whatever it is, you can provide soon and get approved ASAP. Good luck with your daughter's health. Did you send plenty of pictures with the petition? Did you send any proof of co-mingling of finances etc.?

Oh thank you. 

I did not send in much proof of anything because we have nothing together. He lives in mexico I in Chicago and i come and go. I stay a couple of months then go back to Chicago. Ive been here to stay with him like ive traveled so far 5 times or more since 2017 feb.  We got married in April 2017 and i put in the i130 in december. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, lvsweets said:

Oh thank you. 

I did not send in much proof of anything because we have nothing together. He lives in mexico I in Chicago and i come and go. I stay a couple of months then go back to Chicago. Ive been here to stay with him like ive traveled so far 5 times or more since 2017 feb.  We got married in April 2017 and i put in the i130 in december. 

Send convos wedding pic

Marriage certificate 

PICTURES AND MORE PICTURES

2 minutes ago, lvsweets said:

Oh thank you. 

FOUND THIS.....

What Evidence You Should Return With Your RFE

Some RFEs will simply tell you which document that USCIS is missing. For example, it might ask you to provide a copy of the pages of your passport or your spouse’s birth certificate. Even if an RFE seems relatively straightforward, you should take this opportunity to review your application materials and supporting documents to see whether there is anything else you can send to USCIS to bolster your case. Consider this to be a chance to address any weaknesses in your application by sending along evidence that could be weighed in an immigration officer’s “second review” of your case.

In other instances, an RFE might cite complex provisions of U.S. immigration law and ask you to provide information to prove that you are eligible for an immigration benefit. It is essential that you understand exactly what you are being asked to prove before responding to a RFE. If you are unsure which types of evidence you should submit to USCIS, consult an immigration attorney who can help you review the RFE and assemble the necessary documentation.

How to Assemble and Send Your RFE Response

Make a duplicate copy of the RFE notice and save it for your records, because the original RFE (which may come to you on blue paper) should be the first page of your response packet. USCIS will scan this sheet and forward it for further processing, so if you do not include it (or if it is not on top), you can expect further delays.

Next, you should write a cover letter that outlines the contents of your submission. The cover letter should be organized very similarly to the RFE, so that you can show the USCIS officer handling your case that you provided all of the requested information. Make copies all of the information that you send and save it for your records.

The RFE will contain the address to which your response should be mailed. Be sure that you mail your response to that address and not any other address to which you may have sent documents before. It's best to send the RFE response via priority mail with delivery confirmation so that you have proof that you complied with the deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't file until April 2018 but it's in Potomac :( How do we get it moved? Or are we stuck with that office now?x

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Timeline
2 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

We didn't file until April 2018 but it's in Potomac :( How do we get it moved? Or are we stuck with that office now?x

Potomac will be processing your case.

You can't transfer your case.

:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

I'm an April filler in Potomac too! I want so much to be transferred to a fastest Service Center :(  When we got our NOA 1 we celebrated we ended up in Potomac because it used to be the fastest place.

Timeline

My case has been APPROVED! (204 days)

PD December 21st 2017 old website and New website shows December 22nd.

Approved July 13th!!

Service Center: POTOMAC

Hang in there guys!!

Saw the update on the old website today, 

P.S. saw the update yesterday.

Checked the new website today and it's still saying received 

Edited by Shelly25

Hi there...I'm pretty new to posting to this thread...but have been reading all the while...

Our PD is Dec 15 and we still have heard nothing...no update or anything...

Sighhhhhh...I saw the message from Shelly25 about the old website and the new website...can anyone give me the links for those ...I am sure I have one of them that I have been checking...but not sure if it is the old or new...

Thanks in advance for any assistance..it's been really trying for me and my husband.... sighhhhhh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Raz and Mike said:

Hi there...I'm pretty new to posting to this thread...but have been reading all the while...

Sighhhhhh...I saw the message from Shelly25 about the old website and the new website...can anyone give me the links for those ...I am sure I have one of them that I have been checking...but not sure if it is the old or new...

Thanks in advance for any assistance..it's been really trying for me and my husband.... sighhhhhh

Old website: https://www.uscis.gov/

New website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Timeline
2 hours ago, Raz and Mike said:

The one that ask for your email to log in is the one that I saw the update on.

The one that use "Username" To log in is yet to show the update

I'm getting it mixed up I guess.

The website that I used to get the update is 

New website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Edited by Shelly25

4 hours ago, Shelly25 said:

IT'S  THE NEW WEBSITE GUYS.

MY BAD

Ok cool...I will try it pronto to see if there is anything new...reading this thread sure gave me tons of hope...it was dwindling...sigh...thank you

5 hours ago, Savan said:

Thanks Savannah...it's greatly appreciated...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, Shelly25 said:

Please do a case inquiry I did mines on June 29TH.

It was assigned to an officer today

Link for the Inquiry 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

When I used this same link to do a case inquiry (our date is 12/14/2017 - case last touched 12/20/2017 - 

it stated Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.