1,607 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
32 minutes ago, met said:

June 15/21and waiting as well.

And unfortunatelly a bit paranoid at this point. 

Still 35% of May cases waiting to be touched. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, brener69 said:

Still 35% of May cases waiting to be touched. 

Eh. Going by previous months, about 30% of timelines are created and never updated. While some of those belong to people who experience unusual delays, I'm pretty sure a large majority of them are people who created a timeline and never updated it. 

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
52 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Eh. Going by previous months, about 30% of timelines are created and never updated. While some of those belong to people who experience unusual delays, I'm pretty sure a large majority of them are people who created a timeline and never updated it. 

Bah! you ruined my scare tactic! lol Yeah, there's no rhyme or reason on approvals. Someone said something about background checks possibly taking longer for certain countries. Who knows the reason. I always looked at this as just a game of patience. Very few cases are outright rejected at this stage other than when they are first mailed in for improper form or wrong fee or something like that. After that it's either an approval or RFE that will lead to an approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The worst part is that we are technically on regular time line and we'd have to wait till we have 210 days (7 months) to "freak out" (even though we all are already pretty much there) 

Edited by Marcela Palomino
Spelling

10 hours ago, met said:

June 15/21and waiting as well.

And unfortunatelly a bit paranoid at this point. 

You have to trust the process. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

20 hours ago, Ishelle said:

Great! Now I’m obsessed with mail since the “silent approvals”  started. 😬 Also to all the late June NOA1s, we’re June 11/14 and still waiting. I keep reminding myself that this can’t go forever. That’s the only thing I hold on to.

At this point before the 7 months threshold, I wonder if there’s any point or benefit in calling them. (183 days.)

Also @Greenbaum do you think it makes a big difference in processing times from country to country?

Yes I do and here is why:

Additional screening and background checks based on country of birth, citizenship, or residency in the “State Sponsors of Terrorism” (T-7) list: Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria; or from the “List of 26”: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Yemen. This is a mandatory stop list and allegedly takes 2 to 4 days, thanks in part to the partially rolled out PATRIOT (Pre-Adjudicated Threat Recognition and Intelligence Operations Team) system managed by ICE, but often take 3 to 6 weeks and if there is a hit who knows how long.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

23 hours ago, SteveInBoston said:

The receipt number?  Is it the same as the WAC case number?

You can use the WAC number, the Case number or leave it blank. Most use the Case number because they have it by the time you should complete the DS-160.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:23 AM, SteveInBoston said:

I just found out we were approved on Dec 3.  I am in Ukraine now spending the holidays with my fiance.  My sister checked the mail yesterday and saw the letter from Homeland Security.

The online case status did not update - I have been checking every other day for the past two weeks. 

Hopefully the case will clear NVC within four weeks so I can be here to help her with the application process on her end.

Be sure to check in with these links to see if there is anything you can do while waiting.

Your Packet 3 letter is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqV9m0zmdOJ6fGFpuu46N_W4srguHI-w/view?usp=sharing

Visit the portal section here on VJ for your country http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ukraine&cty=Kiev

The Ukraine sub-forum where local discussion takes place for all things to know or ask from others who are processing or the experts who have gone before you Here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-Belarus/

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/895/pdf/K_Instructions_002.pdf

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:57 AM, met said:

Do you guys know or can determine by your NOA2 how long the mail with NOA2 goes? It seems that silent approvals are quite "popular" in this threat...wondering if our will be silent as well how long it will take to reach us.

Nothing in the process is every going to be straight forward. Once you think you have it figured out they change it. Stay strong, keep checking all sources and you will eventually hear from them. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Thank you @Greenbaum!

I am trying to stay positive... the thing is that our mailing adress is overseas so I am just trying to speculate how long it will take for a mail ;) But true, I have to stop doing it. Breathe&relax!

so I responded to my rfe it was a very simple one I sent it right back 5 minutes after I got it Monday. Hopefully, it gets approved by next week because the rfe is such a simple one. Has anyone else gotten a very simple rfe (application question)? and how long did it took to get an approval after they received it? also how long did it took them to receive the form?

28 minutes ago, luisrosario18 said:

so I responded to my rfe it was a very simple one I sent it right back 5 minutes after I got it Monday. Hopefully, it gets approved by next week because the rfe is such a simple one. Did the RFE ask you to sign it? If it did and you missed that part they will deny your case.

Has anyone else gotten a very simple rfe (application question)? More than a million applicants have received a simple and a difficult RFE.

and how long did it took to get an approval after they received it? Depends. No one can say with any certainty what your experience will be. They have up to 60 days to replay. We see some in two weeks, some a month, some 6 months and some 3 years. Can you now see how it's difficult it is to answer that question?

also how long did it took them to receive the form? By US mail 2-3 days. FedEx next day.

There isn't anyone that knows the answer to your questions. It will be done when it's done. I know you don't want to hear what I am saying but it's what I see day in and day out over many years of answering questions. They publish that they have up to 12 weeks to reply to an RFE. Sometimes it sooner and sometimes it's longer. 

The USCIS has issued a Ruling, effective April 17, 2007, that gives adjudicators flexibility in determining the length of time a petitioner or applicant has to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID). Currently, the standard deadline for response to an RFE is twelve weeks (84 days). NOIDs must be responded to within thirty days. Under this regulation, the USCIS will determine how much time should be permitted in any given case, with maximum possible time being what is now the standard response deadline. That is, adjudicators will set deadlines for both RFEs and NOIDs that could be up to twelve weeks in case of RFEs or up to thirty days for NOIDs. No extensions of time are permitted.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback%20Opportunities/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf

Processing of your Form I-129F. will resume upon receipt of your response.  If you have not heard from USCIS within 60 days of responding, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center (UCC) at 1-800-375-528.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

There isn't anyone that knows the answer to your questions. It will be done when it's done. I know you don't want to hear what I am saying but it's what I see day in and day out over many years of answering questions. They publish that they have up to 12 weeks to reply to an RFE. Sometimes it sooner and sometimes it's longer. 

The USCIS has issued a Ruling, effective April 17, 2007, that gives adjudicators flexibility in determining the length of time a petitioner or applicant has to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID). Currently, the standard deadline for response to an RFE is twelve weeks (84 days). NOIDs must be responded to within thirty days. Under this regulation, the USCIS will determine how much time should be permitted in any given case, with maximum possible time being what is now the standard response deadline. That is, adjudicators will set deadlines for both RFEs and NOIDs that could be up to twelve weeks in case of RFEs or up to thirty days for NOIDs. No extensions of time are permitted.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback%20Opportunities/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf

Processing of your Form I-129F. will resume upon receipt of your response.  If you have not heard from USCIS within 60 days of responding, you may contact the USCIS Contact Center (UCC) at 1-800-375-528.

Thank you for your honest answer. Anyone wondering there is my RFE. The answer was no. And no it did not ask me to sign anywhere @Greenbaum

029FBCB6-3202-4DB6-9250-EDFD92283D03.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.