GaRaS

I-751 June 2018 Filers

1,757 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Sengledow said:

Sent our packet on June 7th.  It was signed for as received on June 8th. Green Card expires on July 16

Great!!!!! We sent ours on 6-8-18. I little bit nervous !!!!!!!!

On 6/7/2018 at 10:28 PM, CB & FM said:

We sent ours this past Saturday, June 2. USPS says delivered Jun 4. Now wait for the NOA. And then wait and wait. I hear that filing N-400 at the 2yr, 9mo+ date can expedite the I-751. We are planning to try that also. Saw a post in a forum that someone got an approval on I-751 in 6 months post conditional green card expiration. So this is some hope for a faster time. But likewise the many post of long wait times are out there too. Perseverence is the name of the game.

So happy to find another couple like you guys!!! We sent ours on 6-8-18. Now the waiting time begins !!!!!!! Just a little nervous about the financial proof!!!! Hopefully everything is going to be smooth~~~~ :):):):):):)

We sent ours yesterday, will be delivered today at a P.O. Box for USPS.

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

On 6/7/2018 at 11:58 PM, vpalermo85 said:

I’m an attorney and work on many immigration cases.  Last week I set up a call with a tier two officer to ask about a client’s green card.  We got lucky and the call back was made from someone in the National service department - not east or west,can’t remember the name (they’re able to clear. a lot of red tape when you want to put in a service request since all requests go to them in the end).  

We got to talking about the process of removal of conditions and my husband as we passed the time waiting for him to do something and we talked about a few things.

Right now he confirmed Vermont is faster than California with I-751.  

We also talked about filing your naturalization papers while you have a pending I-751.  He confirmed that your naturalization paperwork won’t be approved until the I-751 is completed.  He also said that it takes longer to process both applications when they’re both pending because you’ll have two different offices fighting for your hard file which then causes the file to be shipped between one office and another,

Mind you this is one viewpoint but he did raise an interesting point.

In the end I think it’s luck and who is ultimately reviewing your file.  

I am curious to to see whether or not they interview us this time around, his green card was approved without one.

Thanks for the info. I will search around a bit more nad see if I can correlate other responses about the N400/I751 issue and see where the numbers go. I agree about the luck comment. That and perhaps and good congresspersons office staff who get behind you in a long delay situation. I got an answer on our K-1 petition 1 week after I contacted my congress reps office. Found out it was sitting in a pile on someone's desk. But good results since. I 751 took about 8 months total.

6 hours ago, art1976 said:

So happy to find another couple like you guys!!! We sent ours on 6-8-18. Now the waiting time begins !!!!!!! Just a little nervous about the financial proof!!!! Hopefully everything is going to be smooth~~~~ :):):):):):)

Hope the best for you guys. I think it is a matter of being thorogh and give lots of info. Our interview for 751 was interesting but I felt we did well, although my husband was a bit scared. I think it was the fact that she told him we would hear within 60 days that threw him. We heard in about a week. I guess that is just the usual phrase they spout. 

Hello everyone!!

joining this June group as I’ll be submitting my paperwork next Monday.

just checking here, am I missing anything important that I should still include, or is it overall enough?

for those who have already filled, what y’all think?

Folder A:

Check 

Form I-751

GC copy

Passport copy 

Folder B: (relationship evidences)

Marriage license

Marriage certificate 

Copy of employee ID (we both had the same job) 

Copy of Theme park anual passes with both names on it 

Copy of DL 

Valentine’s Day, Christmas cards 

Copy of hotel reservations of multiple vacations 

Lots of screenshots of Facebook posts with special events, talks, family conversations, pictures 

A  picture collage with about 30 pictures from the past 2 years, at different places, with family and friends describing each place. 

Folder C: (financial)

Rental leases from the past 2 years at the places we have lived. 

W-2 from both 

Copy of last tax return 

Copy of joint credit cards statements 

Copy of joint savings account 

Copy of joint checking accounts statements last 2 years 

Copy of phone bills last 2 years

Copy of car insurance with both names on it last 2 years 

Guess we're on this team now. Mailed our package yesterday to CSC. Getting prepared for the long wait. Frustrating because our K1, EAD, AP, and I485 all took significantly longer than than the normal wait time (especially since we had no RFEs). This is another drop in the bucket.

Good luck to everyone.

Package details below:

1. Check for $680: includes $595 the I-751 filing fee and $85 biometric service fee
2. Original Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence
3. Copy of Conditional Permanent Resident’s Permanent Residence Card: Front and Back
4. Copy of Conditional Permanent Resident’s Passport
5. Copy of I-485 Documentation:
a) I-797C Notice of Action - I-485 Receipt Notice
b) ASC Appointment Notice
c) I-797C Notice of Action – Request for Applicant Interview
d) Hand Delivered Notice of Interview Results
6. Copy of Marriage Certificate
7. Copy of Driver’s Licenses: Front and Back
8. Sworn Affidavits of Support
9. Copies of Lease agreements Since marriage
10. Tax records and pay stubs
a) IRS tax transcripts showing joint tax filling for years: 2015, 2016, 2017
b) Complete joint Federal and State tax returns: 2015, 2016, 2017
c) Copy of Pay Stubs and Voided Check
11. Records showing joint ownership and joint registration of Vehicle:
a) Copy of certificate of title showing joint ownership
b) DMV registration showing names of both spouses
c) DMV registration renewal notice showing names of both spouses
d) Joint Car Insurance
12. Joint Bank and Credit Card Accounts
a) Joint Checking Account Statements (2016-2018)
b) Joint Savings Account Statements (2016-2018)
c) Joint Credit Card Statement (2016-2018)
d) Copy of Joint Credit Cards
13. Joint Insurance Policies and Beneficiary Information
a) Joint Health Insurance
b) (401K) and Life Insurance Beneficiary Information job 1
c) 401K Statement
d)  (401K) and Life Insurance Beneficiary Information job 2
e)  401K Statement
f) Joint Renter’s Insurance
g) Dog Health Insurance Policy
14. Utilities and Miscellaneous Evidence
a) Verizon Wireless Phone Bill
b) Costco Membership Cards
c) LA Fitness Gym Membership Agreement
15. Event/Travel Receipts, Itineraries, and Picture

K1 Visa Journey Texas Service Center

10/25/2014 - I-129F Sent

10/30/2014 - I-129F Arrives in Texas

11/04/2014 - I-129F NOA1 (Email and Text Message) (5 days)

11/05/2014 - I-129F Alien Registration Number Changed

11/08/2014 - I-129F NOA1 (Physical Letter)

06/09/2015 - I-129F NOA2 Electronic Notification!!! (222 Days)

06/15/2015 - I-129F NOA2 Physical Letter

06/19/2015 - I-129F Packet Mailed to NVC

07/01/2015 - NVC Assigned Case/Invoice Number

07/07/2015 - Package Arrives at Consulate (CDJ) *Case Ready*

07/10/2015 - Package 3 Sent out by Consulate

07/17/2015 - Package 3 Received

08/10/2015 - Medical Complete (Mexico City)

08/20/2015 - ACS Biometrics Complete (Juarez)

08/21/2015 - Interview Complete (Juarez) -- APPROVED!!!

08/24/2015 - Visa Printed and Left Consulate

08/25/2015 - Visa Arrived DHL in Mexico City

10/03/2015 - POE: LAX

10/08/2015 - Wedding Santa Barbara

AOS/EAD/AP Journey

12/16/2015 - AOS Sent (w/ EAD and AP)

12/18/2015 - AOS Packet Delivered to Chicago

01/29/2016 - Inquiry on Status of Biometrics Appointment Letter

02/16/2016 - USCIS Response: "Information has been entered into the system"

02/25/2016 - Biometrics Letter Received (March 3, 2016 Appointment)

03/03/2016 - Biometrics Completed (EAD and AOS)

03/21/2016 - Request of Status EAD/AP - "Expect Reply April 6"

04/06/2016 - Submit Second Request for Status

04/12/2016 - Ombudsman Request for Support

04/15/2016 - EAD and AP Approved!

04/19/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed from USCIS

04/21/2016 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

05/23/2016 - AOS Interview Scheduled (6/27/2016)

06/27/2016 - AOS Interview Complete (Recommend Approval!)

06/28/2016 - New Card Ordered / Approved (Formal Notice)

06/30/2016 - Mailed Green Card

07/02/2016 - Green Card Received (2-year conditional)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hey guys, my GC expires 9/13 so I guess I will be filing this month as well, let’s do this together! I’ve been super lazy with the gathering of documentation so I really need to buck up.

my biggest concern right now is my employment. I’m a Delta flight attendant so I fly in and out of the country a lot. How will this process affect my ability to get through immigration in a timely fashion? I don’t want to have a secondary every time I come back into the country!

also, the letter only extends the date for one year right? And I heard it typically takes more than a year to complete the ROC? So can I still work for Delta when it does expire?

I don’t have tons of proof other than the usual joint bank accounts and stuff and my summer flying schedule is hectic so I don’t know if I can find time to attend biometric appointment. I’m not worry tho because we are a legit couple but I just worry about my employment with Delta.

please tell me that I’m thinking too much.

Marcus.

AOS - 130 days

ROC - 15m

N400 - 10/18/2019

bio - 11/4/19

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You are thinking too much. Concerning the secondary processing, one way to make sure this does not happen is to sign up for Global Entry. Upon your first re-entry in the States using ROC, they will send you to secondary processing, verify that the letter is correct and you can ask to update your GE account then. Afterwards, when you come back to the States, use the GE machine without your Green Card - enter manually your A#. Should work like a charm! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Thanks, that’s all I needed to hear! 

30 minutes ago, simsim2 said:

You are thinking too much. Concerning the secondary processing, one way to make sure this does not happen is to sign up for Global Entry. Upon your first re-entry in the States using ROC, they will send you to secondary processing, verify that the letter is correct and you can ask to update your GE account then. Afterwards, when you come back to the States, use the GE machine without your Green Card - enter manually your A#. Should work like a charm! 

AOS - 130 days

ROC - 15m

N400 - 10/18/2019

bio - 11/4/19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.